$25 Wash & Fold laundry special (photo of bag)

The special is also supposed to be limited items ... underwear, socks, shorts, and tshirts. They always warn that if you include other items, they will be charged at the full laundry pricing ... so I never count in getting jeans or slacks cleaned.

Yes, one has to be aware of what you are putting in the bag. I find that anything knit is OK, so many of my clothes can go in.

Sorry if I missed it but what day is this offered on a 7 days cruise . Thanks

If I recall correctly, day 4 or 5. However, some here on CC have reported success in getting the bag on other days just by asking the room steward.

If you DON'T use the laundry bag special and just get a dress washed an ironed while aboard, can you specify that it is cold water wash, or a gentle item?

The laundry form you fill out has room for instructions. If it's really delicate you can get it drycleaned.

Do they offer this special on the 7 day cruises? A great way to come homw with less to do.

Yes, it's offered once on a 7 day cruise. On our 13 day TA last year, they offered it 3 times, and it really helped because we were able to cut back on packing items like socks, underwear, t-shirts, etc.

If you DON'T use the laundry bag special and just get a dress washed an ironed while aboard, can you specify that it is cold water wash, or a gentle item?[/qDo you feel that with the laundry special that the water abd dryer are"hot" leading to shrinkage in cotton tee shirts?

We have fit in clothing for a size 8 woman and man weighing 300 lbs:

5 boxers XL

5 undies M

2 bathing suits (trunks + a tankini)

4 capris (sz. 8)

3 shorts XL (sports shorts)

4-5 heavy cotton shirts size 4X

1 pair of Dockers (size 38)

7 pairs of socks (5 mens & 2 ladies)

1 pair of running shorts, tank, and sports bra

6 lightweight cotton tops (women's size M)

1 pair of PJs (full length pants & short sleeve top size M)

How does a 300 lb man fit into a pair of size 38 dockers?

• 1 year later...

I bring along the travel packets of liquid laundry soap and wash light weight underwear in the sink. No problems there. Also bathing suits. I hang them to dry in the shower. I also use the Downy spray to "instant iron" my knits and it works great!

We will be on a B2B on the Jewel in May with a couple of days pre-cruise at a B&B in San Juan, so I am very interested in the ship's laundry service. I would be sending out knit capris/tops for me and khaki shorts/Hawaiian shirts for DH. I am worried about the khaki shorts and Hawaiian shirts. The shirts usually need to be ironed. And NO, I cannot get him to wear anything else.:rolleyes: So, should I plan to use the coupon and bag for my knits and just be prepared to spend extra $$ on sending out his things? How much would it cost to send out his things? We usually do 7 night cruises and have no problem packing enough for those.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

We used it on our Baltic cruise this summer - we also had a coupon for $5 reducing the cost to $20, in the coupon book for Platinum C&A members.

The t-shirts do come back a bit wrinkled.

This is an industrial laundry service, so while everything is washed, don't expect special attention to any stains and as others have said, don't send delicates or items that need to be hand washed

As others have mentioned, do not put anything in the bag that may shrink! I had two pairs of capris that I had for about four years but always washed in cold water and perma-press dry temperature. They came back from the laundry about three sizes smaller than they originally were so I couldn't begin to wear them anymore - and, no, it wasn't because I ate too much on the ship!!!

I'm now much more selective on what goes in the bag and I wash my capris in the sink and hang to dry. They're always dry by the next morning.

For those that want to know how big the laundry bag is. I have it next to the cruise compass for comparison. The special was offered on day 5 of our 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for posting this! I leave for Barcelona and the Serenade in 2 days and had been wondering what day they would do the special!

I bring along the travel packets of liquid laundry soap and wash light weight underwear in the sink. No problems there. Also bathing suits. I hang them to dry in the shower. I also use the Downy spray to "instant iron" my knits and it works great!

We will be on a B2B on the Jewel in May with a couple of days pre-cruise at a B&B in San Juan, so I am very interested in the ship's laundry service. I would be sending out knit capris/tops for me and khaki shorts/Hawaiian shirts for DH. I am worried about the khaki shorts and Hawaiian shirts. The shirts usually need to be ironed. And NO, I cannot get him to wear anything else. So, should I plan to use the coupon and bag for my knits and just be prepared to spend extra $$ on sending out his things? How much would it cost to send out his things? We usually do 7 night cruises and have no problem packing enough for those.

For the Wash & Fold Special you can only include Includes: Pajamas, socks, shorts, swimwear, t-shirts and underwear.

Here is the Shipboard Laundry Service price schedule. I've used it many times and have been very pleased with the results. I always tell them to wash things in cold water and dry on low heat. Haven't had anything shrink yet.

Edited by cruisenfever

I, too, have mastered the art of fitting a bunch of laundry into said bag, including blue jeans.

However .. and this is speculation .. there may be a downside to stuffing it so full. I suspect that the bag is placed into a mesh bag that probably isn't much bigger than the plastic bag, and thrown into the giant washers. I don't know this for a fact, but it's logical to assume that they don't tag each and every small item, and they probably wash the entire load as a unit. So, if you've overstuffed it, the cleaning may not be thorough.

Also be carefull of colors. You don't want all your underwear coming back pink or purple. We try to wear light colors the first few days(khaki, white and pastels) so we can put them together in the bag and not worry about the colors running.

We have mixed results with wrinkles. Sometimes everything comes back perfect and other times it is somewhat wrinkled. If they don't look so great I just hang them in the bathroom while we shower and the wrinkles come out.

I love this service.

Has anyone done this with the coupons being on the seapass card? If you have two bags and both people are Diamond, will the automatically take the $10 off each bag? How would that work? Previously we'd just put a coupon on top of each bag when we left it on the bed.

Has anyone done this with the coupons being on the seapass card? If you have two bags and both people are Diamond, will the automatically take the $10 off each bag? How would that work? Previously we'd just put a coupon on top of each bag when we left it on the bed.

You put your folio number on the sheet that you leave for the room steward. The two of you will have different numbers. That number should trigger the available discount.

You put your folio number on the sheet that you leave for the room steward. The two of you will have different numbers. That number should trigger the available discount.

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? I guess I never looked at the folio numbers. Awesome, thanks!

Is this available on all sailings? Does Independence have a self serve laundry?

There are no self service laundry facilities on any RCI ship. The Wash & Fold Special is available only on sailings of 4 nights or longer.

Edited by cruisenfever