Anyone else getting a Malware pop up when using the boards?

trvlgirlmq

I haven't had any issues. I don't know what security you have. I have McAfee.
I haven't had any issues. I don't know what security you have. I have Microsoft Security Essentials ;)

-and SpyBot to dig out any marketing malware, although it never finds a thing, this last 2 yrs.

I also use Firefox browser

with a Script Blocker, a Flash Blocker and an AD-Blocker.

Let's see them get past THAT little lot! :D

I'm also NOT using ancient XP.

Yes, for 2 days now. I have avast. If i click on message boards malware warnings then blank page.

I had to back into the message boards by going to editor reviews first, member reviews, then message boards.

Sure wish someone at cruise critic would work on this.

I suspect the problem may be at your poorly-defended end!? :confused:

I do Computer House Calls to folks like you

and never cease to be amazed at how poorly-defended most folks' computers are!!

Is your Windows Update current??

When last did you sort out your Windows Registry?

I use McAfee and got the "whoa do you really want to go there!" warning this morning. Everything is up to date, Windows, registry checks and security updates. If my computer wasn't defended I wouldn't get a warning.

For a few hours earlier this week Google Chome was giving me a warning that "Visiting this site may harm my computer" with an indication that there was malware found on the site.

A few hours later it was fine.

We've cleared up the issue re: Avast users getting warning notifications. If you still get any, please let me know via email.

Laura

Sorry but it isn't cleared up. Just tried to access it - McAfee is my security - and I am getting the message that Cruise Critic is a dangerous site. Nevertheless I risked coming on to post. Hope you get things fixed soon....bye till then...

I use MSE and have had no problems. Sometimes the Mcafee/AVG/Avast/etc. run Behavior/Anomaly/Heuristic/ scans along with the Signature based scans in the background and if you have not turn off/rebooted your computer since the initial refusal those scans running in the background (which are stealing memory) may continue to think the offending site is still compromised. Try rebooting the machine and see if the site will load correctly... and yeah I do this for a living.

Bob

Just logged on this morning and McAfee flagged the site with the "Whoa! Do you really want to go there?" warning. For the past few days McAfee has run a black bar across the top saying it has blocked some content. Today's more severe warning was a first, so I think something is still causing the issue.

Sorry but it isn't cleared up. Just tried to access it - McAfee is my security - and I am getting the message that Cruise Critic is a dangerous site. Nevertheless I risked coming on to post. Hope you get things fixed soon....bye till then...

Ditto...

• Administrators

This is what we know so far, A site that many members use for animated graphics was pinpointed as malicious, some images were linked in posts and your virus programs picked it up. it wasn't our site but the graphics site, which we have now blocked.

I was blocked by Avast for the past two days. Using an Apple IPad now so not sure whether Avast is blocking again. If a site or product is blocking this site from members then Laura tell us what site is the problem so we know if we are using it.

This is what we know so far, A site that many members use for animated graphics was pinpointed as malicious, some images were linked in posts and your virus programs picked it up. it wasn't our site but the graphics site, which we have now blocked.

I am still getting the warning.. Took my chance again to get here.. Fingers crossed..

I use Kaspersky which catches everything and it's been showing me these Malware issues for a couple of months now on certain pages of posts on here. My virus software recognizes it as an Http:// problem and blocks the problem while still letting me view the site. But, it's a pain in the rear.

I use Kaspersky also. There's a couple of people on here that use hotbar or other sites in their signiture. They seem to post a bunch and I get the little popup warning. I guess they think it's cool.

any reason you need to be snarky? CC Already said it was something on their end. there were links on the board that went to suspicious places and now they have blocked it.

If your virus software didn't pick it up I guess maybe its time to change protection.

it never ceases to amaze me how pompous people can be and really don't know how vulnerable they are.

I use Kaspersky also. There's a couple of people on here that use hotbar or other sites in their signiture. They seem to post a bunch and I get the little popup warning. I guess they think it's cool.

I use MS Security Essentials and have all the signatures blocked and haven't got any warnings. Would blocking the signatures help?

I use MS Security Essentials and have all the signatures blocked and haven't got any warnings. Would blocking the signatures help?

I have signatures blocked and my Avast blocked me from the CC boards last two days.

If that is the case then CC should block those members from the site until they take the problems out of their signatures. This was a problem several months ago and it took a long time for CC to address the problem.

If that is the case then CC should block those members from the site until they take the problems out of their signatures. This was a problem several months ago and it took a long time for CC to address the problem.

Here's one of them. Your a/v should stop the signiture. You can scroll down and look for the red x box. For me it's the same two people. Not wanting to name names.

Archived