Certified Vacation Planner RCI

Hi folks...

Before I reply to an email I received today, I thought I would run it past the long time cruisers first.

I received an email today from an RCICertified Vacation Planner looking to give me a hand planning things, possibly have specials or discounts available etc.

Has anyone been contacted by a planner and if so...some advice please.

Thanks...Don

I've been contacted when I've requested a brochure, or have been online "looking"...what advice do you need? If you want to book a cruise thru RCI, call them. If not...don't! It's not a scam or anything...they're just trying to get folks to book cruises on RCI!

You can use them or not, it's not a big deal. I got an email from mine as well (and a couple more every so often) but whenever I call his answering machine picks up so I just call the main number and talk to anyone.

I have received emails and phone calls. It is triggered when you look online (RCI website) and "hold" a cruise, or if you call in to ask a question.

They are only trying to be helpful and answer questions, and of course, not to let any possible cruisers out there slip through the cracks. ;)

Hope This Helps.

I had always used the online reservation system. However, last year I decided to use a RCI planner. He was so helpful and worked out any kinks in advance. It was such a pleasant experience that I contacted him again to book my next two cruises. If he isn't available or on vacation, he has another RCI to stand in for him. They work so well as a team, that my trip was flawless except for the cold snap. You do need to know if you use an RCI planner you will have access to the online reservation but all changes must be made through the RCI planner.:cool::)

As others have said, it is triggered by placing a courtesy hold or as a follow up to call in questions. In our case it's almost always a phone call and the agent is only trying to be helpful to follow up on the on-line activity or to be sure your questions have been answered. (You will always recieve a call if a courtesy hold is about to expire). It is aimed at trying to help you reserve a trip and they typically don't have any of your history or current records in front of them - just a blind follow up return call. We've gotten calls resulting from upgrade or other post reservation inquiries where the agent didn't realize we already had a cruise booked. But it is a legitimate service - and usuallly a good one - offered by RCI to try to be of help and of course help assure you book the next cruise with them.

Another +1. I got a call when I booked a cruise a few years ago (after a few year break), he was so helpful, we've booked all future cruises through them (and it helps that we do the on board booking).

They seem to be good people.

Thanks everyone...

I did place a call to RCI and received a quote so that's what must have triggered this. I didn't receive an email from a planner the first time we went on the Allure so this one kind of blind sided me.

Time to follow up with her then.....

We called and booked a couple of GS's on Navigator next year using the 800 number. Got an email the next day from a RCI vacation planner offering his assistance. We have used him for a couple of minor things and he has done a great job so far. Very helpful in ironing our some small wrinkles.

I've used a planner now for the last 2 cruises and he has been great! I can email him for minor changes and if needed he has always called back or message he is on vacation. Can always call the 800 for immediate assistance. He's been more helpful than the TA I used for 6 previous cruises!

Archived