Your Best Cabin and Why

dalebo

We have sailed with Holland America several times. We always have a balcony but never had a suite. thinking back, I think the best cabin I had was cabin 1027 on the Eurodam for a cruise to Norway and Scotland.

Why?

It was high up... great views.

There are very few cabins on that deck and in a few steps you can be outside so you can see both sides of the ship... Great when we were in the Fjords.

We were right but the stairs and elevator... With very few cabins on that deck, the noise was not a problem.

One flight up was the library, cafe and one flight down was the Lido Deck.

That was my best cabin, what was yours?

1027 would be Main Deck, way down low. ;) I assume you meant 10027. :D

So far VD 4043 has been our cabin of choice - the deeper balcony is nice and I liek teh location too. After 4 cruises in that cabin of 3 different ships we are going out on a limb - and moving to VD 4166 on the Eurodam for an even bigger balcony.

1027 would be Main Deck, way down low. ;) I assume you meant 10027. :D

So far VD 4043 has been our cabin of choice - the deeper balcony is nice and I liek teh location too. After 4 cruises in that cabin of 3 different ships we are going out on a limb - and moving to VD 4166 on the Eurodam for an even bigger balcony.

We've been in that on the Noordam, Peter. Nice sized balcony when sailing with lots of friends especially.

My favorite veranda cabins on the larger ships are 4164/4166/4168 depending on the ship. On the S class ships I prefer the "B" cabins all the way aft, they also have a larger balcony with a more panoramic view. (except on Veendam after retrofit )

Best cabin ever? Probably my idealy located balcony cabin on the Prinsendam. First, and probably last, time I will ever be so lucky as to have a "porch" on a ship. An unexpected last-minute upgrade to a comfortable cabin in a perfect location.

My favorite cabin is the one I'm in! Just happy to be aboard! :D

So true...we uisually have a verandah but our last trip there were none available so we were on the Lower Prom. Deck 6........guess what it was great as ever and we still had a marvellous time :) We are now booked for Feb 1st.....the South Pacific Circle on The Statendam and will be on Deck 6 again, for 28 days would love a verandah but price wise it's a better and who knows they may upgrade us :) However any cabin is fine just let me onboard and I'm happy.

A really tough question - as we have enjoyed every cabin we have been in:) A lot of pros for all of them.

However, if DH gets a vote, it is definitely #005 on the Prinsendam.

Top deck, sports deck - smooth as silk, height made no difference and we escaped the smell of the bbq on the lido;)

Very roomy cosy cabin, plenty of seating, beautiful walk in closet, separate toilet and sink making it easy for pre dinner preparations and when we had guests.

curtains around the bed for privacy or to keep the sun out of dh's eyes in the morning when I got up early;)

Easily could host 8 to 10 in the room with no crowding and plenty of seating.

Really well laid out and very comfy. Loved that the rooms were 'named'. Ours was the Lief Errikson:)

Best laid out room we have seen - and the most comfortable:)

We have sailed with Holland America several times. We always have a balcony but never had a suite. thinking back, I think the best cabin I had was cabin 1027 on the Eurodam for a cruise to Norway and Scotland.

Why?

It was high up... great views.

There are very few cabins on that deck and in a few steps you can be outside so you can see both sides of the ship... Great when we were in the Fjords.

We were right but the stairs and elevator... With very few cabins on that deck, the noise was not a problem.

One flight up was the library, cafe and one flight down was the Lido Deck.

That was my best cabin, what was yours?

We sailed on the Rotterdam to Alaska the first year after her refit and the introduction of the "Lanai" cabins. We had CA3356 and loved it.

It was a short walk down to the Atrium, if you go in the other direction you are about 50 steps from the elevators. There were two exits from the cabin - the door into the hallway and the slideing doors took you directly out to the Promenade and the two reserved deck chairs. We would sit out there and watch the world go buy. The best part - the cabins were almost $700.00 less than the cost of the balconies with the SAME views. Which gave us extra money for the larger excursions.

What more can you ask for??

SMILE - :D - it will always confuse an oncoming frown.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska- Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

Any Aft Wrap are my favorite. Though I do have to admit that as of today Vista Class ships' Aft Wrap Deck 6 are our favorites. BUT, wait til May next year and I'll tell you if I like Deck 5 aft wraps better. I am not overly fond of the Signature Class aft wraps because their verandahs are not as big, but they are preferable to a non aft wrap to us.

