Can I see OBC and Pre-Paid Grats from "My Cruises" on RCL Site?

Without commenting on how bad my TA is....

Is there a way to see if OBC or Pre-Pad Grats were added to my reservations? I chatted with RCL and they would not give me the information. I am going to try to call them also when I get time.

They said that they would not release any information about my reservation. My TA is almost unresponsive...

I was hoping that there is a spot on "My Cruises" that I missed..

Thanks for the help.

Nothing that is provided by the TA will show on RCI's invoice. You have to get verfication of OBC and pre-paid gratuities from your TA. There should be a card in your cabin showing the TA OBC. Don't know how gratuities show up. The OBC may not show on your account for a day or two at most.

The TA will have to send you a copy of the RC confirmation/invoice.. RC will not discuss or provide info to you as the TA owns the booking, not you. You should request a copy of the TA's invoice also because that should show the perks they are providing. The RC invoice will have their logo on it.

Good luck.

The TA will have to send you a copy of the RC confirmation/invoice.. RC will not discuss or provide info to you as the TA owns the booking, not you. You should request a copy of the TA's invoice also because that should show the perks they are providing. The RC invoice will have their logo on it.

Good luck.

Thank you I will do that!

Sounds like you need to fire your TA;)

sounds

That is a VERY TRUE statement.

When I get home from the cruise, she will be getting an ear full. At this point just need to get on the cruise and have a good time.

TA's who don't answer the phone or respond to emails in 2 days. Ridiculous. I am not saying that they need to answer back immediately.

When I send an email and ask them to call me back, or leave a msg and request a return phone call, and I get an email back.

That is just wrong.

Be aware that if you book a future cruise on board, the booking will AUTOMATICALLY be sent to your current TA. You have to ask at the time of booking for it to stay with RCI and NOT sent to your current TA.

Be aware that if you book a future cruise on board, the booking will AUTOMATICALLY be sent to your current TA. You have to ask at the time of booking for it to stay with RCI and NOT sent to your current TA.

Thanks for that information, I was not aware of that. I used a TA for the first time this cruise because of the added perks, but I am much more comfortable dealing with bookings myself.

Thanks for that information, I was not aware of that. I used a TA for the first time this cruise because of the added perks, but I am much more comfortable dealing with bookings myself.

Obviously you have to do what makes you comfortable but please don't let this bad experience keep you from using a travel agent in the future (and for the record I am not one). There are some trips where a travel agent adds a lot of value and I would hate for this bad experience rule out their assistance in the future. And the added perks on a cruise are hard to pass up.

Good luck.

Maybe the TA is cruising. Have heard of that happening, TA was on vacation and price drop came in, and no one was home to do the changes. Guess thats a problem with the smaller TA people.

then this person has been crusing for a full year. Always took days to get back to me. In this day and age there I no reason that an email cannot be returned in a timely fashion. Especially whe you are dealing with a husband and wife company.

Obviously you have to do what makes you comfortable but please don't let this bad experience keep you from using a travel agent in the future (and for the record I am not one). There are some trips where a travel agent adds a lot of value and I would hate for this bad experience rule out their assistance in the future. And the added perks on a cruise are hard to pass up.

Good luck.

This will not put a bad taste for TA's in general. Just for this one. I will try to find one that is referred. That is one thing that I dislike bout CC. That we cannot recommend. I think that recommendations will make the TA's give better service.

The Perks are a def plus. I guess it wil depend on what type of trip I will take and if there is a perk from a TA then I will use them. But I have no issues at all planning my own trip.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a way to see if OBC or Pre-Pad Grats were added to my reservations? I chatted with RCL and they would not give me the information. I am going to try to call them also when I get time.

They said that they would not release any information about my reservation. My TA is almost unresponsive...

Thanks for the help.

OBC does not show on booking if it was made through a TA. It will show up on your onboard expense account the day after sailing. As long as it's on the reservation your TA gave you you should be fine. Same with pre-paid grats.

As for other special requests, they should show up on the RC reservation, although I have yet to see mine. I booked my cruise through a reknown TA and although they are very on top of things there seems to be a miscommunication between TAs and cruise lines. My TA put in several requests for a sharps container and refrigerator (DH is a diabetic) but for some strange reason that request never shows up in my RCI reservation. Every time I call RCI they tell me there has been no request from the TA. This after my TA was on the phone with them while I was on hold. :( My TA says it happens all the time.

Thanks for the help.

Call your TA and in a polite, quiet voice tell him/her that if they can't give you the information you are asking for that the next time you are ready to book a cruise you might need to rethink who you book it with.

Remember that it is the tone in your voice that will get you what you the information you need.

Call your TA and in a polite, quiet voice tell him/her that if they can't give you the information you are asking for that the next time you are ready to book a cruise you might need to rethink who you book it with.

Remember that it is the tone in your voice that will get you what you the information you need.

LOL that would be fine if they would actually answer the phone. I always have to leave a message and then never a call back. They always respond with email. I guess I can't tell them what I want in the message and just say to call me back.

Well I finally heard from the TA 2 days after contacting her.

But she was able to provide me with all the RC documentation showing both the pre-paid grats, and also the OBC for each cabin.

It makes me feel much better knowing that it is all done.

So it is possible to see the OBC before I even get on the ship!!

I am ready to go! few more days!

Archived