Beer from ports

Yep...they won't allow you to take ANY alcohol back to the cabin...they will hold it for you until the cruise is over.

Now, I'm not sure why (on some cruiselines) wine is considered differently from any other alcoholic beverage....all give you a buzz! It's discriminatory!!!

I'm not sure about RCCL, but on Princess in March we had 5 ports in a row on a 10 day and I brought about 3-4 local beers on each time with no problem. Just put them in the towel bag and they went through the scanner, and if they didn't see them they sure heard them when I sat the bag down to go through they made a nice clink noise. It was nice because I ended up bringing a few home for some friends to sample a bit out of each. Was nice for them to try the locals beer that I had my fair share of.

I'm not sure about RCCL, but on Princess in March we had 5 ports in a row on a 10 day and I brought about 3-4 local beers on each time with no problem. Just put them in the towel bag and they went through the scanner, and if they didn't see them they sure heard them when I sat the bag down to go through they made a nice clink noise. It was nice because I ended up bringing a few home for some friends to sample a bit out of each. Was nice for them to try the locals beer that I had my fair share of.

Thats exactly what I was hoping to do...guess all I can do is try and sneek them by!

Thats exactly what I was hoping to do...guess all I can do is try and sneek them by!

Just don't be upset when they confiscate the bottles or cans and hold them until you disembark. RCI is especially sensitive to the possible problems that can arise when passengers "sneak" alcohol onboard and are serious about enforcint the prohibition. Just watch some of the TV magazine exposés that have shown such problems that occurred on past RCI cruises and you may understand their position.

Just don't be upset when they confiscate the bottles or cans and hold them until you disembark. RCI is especially sensitive to the possible problems that can arise when passengers "sneak" alcohol onboard and are serious about enforcint the prohibition. Just watch some of the TV magazine exposés that have shown such problems that occurred on past RCI cruises and you may understand their position.

Chill....I understand all that..I was talking about a few beers..don't plan on rolling on a keg!!

RCI will probably not stop you with 1 or 2 local beers. Just try to keep them seperate when reboarding the ship. RCI stopped me once and when I went to turn the 1 beer in, the guy just waved me to move on.

Chill....I understand all that..I was talking about a few beers..don't plan on rolling on a keg!!

And I understand that, but when it comes to bringing alcohol onboard, they frequently don't differentiate between a few and a keg. RCI isn't known for its consistency but in the matter of their alcohol ban they seem to apply the rules equally regardless of the amounts.:)

I think a lot depends on the port. Some will even make you dump your water bottle and others will look past an item or two. We picked up a bottle of some strange wine that DH had had before. It was in Canada. We fully expected to hand it over on boarding and made no attempt to hide it but we were waived right through. As with many things on RCI, YMMV.

At one of the stops on our last cruise I bought some small bottles of liquor for souvenirs for all of our friends back home, didn't even think about the fact that I went right through security with it. It was stuffed in my bag and I guess it didn't set off their alarms.

• 1 month later...
i guess negs stands for negative cruiser. if you don't have anything good to say then no one wants to hear from you

That was totally uncalled for.

The poster asked a question; negc answered it.

YOUR post had nothing relevant to add.

Archived