Cruise Card

Avril

Actually, the Brown is the new "suite" color. Our last two suites we got that color instead of the silver/platinum colored ones.

I liked the silver better.

What we got was more of a maroon color instead of the platinum. Some of the other suite passengers had the silver/platinum so we weren't sure if they just ran out of the other ones. I like the silver/platinum ones better myself.

My cruise on the Epic I started with a purple card. That didn't work so they gave me a yellow card that did. I then lost that card and I got the teal color. I joked that if I lost that one I would have to be thrown off the ship as they ran out of cards for me!

What we got was more of a maroon color instead of the platinum. Some of the other suite passengers had the silver/platinum so we weren't sure if they just ran out of the other ones. I like the silver/platinum ones better myself.

I believe the maroon cards are for non-haven suites, while the platinum cards are for haven suites only. That was the case on our cruise last March on the Gem.

I've never stayed in a suite so I can't confirm card color, but on all my other trips, the color is random. I've always needed to replace the kids several times and mine at least a few due to demagnitization (sp). Again you get another color. For passengers under 18 one corner is snipped to signify and for those age 18-20 another corner. It helps the bar staff on who they can serve what too. You can keep all your cards even when replaced and the final one too.

Interesting... On our 4 NCL cruises cards matched our level. It was always bronze, before the last cruise my DH became silver, and this was his card color. We always had inside staterooms with NCL.

• 6 months later...

While on the Sky (Dec. 3 - 7, 2012), hubby and I had brown cards --- ick. Much prefer the pretty colored cards - purple, pink/rose, blue, yellow, orange, greens...

It was strange because that was the only color of card I saw anybody have in their hand on tenders, in venues, etc. I'm sure there were other colors being used, but didn't see them like I usually do :confused:. *cue the Twilight tv show music* :p:D

We had a mini suite on our latest cruise (12/09 on Pearl) with blue and green cards, our adult kids were in an ocean view - same colors as us (and we are silver latitude, this was their first cruise).

My friend and I (both staying in studio rooms) met up with a couple from CC before getting on the ship (they had a balcony room). All three of them had a yellow card... I had a pretty teal card.

We asked one of the guys at guest services one day if there was any reason mine was teal and my friend's was yellow and they said the card colors were just random. :)

I was also wondering what the colors signified. Just got off the Jewel on 12/23 and we were in a 2 bedroom family suite and had a pink/purple color. Was on the Gem this past Sept. in an aft PH and had the same color. Have had the platium color also in past cruises in a suite (not haven).

Archived