Taking Princess Transfer MIA-Port Everglades

septrack

Has anyone taken this transfer MIA to Port Everglades, who flew in the previous day. I'm guessing a cab would run more than the $48 Princess charges for 2.

The only time I took it before was when I flew in the same day years ago. We will be staying at a MIA airport hotel so getting back to the airport is just a free shuttle away. I know they used to have greeters with signs as your plane deboards. I'm guessing they have Coaches several times/day on sailaway day. Lots of questions...Any answers?

TIA

Have your Travel Agent (or Princess if you booked directly) add the xfer to your booking.

They will ask what flight you are arriving on. Just go on the internet and find a flight that arrives at the time you would like the transfer.

Then go to the luggage pickup area of the terminal that has that airline's flight at the appropriate time and look for the Princess rep that will be there.

Their system cannot handle the fact you really arrived a day earlier. That is why you have to make up flight information.

Or just get Supershuttle, it sounds like it'd be a loss less hassle.

I prefer to stay at a Fort Lauderdale hotel so I get Supershuttle from MIA to my hotel - very easy and costs about $30 per head, it'd be the same to Port Everglades. You can find them outside the baggage halls. A taxi costs about $90 for the taxi, not per head, so do the maths - depends on the size of your party which way suits you best.

To clarify what initially caused me confusion:

Hotel courtesy buses run on the departures level.

Supershuttle, taxis etc run on the arrivals level, one level down.

Has anyone taken this transfer MIA to Port Everglades, who flew in the previous day. I'm guessing a cab would run more than the $48 Princess charges for 2.

The only time I took it before was when I flew in the same day years ago. We will be staying at a MIA airport hotel so getting back to the airport is just a free shuttle away. I know they used to have greeters with signs as your plane deboards. I'm guessing they have Coaches several times/day on sailaway day. Lots of questions...Any answers?

TIA

Are you sure thats for 2 and not PP?

Caribill, Good info, thanks, We have 2 pax and are in no hurry to get to the ship, so we will probably do that. Highheel girl, yes it's 24pp for a total of $48.

Thanks all for your info.

Mark

We always fly in to Miami and take a taxi to Ft Lauderdale. Cost about $80-90 including tip. We feel it is worth it, don't like crowds and easier to deal with luggage and carryons in a taxi then bus.

Caribill, Good info, thanks, We have 2 pax and are in no hurry to get to the ship, so we will probably do that. Highheel girl, yes it's 24pp for a total of $48.

Thanks all for your info.

Mark

Thanks, thats a great deal. ;)

The last time I flew into MIA (April), we rented a car upon arrival, slept overnight in an MIA hotel, and then drove to FLL the next morning. There is a free shuttle from there to the port. Total cost was about $48. But the biggest advantage was that with our own wheels, we could stop off at Publix and Total wine to load up on provisions. When taking the Princess Shuttle or a Super Shuttle, you can't do that.

Miami Airport Transfers for Guests Arriving Prior to Embarkation Day,

or if you do not find your Princess representative, a pick up will be

available at the following location:

Meeting Place Information: 12:00 noon

First floor, outside of Concourse E by the glass building Metro Station

Archived