Noordam VD 4166 and VD 4164

Mar56

I have read many posts about these cabins on the Vista class ships. I noticed from the deck plan that VD 4166 apparently has a shower only and I have read on this forum that VD 4164 has the ice machine near it (at least on some of the vista ships??) which can make it noisy.

Is VD 4166 smaller than a regular VD cabin? Just wondering why the shower only?

Thanks in advance.

I have read many posts about these cabins on the Vista class ships. I noticed from the deck plan that VD 4166 apparently has a shower only and I have read on this forum that VD 4164 has the ice machine near it (at least on some of the vista ships??) which can make it noisy.

Is VD 4166 smaller than a regular VD cabin? Just wondering why the shower only?

Thanks in advance.

I think the shower only is because of the location of the cabin (in relation to a stairwell I believe) and the size of the cabin is not effected. We were in 4164 on the Westerdam and the ice machine didn't bother us at all. We LOVED the double wide balcony, as did our neighbors in 4166! :cool:

I think the shower only is because of the location of the cabin (in relation to a stairwell I believe) and the size of the cabin is not effected. We were in 4164 on the Westerdam and the ice machine didn't bother us at all. We LOVED the double wide balcony, as did our neighbors in 4166! :cool:

Thanks for the info. I keep checking 3 to 4 times a day for the 2014 Jan and Feb Caribbean itinerary to open up to book this ship. I'm obviously very impatient.

lol.

Thanks for the info. I keep checking 3 to 4 times a day for the 2014 Jan and Feb Caribbean itinerary to open up to book this ship. I'm obviously very impatient.

lol.

That's not a bad idea at all, especially if you want one of those two "secret" cabins! ;)

I did the same thing when we took the Westerdam and I actually had 4166 first and then switched to 4164 when I found out about the bathtub situation!

My mother and I are booked on the Noordam in January, and we booked a VD room. Thanks to you very informative cc folks, I had the TA change us to 4164 for the extra large balcony!! Thanks for the information and I can hardly wait be on the ship enjoying that beautiful big balcony!!

You are welcome (anything for a fellow Ontarian) but shhhhhhhh - they are "secret rooms" - lol. I really hope that the cruise I want in 2014 opens up soon. We are going away for a few days in a couple of weeks, and I'm so worried that that's when they'll open and I won't be here to book - I think I'll take my iPad with me just so that I can keep checking. lol. (hopefully DH won't mind - he'd like the larger balcony as well)

The last 3 to 6 cabins on both sides of decks 4, 5, and 6 have showers only for people who prefer to not have to climb in and out of a high-sided tub. 4166 just happens to be the first one of the group on deck 4.

Yes 4166 has a shower only, which we preferred, and I have no idea if the room is smaller than the other VD cabins, but it was certainly adequate for us on a 22-day cruise. Of the two, I would pick 4166 because our friends in 4164 did notice some noise from the ice room next door. 4166 has nothing adjoining it except a little alcove in the hallway. On the Zuiderdam, we experienced a fair bit of engine noise but got used to it. I would pick this cabin again - the double wide balcony is so worth it, especially on a long cruise.

The last 3 to 6 cabins on both sides of decks 4, 5, and 6 have showers only for people who prefer to not have to climb in and out of a high-sided tub. 4166 just happens to be the first one of the group on deck 4.

Thanks for that info. I had no idea!

My mother and I are booked on the Noordam in January, and we booked a VD room. Thanks to you very informative cc folks, I had the TA change us to 4164 for the extra large balcony!! Thanks for the information and I can hardly wait be on the ship enjoying that beautiful big balcony!!

I've got that cabin for the 2/18/13 Noordam sailing. Please be sure that you and your mother don't trash it! :p;):D (Yes, I'm kidding!)

I'll tell my wild and crazy Mom to tone it down on our cruise :D

Actually, this is only my second cruise - we did a cruise on the Westerdam in March, and I threatened to hide out on the ship because I didn't want to leave...so maybe you'll find me hiding under the bed or in the closet when you get on!! :D

We've been in 4166 on the Noordam and loved the fact that it only has a shower. It's a great choice....

Archived