Valencia HOHO - what a disappointment

suekay

We have done HOHO bus tours in many cities in many countries and this was the most diappointing of all. It cost 15 euros per person and there were 2 routes. We chose to do the "historic and monuments" first. I think it took about 1 hour 20 minutes as it was Sunday. Unlike any other HOHO bus, the solid side came up to 3" above my shoulder (I'm 5'4") severely limiting my view of the street - as I sat on the aisle seat my view was restricted to treetops and upper floors of buildings. It was glass above the solid sides so there was no problem with wind, but it did mean the passenger next to the window could not easily peer into the street below. The seats weren't the usual hard plastic but a velvet-like fabric which led me to suspect it had been converted from a regular double decker city bus. We decided not to bother with the second route and heard others saying the same as we got off the bus. Just FYI so you aren't disappointed as we were

Thanks for the Heads Up about the HOHO bus in Valencia. We've also taken the HOHO bus tours in many cities, and have been pleased with most of them. In Valencia, we took the ship's shuttle into the city and decided to see the city by foot. Lots of walking for sure, but we thoroughtly enjoyed the city sights, including a huge food market.

We love Valencia and I would recommend going to the old area on the shuttle and just walking.

And then we also enjoyed the aquarium near the port. One of the nicest we have ever been to.

Keith

Hi Keith

How long was your port stop in Valencia to allow you to see both the old town and the Aquarium? How did you get from the Aquarium back to the ship?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
We love Valencia and I would recommend going to the old area on the shuttle and just walking.

And then we also enjoyed the aquarium near the port. One of the nicest we have ever been to.

Keith

Totally agree. We also love this city, but cannot imagine trying to enjoy it from the top of a bus. Like many European cities, the best way to enjoy its charms is on foot. The only time we would recommend a bus tour (or HOHO) would be for folks that have mobility issues.

Hank:confused::cool:

Totally agree. We also love this city, but cannot imagine trying to enjoy it from the top of a bus. Like many European cities, the best way to enjoy its charms is on foot. The only time we would recommend a bus tour (or HOHO) would be for folks that have mobility issues.

Hank:confused::cool:

That's why we take them in every city. Mum is now 85 and HOHO buses enable her to get an overview without too much walking

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived