Susan Wood, Cruise Director

rjms74

Hello,

I do not know if anyone who has recently sailed on Silversea is aware, but the excellent Cruise Director Susan Wood has retired! Such a great loss for SS - I had the pleasure of sailing with her on the Whisper & the Spirit! She will be sorely missed. Does anyone know which officers will be sailing on this Whisper this year from NYC in October?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Wow, Mattsmum, if that's true there is more to this story, as SS hired her from either Princess or Celebrity. Sounds like something's going on, it may be her candor-who knows. Whatever, we thought she was delightful in addition to being attractive, fashionable and friendly.

PS, Not the best trivia director, particularly when compared to Colin Brown.

Wes, Loved the tootleoos as well as her long gowns and classy manner. We sailed VAL-BA on the Whisper with her. What do you make of the previous post that she has moved to Seabourn. We thought SS was her last stop.

Bill

Wes, Loved the tootleoos as well as her long gowns and classy manner. We sailed VAL-BA on the Whisper with her. What do you make of the previous post that she has moved to Seabourn. We thought SS was her last stop.

Bill

We sailed on Seabourn (Sojourn) last May from Rome to Lisbon, and Susan Wood took over as Cruise Director on that particular trip. She was very charming and made an excellent first impression. Ithaca, from NYS

Bill

Could it be a different Susan Wood? See attached photo of "Susan Wood" and Seabourn Sojourn Captain Elliott. Doesn't look anything like the Susan Wood I know. http://www.cruiseeurope.com/node/3306

Could it be a different Susan Wood? See attached photo of "Susan Wood" and Seabourn Sojourn Captain Elliott. Doesn't look anything like the Susan Wood I know. http://www.cruiseeurope.com/node/3306

This lady in the photo is Susan Wear, Port of Tyne Corporate Affairs presenting a shield to Capt Elliott on a recent and first visit to Newcastle.

Hi everyone, I think Susan Wood we all know from Silversea has only recently 'retired' from Silversea - I sailed with her last on the Silver Spirit in November last year.

Cannot wait to get back on the Whisper in a few months.

Does anyone have a link to recent menus from the Whisper for lunch & dinner?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

This lady in the photo is Susan Wear, Port of Tyne Corporate Affairs presenting a shield to Capt Elliott on a recent and first visit to Newcastle.

Fairbourne, Thanks for the clarification on the real Susan. The article somewhat implied the photo was Susan Wood. So, then it looks like they are one in the same and she has gone to Seabourn. They are very fortunate to have her as she is a class act.

Hi Bill/Newlondon, agree with posts above, Susan retired from Silversea not the same Susan

mentioned who works on Seabourn...btw Bill we booked Bali to Auckland.

Hi Bill/Newlondon, agree with posts above, Susan retired from Silversea not the same Susan

mentioned who works on Seabourn...btw Bill we booked Bali to Auckland.

Wes, There is a thread in Seabourn by Seabourntraveller while on the Sojourn recently. He mentions Susan Wood and the "toodleloo." What are the chances you would have two different Susan W's using this unique word?

I'm not sure that it isn't "our" Susan Wood who has gone to Seabourn. Please see the following:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2012/05/22/seabourn-sojourn-cruise-ship-arrives-in-port-of-tyne-61634-31017923/

I believe that is the part of England where she lived.

Yes, she is from Northeast England. The plot thickens....

Sounds like we should post on the Seabourn site and ask them to post a photo!

Wes, There is a thread in Seabourn by Seabourntraveller while on the Sojourn recently. He mentions Susan Wood and the "toodleloo." What are the chances you would have two different Susan W's using this unique word?

I did post on the Seabourn board last night and it seems like it is indeed her. Seabourntraveller responded that she was with him on the Sojurn for 2 months.

I think she had told us this past December that she would be off for 3 months shortly and wasn't sure what ship she would be on after that. Hmmm....

Travelled with her on the Spirit earlier this year and thought she was delightful. Shame that she has gone, and a real loss to SS, but surprised that she has popped up on Seabourn. Thought she was heading back home to polish up her 'geordie roots'.

It seems to me that it would be unprofessional to say that one is 'jumping ship' to another line to one's current employer's customers. She sounds like a classy lady (I've never had the pleasure of having her as CD) so it doesn't surprise me that she wasn't completely forthcoming as to her future plans.

It seems to me that it would be unprofessional to say that one is 'jumping ship' to another line to one's current employer's customers. She sounds like a classy lady (I've never had the pleasure of having her as CD) so it doesn't surprise me that she wasn't completely forthcoming as to her future plans.

Agree with you Kate -- I've sailed with Susan several times and she is indeed a "classy lady" - and really -- it's nobody's business what her future plans are. Agree she will be missed.

Agree you don't signal future plan's to current cruisers; but, at the same time if you tell people this is your dream job, as she did during a hurricane in the Magellan passage, you don't jump ship to another line. I'm disappointed.

Well she may not walk on water, as evidenced by her taking the plunge with the polliwogs during our Valpo-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on the Whisper last year, but she was a good sport and will be missed.

DSC_0416.jpg.a9d4b8d65d58958b8df3f2a8e3bdd915.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg.9f50db98becca1574eb8cdab48fbc5d8.jpg

We sailed on Spirit with Susan at Christmas and we found her to be very personable and I agree with others, classy. It takes a lot to look as immaculate and elegant as she does on the dockside with no shade when its 90 degrees. She was an asset to SS. I shall miss her but our next cruise is with Seabourn so perhaps we'll see her there.

Archived