Review of MDR on the Millenium

poolwife

Don't miss trying Bistro on 5 and get the "Italian" crepe and have them add strawberries to it. Super yummy! It is all you can eat for a $5.00 cover charge. One time we went in there and all of us only got the Italian crepe each and she only charged us one cover charge per couple cause we didn't eat much. That was very nice of them.

Is this a dinner restaurant or is this a lunch restaurant? H

I really enjoyed your review, Poolwife! We loved the MDR on Millie. Was Sasha the Maitre d'? He is a delightful man, just the nicest person I have come across on a cruise. We are looking forward to comparing Millie's MDR to Reflection in April!

It is a dinner restaurant. It doesn't open until 5:00 pm

We were on Millie pre-solsticization, so there wasn't a Bistro on 5, but I thought I saw it open for lunch on Solstice 2 years ago, and I have heard people recommend lunch in Bistro on boarding day, instead of the buffet. Is it dinner only on Millie? We are planning to lunch at Bistro on 5 on Reflection on boarding day, so I will be disappointed if it is dinner only!

You will get more food in Qsine than any other place on the ship.

Indeed. Many people have actually criticized Qsine for giving diners too much food! We loved it on Eclipse. I think it's a great dining adventure for any size party (we were 2). We had 9 courses and were there for 3 hours and left very full. Its definitely a good idea to get an early reservation.

The number of courses and amount of food you consume is entirely at your discretion. Do t know where else you would enjoy such a fun experience for $40 pp, certainly not in

Any large city!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Many people have actually criticized Qsine for giving diners too much food! We loved it on Eclipse. I think it's a great dining adventure for any size party (we were 2). We had 9 courses and were there for 3 hours and left very full. Its definitely a good idea to get an early reservation.

The number of courses and amount of food you consume is entirely at your discretion. Do t know where else you would enjoy such a fun experience for $40 pp, certainly not in

Any large city!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sandi:) you know how these things go....there are many, many

folks who think it is too gimicky and don't think it is any good...

That is their opinion and good for them.

Then there are those of us who love it:D and enjoy a fun evening

and would eat there more than once;) and that is our opinion and

so there too:p

Don't miss trying Bistro on 5 and get the "Italian" crepe and have them add strawberries to it. Super yummy! It is all you can eat for a $5.00 cover charge. One time we went in there and all of us only got the Italian crepe each and she only charged us one cover charge per couple cause we didn't eat much. That was very nice of them.

Thank you for clarifying that Bistro on 5 is all you can eat for their $5.00 cover charge. I thought perhaps that you had to limit yourself to a single menu item for that fee. I was hoping that I could have both an entree-type crepe as well as a dessert-type one.

Thank you for clarifying that Bistro on 5 is all you can eat for their $5.00 cover charge. I thought perhaps that you had to limit yourself to a single menu item for that fee. I was hoping that I could have both an entree-type crepe as well as a dessert-type one.

They have salads as well so it is easy to put together a very nice meal. We enjoyed a quiet lunch with a glass of wine on embarkation. Later in the week we had dinner...almost a specialty restaurant experience for just $5!

We are in the camp that just loves Qsine as well. A bigger party may be the best option, but just the two of would make it work just fine.

This is our first time aboard a Celebrity ship and I am unsure of the dress code for the MDR. It says a suit every night and a tux on formal night. Hubby is not too excited about that. He will take a black sport coat but he is unwilling to wear a suit every night.

Have any of you noticed if this really is the dress code? I know Princess won't allow you in if you are wearing a t-shirt at dinner time. We found that out the hard way. But a suit? Really?

This is our first time aboard a Celebrity ship and I am unsure of the dress code for the MDR. It says a suit every night and a tux on formal night. Hubby is not too excited about that. He will take a black sport coat but he is unwilling to wear a suit every night.

Have any of you noticed if this really is the dress code? I know Princess won't allow you in if you are wearing a t-shirt at dinner time. We found that out the hard way. But a suit? Really?

Hi:) not sure where you read that?:confused:....Celebrity has formal night

and "Smart Casual Night"....the suit would be on formal nights

only. I don't usually get involved in dress code threads anymore

but you had a specific question so figured I would answer you.

No suit needed on the Smart Casual nights.

Hi:) not sure where you read that?:confused:....Celebrity has formal night

and "Smart Casual Night"....the suit would be on formal nights

only. I don't usually get involved in dress code threads anymore

but you had a specific question so figured I would answer you.

No suit needed on the Smart Casual nights.

Thank you. Something I read on their website said suits for every night but formal night and tuxedos for formal night. While we have gone that route in the past, we really didn't think Alaska was that kind of itinerary.

Thank you. Something I read on their website said suits for every night but formal night and tuxedos for formal night. While we have gone that route in the past, we really didn't think Alaska was that kind of itinerary.

Not sure what you read but as for Alaska? I dress for it as I do

any other cruise;).....formal on formal nights and smart casual

on the other nights:)

Now you have me curious about where you read it.....it is

very outdated, I can say that for sure.

Just for your information...this is from the website;)

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code is Celebrity's Specialty Restaurant is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.

Now I will take leave and hope I don't get flamed for posting it..........

Just for your information...this is from the website;)

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pant/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the 'Smart Casual and Above: dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Formal

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown or dressy pantsuit

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks.

Specialty Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code is Celebrity's Specialty Restaurant is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Formal attire is only required in the main dining room on your formal evenings.

Now I will take leave and hope I don't get flamed for posting it..........

Not sure why you would get "flamed" but I appreciate any help offered.

Not sure what you read but as for Alaska? I dress for it as I do

any other cruise;).....formal on formal nights and smart casual

on the other nights:)

Now you have me curious about where you read it.....it is

very outdated, I can say that for sure.

Actually found it on the Expedia website.

"Formal nights find most of the ladies in beaded or flowing gowns and men in tuxes; on informal evenings, women wear cocktail attire, and men wear suits with ties. "

Actually found it on the Expedia website.

"Formal nights find most of the ladies in beaded or flowing gowns and men in tuxes; on informal evenings, women wear cocktail attire, and men wear suits with ties. "

Ohhhh....wow..that is old:eek:...Celebrity has not had informal night in

years............I am guessing it is at least 3 or 4 years now.

Expedia has never updated their website.

Ohhhh....wow..that is old:eek:...Celebrity has not had informal night in

years............I am guessing it is at least 3 or 4 years now.

Expedia has never updated their website.

Color me surprised ;-) But thanks to everyone for the advice. I will now commence packing. It's been awhile since we cruised and I just couldn't believe it would still be that way.

In Bistro on 5, it is a $5.00 cover charge per person for as much as you want to eat. We only got charged $5.00 for both of us on one visit there because we didn't eat but one crepe each. They said we didn't eat very much so the server was kind and did that for us. We had them add strawberries to the "Italian" crepe and it was super yummy! They said we started a new way of making the Italian crepe for them. We have had them at the famous "Farmer's Market" in Los Angeles like that and so we knew they had to have strawberries put in them. If they have their butternut squash soup available, try it. It was also really good. We just got off the ship on June 29.

And regarding dress - you do not have to wear a suit every night in the main dining room. One lady was concerned because her husband forgot his tie for formal night and the maitre'd said "no problem". Other nights are "smart casual". A nice shirt and slacks or khakis are fine for the man. The women were mixed with whatever; some wore casual dresses; some wore slacks and a nice shirt.

Archived