dawn deck 12...can't get there from here?

searoses

12041 is the cabin....so accustomed to aft i just didn't think that was forward! read a review where the person complained bitterly about not having direct access so want to be sure while i might have time to switch

For an inside cabin, this location is perfect. It's a very quiet area of the ship.

I was researching this exact cabin as I booked it-12041 on the star-same exact floorplan and came across this board Id love some feedback as we will be 4(2 kids) and I read somewhere that these were a tad bigger then the other inside cabins. Also, did you feel much motion we've never stayed that high up in the ship before!

Our friend just had this cabin. We got off the ship today. You have 2 lower beds and 2 upper berths.

We were in 12016. Loved the location, close to everything. We had incredibly smooth seas. I did not feel like we were moving at all. It was the smoothest sailing in 17 cruises for us.

Stay with 12041!

We were in 12016 and on the last day I had a peek in that cabin 12041 - it's a sideway inside and I thought it looked so spacious!

When you enter, the beds are to your left and the bathroom, closets, are to your right.

If our son brings friends on our cruise we'd book one SJ and one inside - this cabin would be our choice!

It's not far to walk - Star is not Epic.

Bluesea,

Wondering if you have any pictures of cabin 12016 that you could share? plus any info on size etc. There will be 5 girls staying in this cabin next May and we are wondering about the couch and the pull down bed, did you use those as beds? Any info you can give on this cabin would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bluesea,

Wondering if you have any pictures of cabin 12016 that you could share? plus any info on size etc. There will be 5 girls staying in this cabin next May and we are wondering about the couch and the pull down bed, did you use those as beds? Any info you can give on this cabin would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am not Bluesea but I did just get off the Dawn today and stayed in 12016. There were 4 of us. I am not sure if you are looking for 12016 on the Star or Dawn. For the Dawn, my daughter slept on the Murphy that came down from the wall. My son slept on the pull out couch. You could probably fit 2 on the couch.

There are 4 closets and some drawer space (small). We fit everything and the space worked pretty well for us. I do not have any pictures but I will check to see if my son does.

I am not Bluesea but I did just get off the Dawn today and stayed in 12016. There were 4 of us. I am not sure if you are looking for 12016 on the Star or Dawn. For the Dawn, my daughter slept on the Murphy that came down from the wall. My son slept on the pull out couch. You could probably fit 2 on the couch.

There are 4 closets and some drawer space (small). We fit everything and the space worked pretty well for us. I do not have any pictures but I will check to see if my son does.

Hi Jimswims - What are your thoughts on the suite you just stayed in? Would you book it again for all 4 of you? I know you've stayed in the SC suite in the past, how did this one compare?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

Hi Jimswims - What are your thoughts on the suite you just stayed in? Would you book it again for all 4 of you? I know you've stayed in the SC suite in the past, how did this one compare?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

We really liked the suite. It worked for the 4 of us just fine. We had an amazing Butler, Mark. He was our favorite so far in all of our cruises.

My kids prefer the SC over the Family suite. I do as well actually. However, it is a very nice suite with plenty of space. The bathroom is huge and there is good closet and drawer space. There was a pretty big price difference with the SC being significantly higher when we booked.

I did get to tour the 2 bedroom Deluxe Owners Suite, Forward suites on Deck 9 and 10, "our" SC 11030, and the Owner's Suites on deck 9 and 10 before we left.

I would really like to try the 2 bedroom DOS someday. This looks like it would be a nice option for our family as well.

I think that the bottom line was that we had incredible weather. This was my 7th cruise to Bermuda and I have never expereinced such calmness in the sea. I never felt like I was on a ship. We have almost always been lucky to have smooth sailing but this was unbelievable! The mid 80's with relatively low humidity in Bermuda was pretty specatcular too. This certainly played a role in how great the cabin was as we just walked down the hall to the pool most of the week.

We really liked the suite. It worked for the 4 of us just fine. We had an amazing Butler, Mark. He was our favorite so far in all of our cruises.

My kids prefer the SC over the Family suite. I do as well actually. However, it is a very nice suite with plenty of space. The bathroom is huge and there is good closet and drawer space. There was a pretty big price difference with the SC being significantly higher when we booked.

I did get to tour the 2 bedroom Deluxe Owners Suite, Forward suites on Deck 9 and 10, "our" SC 11030, and the Owner's Suites on deck 9 and 10 before we left.

I would really like to try the 2 bedroom DOS someday. This looks like it would be a nice option for our family as well.

I think that the bottom line was that we had incredible weather. This was my 7th cruise to Bermuda and I have never expereinced such calmness in the sea. I never felt like I was on a ship. We have almost always been lucky to have smooth sailing but this was unbelievable! The mid 80's with relatively low humidity in Bermuda was pretty specatcular too. This certainly played a role in how great the cabin was as we just walked down the hall to the pool most of the week.

