Applying C&A saving certificate after full payment is possible!!!

Hello all,

I don’t know if this has been posted here before, just wanted to share this for maybe future use.

We are on NOS September 16, we paid in full for this cruise (all done online on the RCI site) a while ago.

When checking the recent C&A saving certificated I noticed that our sailing was amongst them...Terms and conditions state that these certificates are only applicable to new bookings.

However, in the RCI FAQ page there is a small paragraph stating that when receiving these certificates for a sailing you are on and paid for you should contact the C&A desk...Witch we did!

After doing the hold dance, the rep told us they could deduct the amount on the savings certificate for our sailing or deduct it from an upgrade...With this certificate we were able to upgrade to a JS for just 110$.......Jeeeeeeeeej!!!

Since you are in Belgium, I wonder if that is why you were able to apply it? Also, I don't think it can be used for those of us that are taking a C&A balcony discount. :(

Errr no, if you book via http://www.royalcaribbean.com it does not matter if you are in Belgium, the states or in Timbuktu…The Miami office handles all the online bookings, trust me my phone bills and cruise invoices proof this, all is arranged and billed in Miami under your law and the RCI terms & conditions.

The FAQ is from the Royal Caribbean site http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2690&faqSubjectId=323&faqType=faq

The only thing I did was call them, the rep was very happy to apply the coupon, btw it was a C&A balcony discount savings that I applied, we are now still in the gold C&A level, so we don’t have a standard balcony discount yet…The terms and conditions say that the platinum and higher level balcony discount cannot be combined with any other discount except for the onboard booking bonus...Which I think you were talking about no?

I had something similar on my recent cruise - I had booked and paid in full, then literally the next day I got a certificate in the post to celebrate becoming Diamond (four months after it happened, but we'll let that slide). I called the UK C&A desk and they arranged for a refund to my credit card, didn't need to send the certificate in.

I was in an inside, so the balcony discount issue didn't arise.

Hello all,

When checking the recent C&A saving certificated I noticed that our sailing was amongst them...Terms and conditions state that these certificates are only applicable to new bookings.

However, in the RCI FAQ page there is a small paragraph stating that when receiving these certificates for a sailing you are on and paid for you should contact the C&A desk...Witch we did!

After doing the hold dance, the rep told us they could deduct the amount on the savings certificate for our sailing or deduct it from an upgrade...With this certificate we were able to upgrade to a JS for just 110$.......Jeeeeeeeeej!!!

I have been able to use Savings Certificates for three of my cruises. Every one of them was used after the cruise was already booked.

Well I just wanted to share this, as Royal Caribbean will obviuously not tell you, that you should check all possibilities for discounts :D. Like for example (and in my case) the C&A savings certificates and dare to call them to ask for the discount, booked, paid in full or not…Doubt a lot of people do this, via this post when people google the subject they will be able to learn about this :)

Ok, I just finished a chat with RCI and she told me this:

In the event there is a savings certifcate for your sailing, you would submit the information to coupons@rccl.com. Please include your name, shipsail date, booking number, the option code and the amount of the coupon.

Of course I don't know if there was a saving certificate at that time because they are updated online and old ones are taken off. She did not want to do any research so I have no way of knowing, but I hope this helps someone.

Ok, I just finished a chat with RCI and she told me this:

In the event there is a savings certifcate for your sailing, you would submit the information to coupons@rccl.com. Please include your name, shipsail date, booking number, the option code and the amount of the coupon.

Of course I don't know if there was a saving certificate at that time because they are updated online and old ones are taken off. She did not want to do any research so I have no way of knowing, but I hope this helps someone.

Indeed, exactly what I did, forgot to mention it in the OP…I did have to send a mail to coupons@rccl.com...After the chat with the reps.

And them doing no research is EXACTLTY why I started this thread :D, check your savings certificates every time you get them people!!! :D You might be lucky and able to apply a discount to your sailing.

Indeed, exactly what I did, forgot to mention it in the OP…I did have to send a mail to coupons@rccl.com...After the chat with the reps.

And them doing no research is EXACTLTY why I started this thread :D, check your savings certificates every time you get them people!!! :D You might be lucky and able to apply a discount to your sailing.

I studied the savings certificate section on RCCL and I have a pretty good idea what the code might have been as well as the amount so I am going to email and ask, what can it hurt? It could get us $250.

