Gem Review with pictures 6/23-6/30/12

I take it Cagney's is only open for breakfast and lunch for suite dwellers, right?

That is correct, Cagney's breakfast and lunch are only open for suite pax and VIP's possibly staying in lower cat cabins.

Thank you, thank you Michele for the terrific review and fabulous pictures! We go on our Gem cruise Sept 1st on an Aft suite also. (Very cool they "backed" into the port in the Bahamas!) We're traveling with our daughter.... and it looks like the three of you fit just fine in your suite together. Loved hearing about all the amenities you received... I'm sure we'll be spoiled having this suite! :D

Thanks again-- hope you get to cruise again soon!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We're heading out on the GEM in a few weeks and your review has us so excited.

Just a question about your Universal excursion - who did you hire the car service from? We were thinking of doing the same, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks!

We used Executive VIP Limo, (321)505-0009 we spoke with Mike. Thought the service was great. Right on time, very accommodating. Found many good reviews about this company (and 1 bad one) but we had no problems whatsoever!

Enjoy your trip, you will have a blast!

~Michele:D

Thank you, thank you Michele for the terrific review and fabulous pictures! We go on our Gem cruise Sept 1st on an Aft suite also. (Very cool they "backed" into the port in the Bahamas!) We're traveling with our daughter.... and it looks like the three of you fit just fine in your suite together. Loved hearing about all the amenities you received... I'm sure we'll be spoiled having this suite! :D

Thanks again-- hope you get to cruise again soon!

Enjoy your trip!! The aft cabin is comfortable enough for 3. Utilize your butler and concierge as much as possible, and don't hesitate to ask them for anything! They aim to please! Wish I was going back again this summer, but we will have to wait a few months BUT we have 2 more cruises already booked. The suite life really spoils you. We booked an aft haven suite on the new Breakaway for next June...I cannot wait!

~Michele:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Will be sailing 1st time with Norwegian- and we will be doing that very cruise! I loved you review so much i feel like i just went on the trip! I see their is lots

to do! Our problem we will be in Florida on labor day! I would think the parks will be wayyyy too crowed!I think we will stay with going to coco beach.... thanks one more time for sharing!:)

• 3 months later...

Michele

Thank you for the amazing review, It's nice to hear good things about NCL. We are cruising the first time with NCL in April for our honeymoon from South Hampton to NYC. I see you are from NYC any suggestions for hotels??

We tend to like Kimpton hotels and see one on Park Ave near Grand Central station is that a good area?

Any help would be appreciated

Michele

Thank you for the amazing review, It's nice to hear good things about NCL. We are cruising the first time with NCL in April for our honeymoon from South Hampton to NYC. I see you are from NYC any suggestions for hotels??

We tend to like Kimpton hotels and see one on Park Ave near Grand Central station is that a good area?

Grand Central station is a good area you are in what we call midtown, it is a good location your not far from Times Square, & if you want to go uptown to Central Park your not far either. If you do stay near Grand Central Station make sure you visit the station it sure is worth while. I just suggest you wait until the rush hour is over.

Car service? Which one did you use from Long Island? Ty

I live on LI & the only car service I use is Tran Star Executive http://www.tranexec.com I have used them for 25 years they are never late usually they are 15 mins early & have always been there to pick me up. The last time I used them was Oct for a Gem sailing.

Edited by dutchess43

Michele

Thank you. Park Avenue in Midtown is a lovely location. Very central to many sights in NYC.

Also, as far as our car service in NY, we did indeed use Tran Star Exec (as stated by previous poster), it is also the only service we use, as the owner is our next door neighbor. Excellent service, very reliable.

~Michele

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm a little late to the party :eek:...because lately I've been zeroing in on all things Breakaway - ;) (up next in 6 weeks) ...but, just a little while ago, I found your wonderful review! I loved it...thank you, thank you! I'll be happily boarding the Gem, for the 3rd time, exactly 3 months from today :D ... & I can't wait! However, ;), it will be my first time in a PH suite :D...and I particularly liked this review from YOUR eyes in a PH suite! You guys looked like you had a blast :D...which is precisely my plan as well!

Once again...thanks a million for this terrific review!

HI,

I am in an SF nxt month on gem. Do you remember if there are plenty of outlets or should i bring my extension cord. thanks liz

Bring the extension cord. There are some plugs but depends on what you want to do. W had two sleep machines so needed to use the cord with one machine.

Thank you. Park Avenue in Midtown is a lovely location. Very central to many sights in NYC.

Also, as far as our car service in NY, we did indeed use Tran Star Exec (as stated by previous poster), it is also the only service we use, as the owner is our next door neighbor. Excellent service, very reliable.

~Michele

Hi, I was so hoping to be able to open and read your review of the Gem and pictures. I only saw the one with 2 ladies and the little on peeping in....:) I tried clicking on the site, but nothing comes up. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

We're on the Gem Dec. 1:D

Hi, I was so hoping to be able to open and read your review of the Gem and pictures. I only saw the one with 2 ladies and the little on peeping in....:) I tried clicking on the site, but nothing comes up. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

We're on the Gem Dec. 1:D

Sounds like you started on Page 3, as that is where those photos were posted. You must click back to page 1. Hope you can maneuver, not sure how you just got page 3.

I'm a little late to the party :eek:...because lately I've been zeroing in on all things Breakaway - ;) (up next in 6 weeks) ...but, just a little while ago, I found your wonderful review! I loved it...thank you, thank you! I'll be happily boarding the Gem, for the 3rd time, exactly 3 months from today :D ... & I can't wait! However, ;), it will be my first time in a PH suite :D...and I particularly liked this review from YOUR eyes in a PH suite! You guys looked like you had a blast :D...which is precisely my plan as well!

Once again...thanks a million for this terrific review!

Glad you enjoyed it...BTW, I have our Breakaway review in my signature as well. Just click the link!

Bring the extension cord. There are some plugs but depends on what you want to do. W had two sleep machines so needed to use the cord with one machine.

Thanks for the heads up. Just need outlets for charging cell phones and there are 3 of us. And charging battery for my camera. thanks liz