Lido Balcony

Bobby Jones

Just assigned a balcony on Lido deck on the Golden. Did a search and by and large most people are happy with the location. No mention of noise coming from MUTS. Anyone know of any problems in that area?

Convenient and one of our favorite decks to be on! Some have had concerns if in L256 or higher (cabin number) as those are closer to stairs/elevator/pool and will have more hall traffic. Love the Lido!

We've been on Lido twice (other Princess ships) and had your concerns. No noise, no problems, nice location. The cabins on that deck, at least on the ships we were on, are quite a ways from Muts and the forward stairs/elevators seemed to be used less than the others.

Just assigned a balcony on Lido deck on the Golden. Did a search and by and large most people are happy with the location. No mention of noise coming from MUTS. Anyone know of any problems in that area?
You won't hear MUTS but depending on where your cabin is, you might hear quite a bit of noise from people walking or running on the deck above, power washing super early in the morning, deck chairs being moved, etc. That's if you're under open deck. If you're under the Spa beauty salon or the massage area, you should be fine. If you're on the starboard side under the Fitness Center, you might hear the treadmills from 7am (or is it 7:30am?) until late in the evening. They don't allow anyone to use them before then because of the noise.

If we're booking a BA cabin, then for us we prefer a midship Caribe deck cabin with a larger balcony that is half covered than a Lido deck cabin with a smaller balcony. Another reason is my wife is prone to seasickness & the higher Lido deck forward would experience more motion than midship on Caribe deck if it gets rough. So for us the convenience of a Lido deck location is less desirable than a BA cabin on Caribe deck but others may feel differently...there's something for everyone! :)

We find being forward of the elevators is best on Lido.

Don't know why they changed these balconies on Lido to a BA. :eek:

Would much prefer the larger balconies on Caribe. :D

My experience when booking a BA cabin has been that those on Caribe deck are booked 1st & the Lido deck ones later so many others must agree with us. I haven't check their category when the recategorization becomes effective next spring however I doubt if the current BA cabins on Lido & Caribe will be in the same category but I could be wrong.

My experience when booking a BA cabin has been that those on Caribe deck are booked 1st & the Lido deck ones later so many others must agree with us. I haven't check their category when the recategorization becomes effective next spring however I doubt if the current BA cabins on Lido & Caribe will be in the same category but I could be wrong.

Lido BA's go to a BF, caribe BA's go to a B1. Don't know what this means rate wise yet. I used to be sold on the caribes and their awesome balconies but have taken a new like to the convenience of the Lido. :D

Lido BA's go to a BF, caribe BA's go to a B1. Don't know what this means rate wise yet. I used to be sold on the caribes and their awesome balconies but have taken a new like to the convenience of the Lido. :D

I've been upgraded to Plaza deck oceanview cabins recently that are very convenient to access the Atrium & things in the Piazza like the IC & Alfredo's Pizzeria so I have become more aware of the advantages of a convenient location. Although being so conveniently located to food, I use the stairs to go from Plaza deck 5 to Lido deck 14 to not gain so much weight. :p

For the balcony cabin categories a BF is the least expensive & the most expensive B1 is 8 categories higher & even more expensive than the popular aft balcony B4 category. I checked a random cruise on the Crown next year after the new categories are implemented & the price was $2,369 for a B1 cabin & $1,949 for a BF cabin. That's quite a price difference (22%) for cabins that are currently both considered a BA category. :eek:

The only problem I've found with Lido balconies is that we like to use the stairs rather than the elevators when possible, to at least help with some of the overeating.

It's a long haul up from, say, deck 4 to the Lido deck! But, when I bite the bullet and just do it, with some heavy breathing by the time I arrive, I don't usually gain any weight.

Thanks to all who answered my question about Lido balconies. Now, however, the question is moot, as we have just been assigned to a balcony cabin on Caribe deck. We're familiar with Caribe deck and it's a plus, but I'll still wonder about the Lido cabins. Maybe next cruise!!

If you're on the starboard side under the Fitness Center, you might hear the treadmills from 7am (or is it 7:30am?) until late in the evening. They don't allow anyone to use them before then because of the noise.

Thank you for this good information. We are in almost that situation, but instead of being under starboard side of the Fitness Center, we're under the port side where it says "aerobics". Is that cause for concern as well?

Archived