Lounges & Caribe deck balcony

Parrottdizes

We will be sailing on the Emerald and have a balcony room on the Caribe deck. I know that the balcony is larger on this deck and was wondering, if besides chairs, if it also has a lounge chair. Or do we have to ask the steward to get one for us. Thank you :)

If you want a lounge chair, you'd need to book a full suite. The stewards are not supposed to get a lounger from Lido for you. As I remember, they are not fireproof. If that's still the case, your steward could be reprimanded or released, both of which would affect his/her job. In addition, the steward would have to remove and store the chairs from your balcony.

Thank you Pam........don't want the stewart to do anything that he/she is not susposed to do.

I thought I saw images of mini-suites having loungers or recliners and had wondered since the Caribe balconies were larger that they could have one too.............Guess I was wrong. Oh well, such is life.

Thank you Pam........don't want the stewart to do anything that he/she is not susposed to do.

I thought I saw images of mini-suites having loungers or recliners and had wondered since the Caribe balconies were larger that they could have one too.............Guess I was wrong. Oh well, such is life.

We used to make midnight runs to the pool area for loungers!! :D

No more! :(

I agree no reason to get Stewart in any trouble. ;)

We will be sailing on the Emerald and have a balcony room on the Caribe deck. I know that the balcony is larger on this deck and was wondering, if besides chairs, if it also has a lounge chair. Or do we have to ask the steward to get one for us. Thank you :)

Agree with all previously stated. Have not been on the Emerald, On other Princess ships where we had a Carib deck cabin, the balcony had 4 chairs, two of which had reclining backs, and a table.

We had the "new" chairs on the Star in March, and the backs were reclining.

But we sure missed the 2 ottomans and the dining height table. The balcony looked so empty, with just the 2 chairs and the teensy low table.

Not any more! Caribe balconys have 2 chairs & a teeny table. There is a lot about this change on the forum. Princess have promised to put footstools in but, they weren't in evidence on our recent cruise on Grand.:(

When Princess added to the thread about bringing back the bigger tables, now I'm wondering if it was just to put us off. In the long run it may hurt them, passengers might think twice about paying more for an caribe balcony. We won't.

Just returned from Med. cruise on Ruby Princess, Caribe deck. Yes, 4 chairs, two of which reclined and a table large enough for two to dine. Love that the balconies are 1/2 covered: lovely when it rains and also privacy is perfect.

We had the "new" chairs on the Star in March, and the backs were reclining.

But we sure missed the 2 ottomans and the dining height table. The balcony looked so empty, with just the 2 chairs and the teensy low table.

Interesting. I was in a Caribe balcony in March (C701) as well and there were two concrete-like non-reclining chairs and a tiny table.

When Princess added to the thread about bringing back the bigger tables, now I'm wondering if it was just to put us off. In the long run it may hurt them, passengers might think twice about paying more for an caribe balcony. We won't.

We won't either.....have always booked Caribe balcony but from now on BD category is just fine for us.

Has anyone been on the Golden Caribe deck balcony cabin recently. We'll be embarking in October and really want to make sure we don't have that teeny-tiny table.

I know Princess has said there will be reclining back chairs and a larger table on the Caribe.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks

Come on Princess. Pipe up with a response. What is happening? We are on the Caribbean in October, in January we were on her and they changed out the furniture for those very very small tables and only two chairs. Back in March there was a statement from princess saying they were adding furniture to caribe balconies. Nothing ive seen has given me any confidence that this has happened! I think I will be bringing on a large plastic table, lol.

Come on Princess. Pipe up with a response. What is happening? We are on the Caribbean in October, in January we were on her and they changed out the furniture for those very very small tables and only two chairs. Back in March there was a statement from princess saying they were adding furniture to caribe balconies. Nothing ive seen has given me any confidence that this has happened! I think I will be bringing on a large plastic table, lol.

I have a Caribe balcony room on the Island the end of September. Having experienced the new chairs on the Star, and since I am sailing from my home port (no flying required), if the old chairs have been replaced on the Island, I plan to bring inexpensive chair cushions and just leave them when I disembark at the other end.

...I plan to bring inexpensive chair cushions and just leave them when I disembark at the other end.
It is just plain sad that passengers who pay a premium for their balcony would even have to consider this. :(

Well this is what I think of all this.... I have been willing to spend my hard earned money on a balcony up to now,but if the balcony becomes unusable due to their furniture out there I would rather spend less money with them and just get a inside cabin!

We won't either.....have always booked Caribe balcony but from now on BD category is just fine for us.

DH & I usually book Caribe balcony and have been totally satisfied. This past April we experienced the new "improved" furniture on the Star. Terrible experience. Awkward, uncomfortable, inadequate....

Our next cruise is in September, again on the Star and again a Caribe balcony. This cruise was booked prior to our April voyage and we are keeping our fingers crossed, hoping that Princess will come through with improvements prior sailing.

We have future cruise credits and usually have a few cruises "on the books", but not at this time. Our decision to continue cruising with Princess and on Caribe will be made in September. :(

Archived