The Latest Your World

ORV

As in Southern Vancouver? :D

San Francisco (the city itself) has very cool, foggy summers.

Mark Twain once famously wrote - "The coldest winter of my life was the summer I spent in San Francisco".

No fuss travel - we see the opposite here - people arrive to SF in the summer wearing shorts and T-shirts (it's California in the summer, after all) then quickly rush to buy sweatshirts with hoods - great for the Fisherman's Wharf vendors :D

You mean, like this one? :)

the-coldest-winter-i-ever-spent-was-a-summer-in-san-francisco-mark-twain-men-s-hoodie-in-red-185.png

I could do with the North Pole today.

You had to go and jinx it! :D It's still warm (not hot) but isolated showers for the next couple of days.

Interesting: The cloud cover/ haze that we're experiencing in Vancouver is due to the large number of forest fires in Russia.

Was looking at SF temps yesterday, as we're flying in on Sunday. I'm glad I looked, as I would have been one of those geeky tourists arriving in a t-shirt and shorts! :p

Also heading over to Livermore which seems a lot warmer than SF.

Was looking at SF temps yesterday, as we're flying in on Sunday. I'm glad I looked, as I would have been one of those geeky tourists arriving in a t-shirt and shorts! :p

Also heading over to Livermore which seems a lot warmer than SF.

Yes - add at least 20*F to Livermore (from the SF temperature). On the most extreme of summer days the difference from lowest to highest temperature in the METROPOLITAN Bay Area can be as much as 44F (it was about 40F two days ago). Cool by the sea (fog) hot inland (dessert).

Livermore will be warm/hot during the day but quite cool at night - perfect!

Yes - add at least 20*F to Livermore (from the SF temperature). On the most extreme of summer days the difference from lowest to highest temperature in the METROPOLITAN Bay Area can be as much as 44F (it was about 40F two days ago). Cool by the sea (fog) hot inland (dessert).

can I come stay with you & Marsha :D

It is 88F today & going to to warmer on Sunday

Lyn

How cool in the evening do you think? We're going to be outside until about 10 - 11.

Fur coat and Mukluks? :D

How cool in the evening do you think? We're going to be outside until about 10 - 11.

I think you can leave those safely home in your closet. Make sure the animal rights group doesn't know about that fur coat.:D They might not allow you into California.:D

I think you can leave those safely home in your closet. Make sure the animal rights group doesn't know about that fur coat.:D They might not allow you into California.:D

I just didn't want to be like that Girl Guide troop that you spoke of; want to make sure I do my due dilligence. :p

But, okay, no fur coat.

It arrived in Ohio, so maybe soon on the West coast. So bummed the only Alaska timewise we could take are designated with children. Guess we'll wait for another year. It is a beautiful catelogue. Pat

Not that cold, but cold enough for a sweatshirt/jacket - in the high 50's to low 60's.

Great sleeping weather - if you leave your windows open, you might have to close them in the middle of the night :)

Not that cold, but cold enough for a sweatshirt/jacket - in the high 50's to low 60's.

Great sleeping weather - if you leave your windows open, you might have to close them in the middle of the night :)

OH gosh I would have them open down to 0F

We leave ours open a small crack in the winter

I am packing now Paul :D:D

Lyn

I prefer Livermore when it is cooler during the day and the night, such as it usually is for "Holidays in the Vineyards", which we really enjoy.

wreathholidayinthevineyards.jpgwinerymap.gif

I prefer Livermore when it is cooler during the day and the night, such as it usually is for "Holidays in the Vineyards", which we really enjoy.

wreathholidayinthevineyards.jpgwinerymap.gif

We're doing a short trip to see Earth, Wind & Fire at Wente Winery.

Would love to do the "Holidays in the Vineyard" too! :D

As in Southern Vancouver? :D

Mark Twain once famously wrote - "The coldest winter of my life was the summer I spent in San Francisco".

No fuss travel - we see the opposite here - people arrive to SF in the summer wearing shorts and T-shirts (it's California in the summer, after all) then quickly rush to buy sweatshirts with hoods - great for the Fisherman's Wharf vendors :D

I actually live east of suburban Vancouver. We had had a very terrible June weather, almost rain everyday. Luckily my wife and I were taking a Transatlantic cruise with Oceania.

July weather is fantastic so far.

Ricky

We're doing a short trip to see Earth, Wind & Fire at Wente Winery.

Would love to do the "Holidays in the Vineyard" too! :D

I think you will enjoy Wente (we saw the Smothers Brothers there a looooong time ago) - but do bring your sweaters/jackets and hats!

Have fun!

Archived