Flying Into FL...Cruising Out Of Miami...Need Advise...

gram2trips

First time flying to cruise....Usually drive....Is cheaper to fly into FL...Would it be better to book hotel in Miami or FL?? Cruising from POM & flying in 1 day prior. Would car service pick us up at airport & take us to Miami hotel?? I don't want to rent a car. Thanks for any help.....

This is exactly what we want to do. I think it will give us more time to relax. We just need hotel suggestions. I don't know where to search for a hotel. Miami beach? Miami? And what can I expect for a price? We r gong the first week of dec....is that a busy week?

I have been researching for the past month. WE are flying into FT Lauderdale. Cruising from Miami. We have checked all the sites. WE finally went ahead and booked Hampton Inn Suites Brickell Miami. WE are going in Feb so it is higher. We are near everything . We finally found a car that will pick us up in Ft Lauderdale and take us to the hotel in Miami without being a shared ride. I don't want to ride around for 2 hours like we did 1 time on the shared one. If you need the ride , I will post again He had good reviews.

Thanks for all the posts........been trying to read older ones.......so much info... I checked Quailty Limo & it will be $50 for 2 to take us from FLL airport to Miami hotel...Is this standard price.... but they will take us from POM to FLL airport for $15.....

We have QLS booked for next year. They are going to pick us up directly from the Sleep Inn in Dania at 10AM (we are flying in a day earlier) and take us to the POM for $20 PP the day of the cruise - there are only the 2 of us. They are also picking us up from POM and taking us back to FLL after the cruise for $15 pp.

jaddid..........where r u flying into?? where is this sleep in?? so much to think about!! is the $20 per person??

We are flying into FLL - staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania nearby. They have a free hotel shuttle that will pick us up from the airport. The QLS shuttle is $20 per person and they are picking us up at 10 AM for transport to POM the next day. SAS starts pickups at 11AM I believe - it was worth the extra $5 per person for the earlier time.

jaddld....thanks for reply.....r u flying home after the cruise?? if so is QLS picking u up at pier & taking u to airport in FLL?? what r they charging??

Yes, we are flying back home after the cruise. QLS is picking us up at the POM and taking us back to FLL airport. They are charging us $15 per person.

Thanks for all the replys but after much searching we have decided to fly into Miami.....We got a flight for $300....Figured til we paid the shuttle/car fees, etc will be just as well off with this flight......

This is exactly what we want to do. I think it will give us more time to relax. We just need hotel suggestions. I don't know where to search for a hotel. Miami beach? Miami? And what can I expect for a price? We r gong the first week of dec....is that a busy week?

September2010, I found 2 hotels downtown miami for 12/01/12 - 12/02/12 on lastminutetravel.

Hyatt Regency at Miami Convention Center

4.5Stars.gif

400 South East Second Avenue

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131-2197 USA

4.5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

4.5stars.gif

Rooms:1

Room Type:Standard

Adult(s)/Child/ren:2/0

Check In: Dec 01, 2012

Check Out: Dec 02, 2012

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:115.38 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:15.00 USDTotal130.38 USD

InterContinental Miami

5Stars.gif

100 Chopin Plaza

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131 USA

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

5stars.gif

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:141.03 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:18.33 USDTotal159.36 USD

these are both undercover hotels but learned how to reveal hotel before purchase on cc. Also you can call for a better rate: 888-273-4266. Good luck and hope this helped you. Happy cruising!!!!!!:D:D

September2010, I found 2 hotels downtown miami for 12/01/12 - 12/02/12 on lastminutetravel.

Hyatt Regency at Miami Convention Center

4.5Stars.gif

400 South East Second Avenue

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131-2197 USA

4.5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

4.5stars.gif

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:115.38 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:15.00 USDTotal130.38 USD

InterContinental Miami

5Stars.gif

100 Chopin Plaza

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131 USA

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

5stars.gif

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:141.03 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:18.33 USDTotal159.36 USD

these are both undercover hotels but learned how to reveal hotel before purchase on cc. Also you can call for a better rate: 888-273-4266. Good luck and hope this helped you. Happy cruising!!!!!!:D:D

I am going to look at the Last Minute Travel web site. Heard alot about it. I like the hotels you found! Thanks a bunch for the help.

Archived