JS Guarantee - what did you get?

Hi! Looking to see if there is any correlation between ship, C&A status, and date of cruise and final assignment! For those that booked that way could you respond with that info and final cabin(or type)? Thank you!

Wishing the upgrade fairy visits you all soon! :-)

On our cruise northbound Alaska (RCI Radiance) we did a JS GTY 3 months before sail date and ended up with a GS we were a D level C&A. at the time...I have no idea if that meant anything at all..but glad for the upgrade. Good luck and enjoy !!!

We did a JS guarantee on the Oasis last March and we were assigned a JS on Deck 14. I would never intentionallly book a room under the pool deck again due to noise from the pool during the day and cleaning at 3 am. We booked about 6 weeks ahead of time after the proces dropped for the JS guarantee. We were D 8 days short of D+

Good Luck

The first time I booked one, which happened to be our first guarantee in any category, we were assigned a GS. That's the only time we were ever assigned anything better than the type booked although we rarely book guarantees. I figured that's how they bait first time guarantee bookers to book them again. We were D+ at the time.

Gina

We are in a suite gty for Oasis 9/29. Still no assignment. We are diamond and keeping our fingers crossed...there are still alot suites of all levels available. :eek:

Suite gty's are a good way to assure a great stateroom at a discounted price if location is not a concern and with the possibility of an upgrade. Just a note, however, the gty rate does not take into consideration any other discount you may recieve such as balcony discounts, age, military, residency, etc. It is an assigned lower rate than standard, but those other discounts are not considered by RCI in determining that rate.

It's a good idea to check with a dummy booking using any of the above options that you qualify for that may provide you with a discount against the regular rate and then compare that to the gty rate. Your discount may be better and you have the room choice option. (Of course that then would negate any RCI option to assign you up in category).

Case in point, with our upcoming EOS in August with our applicable discounts, the JS we have is at a rate significantly lower than the offered gty rate. We also were able to chose a hump location, which for us is great! And since we could very well be assigned a JS v upgrade, that would certainly make the gty not the way to go in our case.

Again, I think the gty is a good option, just think you should check your applicable rates first.

Suite gty's are a good way to assure a great stateroom at a discounted price if location is not a concern and with the possibility of an upgrade. Just a note, however, the gty rate does not take into consideration any other discount you may recieve such as balcony discounts, age, military, residency, etc. It is an assigned lower rate than standard, but those other discounts are not considered by RCI in determining that rate.

It's a good idea to check with a dummy booking using any of the above options that you qualify for that may provide you with a discount against the regular rate and then compare that to the gty rate. Your discount may be better and you have the room choice option. (Of course that then would negate any RCI option to assign you up in category).

Case in point, with our upcoming EOS in August with our applicable discounts, the JS we have is at a rate significantly lower than the offered gty rate. We also were able to chose a hump location, which for us is great! And since we could very well be assigned a JS v upgrade, that would certainly make the gty not the way to go in our case.

Again, I think the gty is a good option, just think you should check your applicable rates first.

I'm not exactly sure what is meant by the highlighted sentence above. However, in case someone else is confused, the C&A balcony discount can be used with "W" guarantee rate.

I'm not exactly sure what is meant by the highlighted sentence above. However, in case someone else is confused, the C&A balcony discount can be used with "W" guarantee rate.

I stand corrected regarding the balcony discount - thank you.

However, what I meant with the rest is that those other discounts do not apply in addition to the gty rate - they cannot be combined. At least that is what I was told by a C & A rep when discussing the fact that my age and residency discounts gave me a better rate than the published gty rate. I was told that there are times when those discounts will exceed the gty rate in savings - which is the case as highlighted with our EOS cruise.

we booked a grand suite garrentee on allure 10/28 all grand suites are located in the same loc on ship just dont know what floor so the risk is minamal,and any upgrade from there would be a good one. we are lowly gold members but will turn platniam on this cruise good luck....

we booked a grand suite garrentee on allure 10/28 all grand suites are located in the same loc on ship just dont know what floor so the risk is minamal,and any upgrade from there would be a good one. we are lowly gold members but will turn platniam on this cruise good luck....

We had a GS on Oasis in May. Great staterooms - you will love it! And you are correct that they are all in good elevator lobby proximity locations regardless of deck. And who knows, maybe you'll get an upgrade.......Good luck!

thanks im hoping for a cl since all other suites including gs are showing sold out.....i have read about people in js cat getting upgraded to cl as these rooms do not tend to sell as well as others it might be because you would have to get a second loan on your house to afford it lol

thanks im hoping for a cl since all other suites including gs are showing sold out.....i have read about people in js cat getting upgraded to cl as these rooms do not tend to sell as well as others it might be because you would have to get a second loan on your house to afford it lol

That happened as well on Oasis with someone from our roll call. Good luck - that would be teriffic!

The first time I booked one, which happened to be our first guarantee in any category, we were assigned a GS. That's the only time we were ever assigned anything better than the type booked although we rarely book guarantees. I figured that's how they bait first time guarantee bookers to book them again. We were D+ at the time.

Gina

WOW!!!!! In your case it does seem like your C&A Status may have helped. Good for you! What did you do with all that extra room!??? :-D

We booked a our first JS GTY for September and a few days later were assigned JS 9538. The JS category is sold out and there are still a lot of higher level suites available. We got a nice price for the GTY so are happy with the cabin, but would be even happier if they were to upgrade us as we got closer to our sail date. :-)

WOW!!!!! In your case it does seem like your C&A Status may have helped. Good for you! What did you do with all that extra room!??? :-D

We just loved it. Unfortunately it was just a short 4 or 5 day cruise. It was when Radiance was doing the short and long rotations of Mexican Riviera cruises.

We booked a few guarantees since that first and we sure didn't get upgrades. Once we booked a balcony guarantee, it wasn't even final payment date so of course we hadn't paid it yet. They assigned the cabin the day after we booked it and they gave us an E category....the lowest balcony category on that ship, so we canceled. We rebooked a D at a better price later. Had they been smart and at least assigned us a D, they may have ended up with more money out of us since we wouldn't have canceled the initial booking. If D+ really mattered, there's no chance they would have assigned us that E.

Gina

We're on Oasis in October and booked a JS gtd. We'll be happy with whatever we get, but an upgrade to a higher category would be terrific. But, as I said, we'll be happy with the JS because he location is great. Buuuuttttt, I am keeping my fingers crossed.:D

Last Dec. we had booked a D2 balcony...and after final payment a Suite Gty became available for about $50 pp more than our original booking...so we took it...and got a JS...I was D+...my cabinmate D...other's in our roll call also did the Gty...and they all got GS or higher...and they were Platinum & lower...so C&A status did not help us any...at least we did get triple points for the Diamonds in Dec. promo...

Archived