dawn deck 12...can't get there from here?

searoses

is this true...read in a review that the aft cabins on deck 12 are not accesslble directly to the rest of the deck beyond the aft elevators ....you must go up or down to get there? confusing...i booked yesterday for 7/13 and picked this cabin to minimize walking.....thanks for any help

is this true...read in a review that the aft cabins on deck 12 are not accesslble directly to the rest of the deck beyond the aft elevators ....you must go up or down to get there? confusing...i booked yesterday for 7/13 and picked this cabin to minimize walking.....thanks for any help

I don't see any aft cabins on Deck 12? Just the kids pool area.:confused:

12041 is the cabin....so accustomed to aft i just didn't think that was forward! read a review where the person complained bitterly about not having direct access so want to be sure while i might have time to switch

If you look at the deck plan, you will see that the entrance to that cabin is in a central hallway that has its entrance forward. To get to your cabin, it appears that one would have to walk forward from the elevators in the main hallway to the forward suites and then walk aft to get to that cabin.

The entrance to the "sideways" cabins in almost always on the long wall.

That really isn't very far, but if walking is hard for you or your party, this would not be a good choice. A cabin like 12517 would be a better choice.

That really isn't very far, but if walking is hard for you or your party, this would not be a good choice. A cabin like 12517 would be a better choice.

Unless it's a glitch on the map, it does look like the central hallway forms an L with a corridor heading to the starboard side of the ship. Wouldn't make the OPs cabin too much further of a walk than 12517.

Stay with 12041!

We were in 12016 and on the last day I had a peek in that cabin 12041 - it's a sideway inside and I thought it looked so spacious!

When you enter, the beds are to your left and the bathroom, closets, are to your right.

If our son brings friends on our cruise we'd book one SJ and one inside - this cabin would be our choice!

It's not far to walk - Star is not Epic.

thanks bluesea...i take it you just popped across the hall to see that cabin? this is out first inside after an aft hc suite last year.....an impulse trip so i am just trying to go with the flow once i figure out what that is!

Just wanted to say welcome. We are booking our cabin tomorrow for the same sailing. Did you do an inside guarantee?

i did not.....wanted something close to the pool as i go there at least once a day.....on the plan i used those cabins also looked a little larger and were well reviewed. have never done an inside but after going to stj last week with my family it's the only way this impulse trip will happen! we did the same cruise from nyc last year and really liked bermuda....

I was just on the Dawn. We had a forward cabin on deck 11. A few times we used the forward stairs to get to deck 12. We walked past the cabins and library and walked straight out to the pool. We didn't encounter anything closed off. What review were you looking at? I'm curious. Would you mind posting a link?

thanks to both of you....just what i wanted to hear about getting to the pool and glad the cabin is new. i have no idea where i read that review as it was a poor site and disappeared as things often do when you have the limited skills i do! lol it was not cc....these people said they had to go outside and use the stairs on 13...i am trying to avoid stairs and long distances!

thanks to both of you....just what i wanted to hear about getting to the pool and glad the cabin is new. i have no idea where i read that review as it was a poor site and disappeared as things often do when you have the limited skills i do! lol it was not cc....these people said they had to go outside and use the stairs on 13...i am trying to avoid stairs and long distances!

That's so weird. Maybe those people looked down the hall, saw the wall, and thought it was a dead end? If you continue walking to the left/right depending on what side you're on the hallway continues out to the pool.

We were on deck 10 forward in January and I would go forward and up the stairs to 12 to go to the library. It is a beautiful cabin area. It looks like everything has been renovated. You should like the space.

We were on deck 10 forward in January and I would go forward and up the stairs to 12 to go to the library. It is a beautiful cabin area. It looks like everything has been renovated. You should like the space.

GROO , so sorry about hijacking this thread, but, I like your signature notice;

"Towels Do Not reserve chairs"

Do you know of the Blue Dot fan club (link below)?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1662273

GROO , so sorry about hijacking this thread, but, I like your signature notice;

"Towels Do Not reserve chairs"

Do you know of the Blue Dot fan club (link below)?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1662273

Lol I was just about to say the same thing about that signature!!:)

And I'm glad to be part of The Blue Dot Fan Club!!;)

We were in cabin 12015.............it is a very convenient and surprisingly quiet location! The walk to the pool and Garden Cafe is easy and not as long as it appears on the map.

If you get the chance....on the last day as the rooms are being cleaned, they will let you have a peak inside the suites at the end of the hall! It's worth a look! :)

was in a ph aft hc suite last june....it was very nice. this trip is spontaneous and the inside fit the budget. my first inside....we shall see....can you go back after a balcony......much less a suite?? some say no...lol.....i'm not worried about it.:)

was in a ph aft hc suite last june....it was very nice. this trip is spontaneous and the inside fit the budget. my first inside....we shall see....can you go back after a balcony......much less a suite?? some say no...lol.....i'm not worried about it.:)

well, 12041 is brand new and nicely decorated - give it a try and report back!

ENJOY!!

• 1 month later...

I was researching this exact cabin as I booked it-12041 on the star-same exact floorplan and came across this board Id love some feedback as we will be 4(2 kids) and I read somewhere that these were a tad bigger then the other inside cabins. Also, did you feel much motion we've never stayed that high up in the ship before!

Archived