Thanks for your quick reply!

We are keeping our options open for a return cruise to Bermuda next summer and this particular suite is one of interest to us.

I am really happy and (somewhat jealous) that you got to experience such great weather and smooth seas :) - We were suppose to be on the same sailing as you but some conflicts got in the way. Our July sailing was great but the seas and weather not so much.

Thanks for your quick reply!

We are keeping our options open for a return cruise to Bermuda next summer and this particular suite is one of interest to us.

I am really happy and (somewhat jealous) that you got to experience such great weather and smooth seas :) - We were suppose to be on the same sailing as you but some conflicts got in the way. Our July sailing was great but the seas and weather not so much.

We were very lucky. There were some crew members out on deck Wed. or Thursday looking out to the sea and commenting that they had never seen it like this and some had been on the ship for 3 months. I am sorry about the weather on your week. I know you had some challenging weather. We had friends on your sailing and heard about it. They, like you, had a great time and enjoyed their cruise in spite of the weather.

12041 is the cabin....so accustomed to aft i just didn't think that was forward! read a review where the person complained bitterly about not having direct access so want to be sure while i might have time to switch

I just stayed in this cabin during the 8/3/12 sailing. The location was great! Very quiet as not too many passengers in the hallways. Easy walk to the elevator. The best part was the very close proximity to the pool. We were very fortunate to have the calmest seas ever...seriously...the ocean was like glass all the way down and all the way back. I took six pictures the entire trip and lucky for you they are of the cabin! Here are five of them in the attachments below.

Picture 1 is what you see when you open the door. The beds are to the left. Two on the floor and one on each side wall.

Picture 2 is the two lower beds placed together. I needed to ask for a mattress topper or I would have been sleeping on a giant crease. I thought about having the beds separated for even more room as the cabin is long. Having them separated would give more walkabout room. I kept them together.

Picture 3 is the view from the bed area. You can see the storage and shelving on the left and the bathroom door is across from the closet. There are four hooks inside the bathroom door to hang things but I thought some hooks could be useful additions on the walls.

Picture 4 is the sink and toilet. Picture 5 is the shower. This inside does not separate the toilet as the the higher category cabins do.

There were two ladders inside the closet which get attached once the beds get pulled from the walls.

The water pressure in the shower and sink was great!

Enjoy your cruise!

coka :D

12041Entrance.jpg.995252118ce20186ce095e9b40b34be3.jpg

759938585_12041Bedstogether.jpg.3f453bb924a5567654d77bdd5651f1d1.jpg

1046770555_12041ShelvingandCloset.jpg.0dfbbf09b214b2edb192a96fd278f671.jpg

130710777_12041bathroomsinkandshelves.jpg.b7db94607c37fdacff88d9341a0e632f.jpg

2002958983_12041BathroomShower.jpg.2ce367bdb0f874ab3bd5d6cbe36cff9a.jpg

I just stayed in this cabin during the 8/3/12 sailing. The location was great! Very quiet as not too many passengers in the hallways. Easy walk to the elevator. The best part was the very close proximity to the pool. We were very fortunate to have the calmest seas ever...seriously...the ocean was like glass all the way down and all the way back. I took six pictures the entire trip and lucky for you they are of the cabin! Here are five of them in the attachments below.

Picture 1 is what you see when you open the door. The beds are to the left. Two on the floor and one on each side wall.

Picture 2 is the two lower beds placed together. I needed to ask for a mattress topper or I would have been sleeping on a giant crease. I thought about having the beds separated for even more room as the cabin is long. Having them separated would give more walkabout room. I kept them together.

Picture 3 is the view from the bed area. You can see the storage and shelving on the left and the bathroom door is across from the closet. There are four hooks inside the bathroom door to hang things but I thought some hooks could be useful additions on the walls.

Picture 4 is the sink and toilet. Picture 5 is the shower. This inside does not separate the toilet as the the higher category cabins do.

There were two ladders inside the closet which get attached once the beds get pulled from the walls.

The water pressure in the shower and sink was great!

Enjoy your cruise!

coka :D

Wow! You even took pictures on this sailing :D! I did not even know that you brought a camera. I am glad you found this thread. I was going to ask you to comment on this cabin since it was your home last week.

• 7 months later...
does anyone know if the sideways inside cabins on Deck 12- Dawn have a sofa?

There have been few pictures of the Dawn or Star inside rooms on 12. One poster put some on a thread about a year ago and that might have been the Star. In that particular room, there was no sofa but interestingly, it had two pull down beds and two of the beds on the floor combo which seems to be pretty rare - normally it is the two on floor, one pulldown, and one pop-up between the two on the floor.

Archived