I have been able to use Savings Certificates for three of my cruises. Every one of them was used after the cruise was already booked.

great to hear! i was thinking of waiting to book until a Savings Certificate came out for the itinerary we wanted. guess we don't have to wait (and will just hope there's some extra savings we can take advantage of :)

Not true, Royalcaribbean.com differs you to the country you live in. Ex. If you book from Royalcaribbean.com or Royalcaribbean.de it would all go through the German office. Maybe Belgium doesn't have an office an it all differs back to Miami but this is not the case for other countries. You have to book from the country you have residence in.

Okay...If your not in (for Europe) Italy, UK, Norway, Germany, Spain and France (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=5&snav=1) once you press the book now on the Royal Caribbean site, Miami handles all of it...So every time you need to edit something that cannot be done online (room upgrade, coupons, etc) you have to call Miami, this is also were my invoices come from.

After reading this thread yesterday, I looked and I DO HAVE a Savings Cetificate for my sailing on 4-7-13!!! It expires TOMORROW so I called and YES, I can use it! $125.00 So I did the email and got a confirmation back last night! Thanks for the "head's up!" :D

Hello all,

I don’t know if this has been posted here before, just wanted to share this for maybe future use.

We are on NOS September 16, we paid in full for this cruise (all done online on the RCI site) a while ago.

Thanks for posting this info!

After reading this thread yesterday, I looked and I DO HAVE a Savings Cetificate for my sailing on 4-7-13!!! It expires TOMORROW so I called and YES, I can use it! $125.00 So I did the email and got a confirmation back last night! Thanks for the "head's up!" :D

The "system" works :D :D :D :D !!!!

If I use a TA, will it still work?:confused:

I looked at the vouchers and my cruise date isn't on there as I'm not looking to sail till April.

Yes, the savings certificate should still work with a cruise booked through a TA. Don't know about overseas, but here in the states, most anything that lowers the cruise price also lowers the TA commission, so applying a savings certificate can result in a reduction of perks provided by the TA.

Verfai, where can you view the saving certificates? Is it on your c&a page?

Hey, I found it and also have one for our cruise. I'm gonna get in touch it's a £75 saving on a junior suite which we have booked.

OMG! I am sooooo sorry I did not post this in our roll call :(....I honestly did not come up to do so after posting it here.

If I use a TA, will it still work?:confused:

I looked at the vouchers and my cruise date isn't on there as I'm not looking to sail till April.

Like Clarea said, it should work, on the savings certificate there is a place designated for TA stamp...So they should know what to do with it.

Saving certificates still can't be combined with Crown and Discounts, Just so you know that.

If you are booked in a balcony or above most times those certificates are useless.

Jimbo:)

• 4 weeks later...

I want to extend a great big THANK YOU to all the Cruise Critic members for sharing your valuable insights about RCCL. This forum is great for sharing information and I am truly appreciative to your willingness to share your experiences.

I knew we had a Certificate available for our upcoming cruise on NOS, but I was unaware you could apply the Certificate after booking. (We booked this cruise during our NOS cruise in November 2011.) When I stumbled across this thread late on June 30th my initial thought was "Oh well, live and learn. I know better next time." since it was to late for me to get it submitted.

Well imagine my surprise when I checked our C&A account on July 2nd and saw another Certificate for the sailing. (NOTE: We only had one name on the reservation. I pulled the Certificate from the account that was not showing as booked. When I checked the account a few days later the Certificate was no longer available for the sailing; however, I had not applied it yet.)

So, I called our TA and had the "missing" name applied and remitted the Certificate. Two weeks later, the Certificate was applied. (I have a feeling the delay was due to some sort of mishap with that Certificate showing again.)

I read the Certificate very closely to make sure I did not have a "RCCL System Issue" - nope it states it expires September 30th and must be applied prior to expiration or Final Payment. Not sure why it disappeared even before the name was applied unless RCCL did not intend to offer the Certificate again and caught it and had it removed from the system.

So, my advice is if you see a Certificate you are interested in make sure you print it when you see it as it can be removed at a later time. The Certificate states "Offer may be withdrawn at any time".

PS This is one of those threads I wish they would post as a Sticky so everyone is aware that you can apply certificates after booking. We had Certificates available for our last two cruises, so we missed out on savings for those sailings also.

Archived