How long are you home before you book your next cruise ?

We just returned on Saturday from our Liberty of the Seas 7 night med cruise and by the monday we were back at the travel agents seeking out a 7 night western caribbean on Freedom for next July..

Is it just me or is everyone else having withdrawal symptoms as soon as they get home

wendy

x

We just returned on Saturday from our Liberty of the Seas 7 night med cruise and by the monday we were back at the travel agents seeking out a 7 night western caribbean on Freedom for next July..

Is it just me or is everyone else having withdrawal symptoms as soon as they get home

wendy

x

Hi Wendy ... We normally book while onboard. We get more OBC

wendy

x

I book my next cruise right on board.

tchrmom.lol, never thought of that idea..

so it sounds like there is an advantage to booking onboard, just wondering how that would work out for us British travellers, as we get a slight discount for booking through them, but sadly no onboard credit or any perks like that, would also like to try an American TA, but how would we know if they were reputable ?

thanks for the replies, glad I'm not the only one that suffers from withdrawal symptoms LOL

wendy

x

tchrmom.lol, never thought of that idea..

so it sounds like there is an advantage to booking onboard, just wondering how that would work out for us British travellers, as we get a slight discount for booking through them, but sadly no onboard credit or any perks like that, would also like to try an American TA, but how would we know if they were reputable ?

thanks for the replies, glad I'm not the only one that suffers from withdrawal symptoms LOL

wendy

x

We don't book on board but get a Future Cruise Certificate which is a booking without a specific ship or sail date. It does have future credit benefits as well. We usually complete the booking within weeks of returning home through our TA. Can't you do that in Scotland?

Decide Later Onboard Booking for UK Cruisers.

The reduced deposit is £75 or 75 Euros for each named guest on the booking.

The booking can be made for a single guest.

Reduced deposit is non-refundable.

There is no expiry date on the booking with regards to when it must be used by.

When the Decide Later is made into a confirmed booking, the full deposit must be paid for all guests on the booking.

For Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruises, the OBC will be in dollars and depends on the length of the sailing.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Once a booking is confirmed, a maximum of 2 other bookings from Friends & Family can receive the same onboard benefits but this must be done within 30 days of the original booking being confirmed. They must be on the exact same sailing.

With RCCL, this Decide Later OBC can be combined with either C&A Balcony/Suite Discount or a C&A savings voucher but not both.

In order not to lose the benefits on the chosen sailing at least one name must remain on the booking from the beginning of the process.

The booking is non-transferable.

If you are planning to use a US TA then the deposit is $100 for the Cert and you do not pay more of a deposit when the booking is confirmed, unlike when you use a UK or Euros Decide Later (Next Cruise) Cert.

There are quite a lot of us from the UK who use a US TA.

We leave a cruise with one either booked or a Next Cruise Certificate in hand. (we leverage the NCC to carry us over until new deployments are out and just in case a deal pops up. I'm in a bind now and to replenish our NCC reserve.

wendy

x

Same here..

Once I return home after a cruise, I'm always looking for the next one out.

The only thing that holds us back at this time is the jobs.

But the minute we find free time will book again.

THE SEA IS CALLING RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!! :)

Ugh! Yes! New husband and I have been back for exactly a week today. I've never been so bummed to be home! We're in the process of buying a house so trying to budget for next summer (only time we can go, both teachers) to do a cruise is tough. Who needs to eat or have heat? Haha.

On any given cruise, my husband and I usually have one or two cruises ahead booked. With our vacation and work schedules, we typically can only take four weeks off every 18-24 months and we like land-based vacations also. So we usually take 1-2 seven night cruises each year but sometimes stretch the interval if we want to go to Europe for a week. We also usually sneak in a 4-5 night trip to somewhere like Playa del Carmen since it's close to Austin.

In the last year, I didn't plan anything in advance because my husband was going through a job transition. We booked everything last minute: a 5-day trip to Valetin Imperal Maya in Maya Riveria, a 5-day cruise on Carnival Triumph right after Thanksgiving (we booked it 4-days in advance and had no choice but Carnival since we couldn't go for 7-nights and flights were too expensive - but we did book a suite) and Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas on February 19th - booked on February 12th.

I used to like to to have cruises booked in advance so I don't feel bad when I get off. However, now that I know that my husband and I both have a commitment (budgeting and time-off) for cruises and vacation - I don't worry about it.

Right now, I have bookings right through September 2013, but I will get a NCC when I'm onboard the Allure and will hold onto it until the Sunshine Class bookings are released.

We are right there with you. The plan is to obtain a NCC for Sunshine Class booking.

Archived