Reasons are because of the verandah and the 2 sides to view from. I spend almost all of my time, while aboard the ship on the verandah just leaning on the railing and day dreaming.

Joanie

The SC Corner Suites on the Verandah deck (deck 5) on the Vista ships are my favorites. Nice size suite with a huge verandah providing 50 some feet of your own railing to lean over for 270 degrees of view. Some will tell you they are too far from the Neptune Lounge, but I don't mind the exercise you get from going to get goodies. It takes away some of the guilt.

If you're fortunate enough to be able to book a Penthouse suite, they are simply fabulous.

I have to agree, the deluxe verandah suites we had on our first 2 cruises ever were pretty amazing! It was hard at first to step down to a verandah then to oceanview, but we enjoyed the cruise just the same, though the Neptune was nice. As mentioned above, the best cabin is whatever you happen to be in, I am glad just to be on a holiday on the ship. :D

Its a no brainer for us, but it isn't really a fair comparison. The SA's we've had on Vista class ships are hard to beat if price is no object. We discovered that more affordable is an SY and nearly as nice. It will always be our first choice and it will take a really great upsell to entice us to move.

Gosh, I feel cheap. My favorite cabins are the forward F or FF on Main or A Deck. I like 1001 or 1002 on the Eurodam as they have showers instead of tubs and are slightly bigger than the other F cabins. I prefer the FF on the S-class vessels -- 714 is my cabin of choice -- because the beds are under the windows and I have a great view from bed. And while it has been nice to have a balcony, I don't use it enough to justify the expense. I prefer the Main Deck ocean view cabins to Lower Promenade deck because I like to leave my curtains open overnight. I actually like the anchor and docking noises in the forward cabins and have never really noticed any motion. I felt far more motion in the balcony cabins I had on the S-class ships. But I am not going to complain as long I on the ship and my cabin has a window.

I never gave too much thought to my cabin. Just give me a comfortable bed, room for my clothes, and a veranda and I'm happy. I spend very little time in the cabin other than sleeping and showering, HOWEVER.........on my last cruise to Alaska I booked an SC because I was taking my adult daughter. Well, I saw that a 3rd and 4th person in a cabin could be added for a couple hundred dollars so I asked if any of my other children wanted to go. Two more said yes so I called HAL and added them. I was told that the SC didn't accommodate four so they gave us an SA at no additional charge. Two weeks before the cruise I was offered an upsell to the Penthouse. After asking my kids what they thought we decided to go for it as we figured we might never get the chance to experience it again. Well, we are now totally spoiled! Two large screen TVs, a hot tub on our veranda, a full dining room with Waterford crystal, a kitchen, walk in closet, living room, and the Neptune lounge. Not to mention unlimited laundry and dry cleaning throughout the cruise, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, priority boarding etc. I guess now I'd have to say cabin 7046 on the Westerdam has become my favorite!

WOW! Good for you sugercharlie!

Like a couple others who have already posted, our favorite cabins are the corner-aft cabins

with the wraparound balconies. (SC on the Vistas)

The reasons? All the suite amenities and balcony views like these....

While sipping coffee in the inside passage:

P1000202_0650.jpg

Watching the operation of the Panama Canal locks:

ENGINESTART.jpg

I never gave too much thought to my cabin. Just give me a comfortable bed, room for my clothes, and a veranda and I'm happy. I spend very little time in the cabin other than sleeping and showering, HOWEVER.........on my last cruise to Alaska I booked an SC because I was taking my adult daughter. Well, I saw that a 3rd and 4th person in a cabin could be added for a couple hundred dollars so I asked if any of my other children wanted to go. Two more said yes so I called HAL and added them. I was told that the SC didn't accommodate four so they gave us an SA at no additional charge. Two weeks before the cruise I was offered an upsell to the Penthouse. After asking my kids what they thought we decided to go for it as we figured we might never get the chance to experience it again. Well, we are now totally spoiled! Two large screen TVs, a hot tub on our veranda, a full dining room with Waterford crystal, a kitchen, walk in closet, living room, and the Neptune lounge. Not to mention unlimited laundry and dry cleaning throughout the cruise, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, priority boarding etc. I guess now I'd have to say cabin 7046 on the Westerdam has become my favorite!

Very nice indeed - we loved ours on the Zuiderdam (upsell). I had to vote for the Prinsendam though as dh preferred an S on this ship to PH on another:eek: The S's on the P'dam are truly wonderful:)

Archived