Interesting thread about Choice Air

happy cruzer

An amazing amount of misinformation in such a short thread.

Great ones, such as:

When I have had flights changed by airlines I have been given the option to choose another flight without charges.
If the airline changed your flight times then you should be able to change without a charge.
Since BA changed his flight, he should be able to change to another flight without added expense.
However, I'd still say that as BA changed the flights they are required to put you on flights more suited to your itinerary.
and the best one, IMO:
Have you established if your flight is in fact only booked with Royal Caribbean guests, because if that was the case even if the flight is delayed the ship would have to wait, if you have booked it as part of a package.
Glad that kenish, zach and twickenham were able to put some reason to the assumptions. But the OP still hasn't told what his original itinerary is or any details on the fare basis.

Yes, and trying to add concrete and correct information to such a thread, usually is an exercise in futility.

Amen.

Even when Zach posted correct info, the RCI/Choice Air cheerleaders shot back IMMEDIATELY.

WAY, WAY, WAY too many people THINK they got the same tickets as purchasing direct from the airline.

Should I stick my very long explanation about how Choice Air, Vayama, Princess EZ Air, etc. etc., all those cheapo tickets get purchased and what rights passengers have with those tickets?

The only salvation the OP may have is he may be covered by the European rules. Don't know exactly how that works in relation to booking a ticket through Choice Air. Do know how the "package" air/cruise tickets work in relation to the European rules but I could make a solid case for not applying the rules since the cruise and air were actually booked separately.

I wish the guy well but again, when you only purchase by price and don't really understand what you are purchasing, you very often find yourself in deep doo doo!!!

Hey, Experts, keep trying. I for one learn alot from you and a I bet the lurkers out there do too. Someone needs to be explaining the reality of air line bookings.

Thanks.

Though it may seem otherwise at times, most of us are trying to help. It may not always be what people want to hear...but that's how it goes sometimes. As a cruise-oriented message board, people are obviously going to put their cruise as a priority over their flight, but they're both important parts of a successful vacation, and sometimes spending a bit more on either can get you a lot more. That's all we're trying to do...make people realize that not everything is as it appears all the time.

And I do hesitate to put "most of us", because I do contribute a lot less useful info than many experts on this page...but I do feel I know how these things work and really enjoy sharing my knowledge, even if I'm the only one listening to myself ;)

Archived