What is our TWID code?

sez809

We have finally, after much prevarication, linked our dining reservation with that of our travelling companions. (Decided not to shift to anytime after all, for those of you who recall an earlier query!)

We now both have the same TWID code, of AC7, Princess tell us. Just really curious and trying to work out what the abbreviation means....

Not a biggie, just curious, as I say!:confused:

We have finally, after much prevarication, linked our dining reservation with that of our travelling companions. (Decided not to shift to anytime after all, for those of you who recall an earlier query!)

We now both have the same TWID code, of AC7, Princess tell us. Just really curious and trying to work out what the abbreviation means....

Not a biggie, just curious, as I say!:confused:

I'm curious? What did you lie about?

Yes, this TWID code means you are linked together and should be placed together at dinner. But as a precaution, when you board, you may want to see if the M'aitre D is available to confirm this. They usually have a scheduled time the day of boarding that you can meet with them. If you are unable to do so, do not be alarmed if you go to dinner and it is incorrect. This is not a slight on the part of Princess, just miscommunication between the home office and the ship. We booked independantly with another couple (my DH and I in the states) and the other couple in Britain. We were given a TWID code for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden but the first night at dinner discovered that it had not been done. No problem, they sat us at a table the first night and then scheduled us a table for four every night after that.

Why would it take you lying (what prevarication means) to link your dining reservations? I'm confused.

Give the OP a break! (same message to PIA). Haven't you ever used an incorrect word by mistake. I'm pretty sure we can all deduce what she meant!

If you were trying to be funny please accept my apology.

Give the OP a break! (same message to PIA). Haven't you ever used an incorrect word by mistake. I'm pretty sure we can all deduce what she meant!

Sorry Flo, but I have no clue as to what the OP was referring to in lieu of prevarication. Would you care to put the correct words in her mouth? :rolleyes:

Yes, this TWID code means you are linked together and should be placed together at dinner. But as a precaution, when you board, you may want to see if the M'aitre D is available to confirm this. They usually have a scheduled time the day of boarding that you can meet with them. If you are unable to do so, do not be alarmed if you go to dinner and it is incorrect. This is not a slight on the part of Princess, just miscommunication between the home office and the ship. We booked independantly with another couple (my DH and I in the states) and the other couple in Britain. We were given a TWID code for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden but the first night at dinner discovered that it had not been done. No problem, they sat us at a table the first night and then scheduled us a table for four every night after that.

When ya'll check in and receive your cruise cards, it will show your table assignment and dining room. Compare your card with you friend's card and if everything worked correctly, ya'll will both have the same table number.

Edited by coo359a2

Prevarication..Also means Straddle

Straddle..Also means Vacillate

Vacillate..To sway one way or the other

To waver in mind

She meant if you read..She was deciding

if to Take Anytime Or Dine with friends.

She chose her friends.

So she was going back and forth (wavering)

deciding what to do. Got it?

People come on here to talk..get information

They might not use the right word, spell a word wrong.

So what? We know what they mean.

So Why does someone always have to tell them

what they did wrong. I think that's Rude!

Suppose to be a friendly/nice group here in Cruise Critic.

Thanks! It was indeed an error on my part, as admitted to earlier.

....and finally...

From now on I intend to lurk rather than post, so that I cease to offend those of you with little patience, even less tolerance of others and too much time on your hands.

To those of you kind enough to have responded, with helpful comments, to my query, thank you. I appreciate it.

Goodbye.

Edited by sez809

https://book.princess.com/html/tapres/rcba_cbok_content.html

"Create Travel with ID (TWID Number)

Click the "NEW" button to add a cross-reference number to the booking. You can enter the booking numbers that you would like cross-referenced. Click the link to see the list of cross-referenced bookings

Travel with ID (TWID) should be applied to bookings where the passengers are family and/or friends and they wish to dine together. This designation will only apply to those who have been confirmed for the same dining option.

This ID will help the Cruise Line to seat the cabins with the same dining request at the same dining table (This only pertains to the confirmed seated time dining, this does not work the "Anytime" dining choice).

If Guarantee status bookings share the same TWID and are booked in the same category, the Cruise Line will attempt to assign nearby cabins.

TWID should not be used to cross-reference bookings if the passengers do not know each other.

A good rule to remember: ALL bookings which plan to dine together should ALL have the same TWID on each booking."

sez809- I'm sorry you were made to feel that way. This board is a treasure of knowledge but one does have to develop a fairly thick skin to post. Poking fun at grammar, etc. is supposed to be verbotten, but, obviously, it does happen. In this day of autocorrecting devices, I, too, have made some posts that bear little resemblance to what I meant to say (itinerary is the most dangerous word for me, as it autocorrects to urinary :eek:). Don't be put off by this, you're not alone.