What is the distance between?

I have a CPAP machine that I have to bring and is noted already on my cruise file.

My question is (on freedom) with an inside cabin, what is the distance between the available plug and the night table near the bed?

I need an extension cord (which they are allowing me to bring) and they suggested 8 ft but I think I need longer.

Opinions please.

The only outlet most can use is the one on the desk.

The one by the bed, only the cabin steward supposedly has access to, and I have not heard differently.

All the people I know bring a 25 ft extension cord.

To reach from the desk to the bed. .. just in case.

In fact if you have to, the pursers desk has them and they too have 25 ft. extension cords.. you do have to put down a $25 deposit to get one if they have any left. (someone on my cruise in a wheelchair had to pay the deposit and was upset.. ..RCL doesnt make you pay a deposit.. da da da..)

Carry you CPAP machine with you as carryon, roll the cord up as small as you can get it, wrap it with an elastic band and stick it in the CPAP bag or in your other carry on bag. That'll usually get through. I'd suggest taking one of those Belkin 3 outlet mini surge and usb protectors. the prongs fold up on back and it'll give you 2 other outlets and 2 usb hubs for charging cameras and other devices. You can put that in your checked luggage.

The outlet is on the vanity which is across from the foot of the bed. I think you will need at least a total of 12 feet of cord to go from the vanity down to the floor then along the wall then up to the night stand.

OP same same .. what I call a desk, this poster is calling a vanity .. its your only outlet .. and a long stretch from the bed area .. you dont want the cord stretched tight where people are tripping over it at night.

Archived