How long are you home before you book your next cruise ?

ASAP, and while on board:)

We have 3 booked on Royal, and one future cruise deposit. We have 2 future cruise deposits for Princess as well with nothing booked.

To think we were only ever going to cruise once, for our honeymoon. So much for that.:D

How long are we home before we book the next cruise??

We always have future cruises booked an right now we have 16 booked. Last year we got below 10 and couldn't stand it and immediately booked more.

Retirement is fun!!

Oh, I can't wait for those days. We will be Diamond by March of next year. There might be a chance to reach Pinnacle if we adapt to your approach ;).

I love it. You are my kind of people.

Andrew

WOW. so post cruise depression IS an actual illness !!! :D

Elizanessie, thank you for the info, I will be keeping this in mind for next year (we have a west carib on Freedom on hold till monday )I'm already searching out excursions and things to do for everyone and just need to talk our friends into joining us in the cabin next door :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the replies, great to know I'm not alone

wendy

xxx

We sail in one week.

We are already looking for a cruise for next summer.

Our problem is we both work in a Hospital, and have to wait for vacation "picks" that start this September.

Then, we will be in the booking mode and the anticipation will start again.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

We have 3 booked now, and 2 more in the works for Spring of 2014. We still need to fill in for 2013. We are able to do more last minute too. We usually cruise middle of the winter, and in the fall. This is our cruising schedule. Always looking for last minute deals. We also have a couple NC certificates almost always, so when the whim hits us, we can book right away, and take advantage of that extra OBC! :D

We certainly do not want to get that PCD! :eek: :eek: It's a terrible sickness to have to go through! I feel so sorry for any of you that have experienced it. The only cure is to book another cruise! :D

We just returned on Saturday from our Liberty of the Seas 7 night med cruise and by the monday we were back at the travel agents seeking out a 7 night western caribbean on Freedom for next July..

Is it just me or is everyone else having withdrawal symptoms as soon as they get home

wendy

x

Who waits to get home and book? :D I book my next cruise while onboard before the current cruise ends. :)

How long are we home before we book the next cruise??

We always have future cruises booked an right now we have 16 booked. Last year we got below 10 and couldn't stand it and immediately booked more.

Retirement is fun!!

Well hello you two world travelers!! :)

The DH and I were just talking about the two of you, and wondering if you were on

that big "bucket list" trip right now? That is the most fantastic itinerary I can imagine!

Sigh...someday.

Anyway, in keeping with the thread's question:

We always buy and use "next cruise" certificates (as friend Scotty mentioned ;) ) and I will have

at least 1 or 2 on hand at all times. It is the exact same bennies as booking

on board, but gives me more time to research choices on my own.

The last time, we were only home one hour before I researched online and

called to book another one!

Have just "a few" in the hopper right now, but nothing like you two! :)

Who has a chance to get home before booking, do it on board and earn OBC!!!

Agreed! We always book our next cruise while onboard! Not just for the OBC, but the reduced deposit is great too (this way, RCI doesn't have as much of our money tied up so far in advance!)

I don't know Scotty G

but I will ask when I'm there next year......or a fellow brit might pop in and tell me the answer

wendy

x

I see Liz has done her usual great job!

BTW I was brought up in Cowdenbeath and came to America in 51. We have met quite a few wonderful Scots while cruising. Hope we run into you on board one cruise.

It would be a pleasure ScottyG

my hubby will be the one in the kilt LOL....... even with baggage restrictions it still manages to find it's way into somebodys suitcase !!!

usually after he's thrown out 4 pairs of my shoes :mad:

wendy

x

We just returned on Saturday from our Liberty of the Seas 7 night med cruise and by the monday we were back at the travel agents seeking out a 7 night western caribbean on Freedom for next July..

Is it just me or is everyone else having withdrawal symptoms as soon as they get home

wendy

x

Usually have a couple "on-the-board", and try to book a "Future Cruise" whilst onboard to ensure on-board-credit. Never know when a itinerary "too good to pass up" will show up. :D

Ray in NH

I see Liz has done her usual great job!

BTW I was brought up in Cowdenbeath and came to America in 51. We have met quite a few wonderful Scots while cruising. Hope we run into you on board one cruise.

Hi Scotty! I remember meeting a wonderful Scot while on board also!! :)

BTW: Both the DH and I have Scottish blood in us, from a few generations back. ;)

Don't tell my husband. I just tell him you can't leave a RCCL ship without proof of rebooking!

Shhhhhhhhh!

Were you able to attend the meet and mingle in Dazzles on Oasis during your last cruise? I woke up at around noon that day :( Our room was close to Dazzles so I went over to see if there were any lingerers but no such luck. What a great week we had though. Much needed rest. Hope you enjoyed!

Karen

Were you able to attend the meet and mingle in Dazzles on Oasis during your last cruise? I woke up at around noon that day :( Our room was close to Dazzles so I went over to see if there were any lingerers but no such luck. What a great week we had though. Much needed rest. Hope you enjoyed!

Karen

Time just got away from me..............and I just plain forgot!

We had a great time............and my house is finally back together.

Fran

tchrmom.lol, never thought of that idea..

so it sounds like there is an advantage to booking onboard, just wondering how that would work out for us British travellers, as we get a slight discount for booking through them, but sadly no onboard credit or any perks like that, would also like to try an American TA, but how would we know if they were reputable ?

thanks for the replies, glad I'm not the only one that suffers from withdrawal symptoms LOL

wendy

x

Included with my tickets last week i received a "Flyer" from my UK TA saying

"If you find your self thinking about your next cruise whilst on board then visit the on-board loyalty manager to book your next cruise. Request that once the booking is made they pass your booking on to us. you can rest assured that that we will take care of your reservation and apply the usual (name of TA) benefits as if you had booked with us direct. Whats more, on board booking incentives will also be applied by the company such as on-board credit, low deposits and complimentary upgrades"

wendy

x

Wendy,

Thanks for this thread. It tells me I am not alone, :D.

Welcome to the club.

BOOK_CLUB_MEMBER.jpg

Thanks for the replies, I am def going to check this out when I am onboard next year x

maxxedout2.your name suits you LOL, how I would LOVE to have all those to look forward to

Now I have to learn to cope with the pre cruise anticipation for a year........yikes !!!:eek:

wendy

x

We always like to have one to two trips planned out so that we don't get depressed when we return home from a trip.

I have convinced the DH that it is not as expensive as therapy :-)

I have only been on 3 cruises, 2001, 2004 and 2 weeks ago my 3rd cruise. Have never booked a cruise when I got back from a cruise even though I enjoyed them a lot. Just kept going on land vacations. But.....................now I am looking to book again since the Navigator of the Seas is coming to New Orleans. I do not like to fly to a port; therefore I want to take advantage of trying RCI out of New Orleans. :)

Archived