Anybody watching the Veendam sailaway

rafinmd

http://nyharborwebcam.com/

It looks like Veendam is the only ship in town today so Dave and Lou should get a good view of it.

Roy

Celebrity just went by.

Yup. I blew that completely. Working from my Providence hotel with just 1 display, I looked at the map and Veendam is all I saw. I think when ships are close together only 1 of several shows up. NCL is next, well under way, so there should be plenty of time to look at Veendam.

Roy

Guest LoveMyBoxer

No she's not alone:

NYH | CELEBRITY SUMMIT | 16:00

NYH | NORWEGIAN STAR | 16:00

NYH | VEENDAM | 17:00

Guest LoveMyBoxer
OK, dumb question: Where is the webcam located that shows ships coming OUT of the Harbor (seeing the front of the ship)?

If you're asking about NY Harbor webcam http://nyharborwebcam.com/, it's located in Staten Island right near the Verzaz bridge.

This is also a nice view before you turn to the NY Harbor webcam:

http://www.ellisisland.org/TorchCam/Streaming.asp#

Working from my Providence hotel with just 1 display,

Welcome home from the Caribe. Happy that we could give you such a lovely day to visit.

Off thread for a moment---

I received an e-mail asking that I contact you. I did send you an e-mail. I knew you were cruising, so didn't expect a reply, but since I have this chance to mention it, I thought I would be sure you are on the look-out for it.

Now, back to the Veendam....

Thanks, RuthC, I got it. I'm still dealing with email on pretty much an as needed basis till I get home. It's just about a perfect day here.

It's amazing how quickly Lou and Dave picked up the Veendam.

Roy

Veendam is still at the pier. Woops...the picture shown on NY wiredweb cam 3 is dated July 5. Wonder what that's all about?

The Veendam is approaching the webcam now! It's been like that all along, Carol...I think I reported the same last Sunday.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
All I can say is the marine cam I hear on the nyharborwebcam is really really annoying!

Turn your volume off!

All I can say is the marine cam I hear on the nyharborwebcam is really really annoying!

That Marine radio was broadcasting on the NY harbor webcam last night (our time) when I watched the cruise ships sail in.

Archived