Anyone else getting a Malware pop up when using the boards?

trvlgirlmq

It is not a problem with CC or your computer. You AVS is simply providing a public service and gently reminding you that perhaps there are better ways to be spending your precious and limited time. :)

It is not a problem with CC or your computer. You AVS is simply providing a public service and gently reminding you that perhaps there are better ways to be spending your precious and limited time. :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Me too. I know for a fact that McAfee doesn't catch everything which is why I have several Malware freebees running also.

Never run more than one anti-virus program at one time. If you do they will cancel each other out and may allow stuff in.

Never run more than one anti-virus program at one time. If you do they will cancel each other out and may allow stuff in.

Most Internet Security type anti-virus programs will slow your system to a crawl. I haven't seen one yet that deals with malware and viruses at a high level that doesn't. So a lot of people use malwarebytes or something else that doesn't run all the time. Then they just scan their pc every week or so.

Most Internet Security type anti-virus programs will slow your system to a crawl. I haven't seen one yet that deals with malware and viruses at a high level that doesn't. So a lot of people use malwarebytes or something else that doesn't run all the time. Then they just scan their pc every week or so.

Microsoft Security Essentials does run well, does not steal memory and keep it... AND it's free! Use it all the time on customers computers. And it deals with malware as well as any other high level security program. It uses memory when needed and then releases it back.

People who do not use an active malware program and scan once a week are called something - A customer - cause they will be calling someone to fix the problems.

Still getting the 'stop' sign from McAfee when trying to sign on to the boards. The going to the main Cruisecritc.com site is fine, but as soon as I click on the 'boards' link, I get a 'stop - are you sure you want to go there' message.

My definition file for McAfee is up to date. Unfortunately, using a different scanner is not an option - any other suggestions?

I have checked and several other boards are having the same problem with McAfee including the DIS (Disney) boards. You might want to contact McAfee and see what is going on... OR uninstall it and put MSE that is free and will speed up your computer.

Archived