Ocean Princess Meet and Greet

Posaune

Princess schedules the location for the M&G. When we have been on the small ships, it has either been in Sabatini's or the lounge on deck 10.

Why does Princess schedule the location, since they do not provide coffee, tea or cookies? IMHO, they really shouldn't have anything to say about it, in that case. Well, maybe it's because a staff member will show up. I have been to several M&G, where people just show up at a designated time. I don't understand why Princess doesn't provide anything---unlike HAL, which is owned by Carnival also.

Why does Princess schedule the location, since they do not provide coffee, tea or cookies? IMHO, they really shouldn't have anything to say about it, in that case. Well, maybe it's because a staff member will show up. I have been to several M&G, where people just show up at a designated time. I don't understand why Princess doesn't provide anything---unlike HAL, which is owned by Carnival also.

1. HAL is their own corporation, so they choose to do things their way.

2. As above, just substitute name.

3. On small ships there is just so much space and if there's to be a large group they need to allot space and time for it.

4. Your M & G's were not formalized, otherwise there would have been a specific venue and time.

5. Do you really need more food?

If you don't agree with Princess on a time and place, what do you do when you show up and some other activity is using the spce you planned to use?

If you don't agree with Princess on a time and place, what do you do when you show up and some other activity is using the spce you planned to use?

The coordinator for the ship at HQ arranges the time and place in advance of the sailing.

It would be a rare exception that another event would be scheduled in that place at the same time, and this would indicate a lack of communication by Princess.

I agree with you. It makes sense to set it up with Princess, because you can't just assume that someone else hasn't set something up with Princess & that any place you want to do something would be available at any given time.

The coordinator for the ship at HQ arranges the time and place in advance of the sailing.

It would be a rare exception that another event would be scheduled in that place at the same time, and this would indicate a lack of communication by Princess.

The post I was responing to was questioning the need to involve Princess in the planning. I was pointing out that if you just show up at a room there coul be an activitiy there.

We've been on a few Ocean Princess roll calls with 8 or less posters. For our get together, we just decided on an informal meeting in the Tahatian Lounge at an agreed upon time. For that small number, we didn't see the need to involve Princess in arranging a meeting place.

Archived