Just a few questions :)

Hey! Like everyone else I am addicted to reading these forums but I just have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer for!

1) How can I remove all the tips for our group so we can pay to smuggle more booze on board? :D

Just joking! now for the proper questions.

1) We are staying in a Sky Loft Suite that is directly above the Windjammer buffet. Are you allowed to go down and get plates of food and then take it back to your room?

2) Are you allowed to sleep on the balcony (it has those lounger things)?

3) Is it safe to leave a camera out on the balcony for hours if I am not in the room? (i want to do some time lapse stuff)

4) Are there rollaway beds on the Allure?

5) We aren't sailing til next April, but someone in our group has diabetes. Do we need to ring up and let them know? Or is an email okay.

These are just a few of the many questions i have and any answers would be great!

To pay you guys back I will be doing the best picture and video review EVER! once I get off the ship! ;)

Hey! Like everyone else I am addicted to reading these forums but I just have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer for!

1) How can I remove all the tips for our group so we can pay to smuggle more booze on board? :D Why remove the tips to smuggle booze???;)

Just joking! now for the proper questions.

1) We are staying in a Sky Loft Suite that is directly above the Windjammer buffet. Are you allowed to go down and get plates of food and then take it back to your room? You can take food back to your room. They will deliver it to your room via room service. There is a small charge (around $3) between 12a and 5a, the service fee does include the tip, otherwise tip as you see fit.

2) Are you allowed to sleep on the balcony (it has those lounger things)? As long as you don't fall asleep in a public area, they don't care where you sleep.

3) Is it safe to leave a camera out on the balcony for hours if I am not in the room? (i want to do some time lapse stuff)

I don't see why not. I've never had a problem with it. The may clean the balconies with a power hose from time to time. That would be your only issue.

4) Are there rollaway beds on the Allure?

5) We aren't sailing til next April, but someone in our group has diabetes. Do we need to ring up and let them know? Or is an email okay.

I would email special needs to let them know (special_needs@rccl.com) underscore between special and needs. Also let your server know on the first night.

These are just a few of the many questions i have and any answers would be great!

To pay you guys back I will be doing the best picture and video review EVER! once I get off the ship! ;)

Can't wait to see the review....enjoy your cruise!

I would be very careful with this, as above poster already mentioned they do clean the balcony’s from the outside from time to time AND by sundown they start to clean the upper open decks with water, it drizzles from the upper decks down to the balcony’s…Even putting your camera more near the window would still be a risk as the wind can blow the water very close to the window (we found our towels we let out to dry on the balcony to be wet every time we came back to our room, took me a while to determine that it came from above when they cleaned the open decks on LOS)…Okay, all this of course depends on the location of your room.

I would place your camera behind the window, with a clean window and the correct camera settings with a stable tripod it should not be a problem...

We'll see about that! I'll be writing mine in October... I'll make you a deal. I'll hold the "Best review" position until you (try to) claim it in April :cool:

Can't wait to see the review....enjoy your cruise!

Thanks. Thats great advice. I think room service will be the best to avoid the crowds. i might keep the tray and use it for the buffet runs :). I will email the special needs people tomorrow, but we have MTD and will only eat in the MDR on formal night. The menu just isn't to our liking so we will just do the specialties and buffet.

I would be very careful with this, as above poster already mentioned they do clean the balcony’s from the outside from time to time AND by sundown they start to clean the upper open decks with water, it drizzles from the upper decks down to the balcony’s…Even putting your camera more near the window would still be a risk as the wind can blow the water very close to the window (we found our towels we let out to dry on the balcony to be wet every time we came back to our room, took me a while to determine that it came from above when they cleaned the open decks on LOS)…Okay, all this of course depends on the location of your room.

I would place your camera behind the window, with a clean window and the correct camera settings with a stable tripod it should not be a problem...

I forgot about the cleaning. Our suite has massive floor to ceiling windows so ill give them a clean and set the tripod up there. We are on the highest deck so unless it rains it should be ok. Thanks!

We'll see about that! I'll be writing mine in October... I'll make you a deal. I'll hold the "Best review" position until you (try to) claim it in April :cool:

BRING IT ON!!!!! i hope yours is picture intensive, they are the best reviews. there are some great reviews on this forum! So im looking forward to the challenge. Have a great cruise!

Another consideration with the camera is salt. Even on the higher decks after an extended period of time there can be salt mist, particularly on the lee side of the ship. You really don't see it until after it drys and leaves the salt behind. Don't have any idea on how long you plan on leaving it out there, a few hours no problem....days might be too much... something to consider.

What do you guys reckon is the best way to let the camera get to temperature? I do not want it to stuff up! and i never thought about the salt, that would ruin the camera fairly quick!

We had a roll away bed on the Oasis so I would think they have them on the Allure too. I think they are only for suites were there is enough room for them so you should be okay. Just ask your stateroom attendant for one.

1) Yes, you can bring Windjammer food to your room. Your room attendant will remove the dirty dishes when they make up/turn down your room. Also, as a suite guest, you will be able to order from the dining room menu during meal times (allow about 30 min for delivery). The menus for the week can be found in a "suite services" folder in your room.

2) I don't see why not. Might get a little chilly, though! Be sure to bring a sweatshirt.

3) If you've got the appropriate equipment and can attach it securely, you should be fine.

4) I would think so, but not positive.

5) I think either email or phone would be fine - be sure to tell your waitor at dinner, and you may want to ask in the Windjammer. But, they do have all of the foods labeled in the buffet and a variety of "No Sugar" desserts to choose from (desserts in the dining room are available without sugar, as well).

What do you guys reckon is the best way to let the camera get to temperature? I do not want it to stuff up! and i never thought about the salt, that would ruin the camera fairly quick!

I am sure there are many ways, but since we use our cameras everyday on cruises, I set them out on the balcony on the table with a towel over them first thing when I get up. In the room I also wrap the camera with the same towel, it seems to insulate and keep the lens from fogging most of the time

FYI, MTD is in the main dining room. It is just a designated area. So if you utilize MTD, you will be eating in the main dining room every night. Anyone in any cabin can take food away from the WJ to their cabin or to the pool area or pretty much anywhere on the ship.

Archived