Calling all PG Lovers

Emdee

Don't go out of your way to book a cruise that includes Vanuatu and Noumea. They were ok but NOTHING like I expected and FP is a thousand times nicer.

Of course that's easy for me to say as I have been there. Officials in Vanuatu held us up from anchoring as we were trying to avoid a cyclone in January. They allowed us to anchor but the PG has to cough up $5000. The next day they deservedly got nailed by a 8+ earthquake an hour after we left.

September for a repeaters cruise works and I think the idea of going to islands off the usual path is a great idea.

Twin,

I have asked for Maupiti and/ or Tikehau also full day in Rangiroa so we can visit the Blue Lagoon. If you have any suggestions please make them and also any other suggestions for the cruise. This is the time for the itinerary to be worked on.

I had also asked for two days at Motu Mahana if possible.

Miriam- so much fun that you are planning this! I was out and about and just returned in time to see on FB that there would be a chat...glad I was able to read about so many things planned and ask my own questions!

I think a CC repeaters cruise would be fun, because this group is fun and while some may disagree or have different opinions, it's always very civil! You are going to make my vacation planning very challenging. ;)

Dont want to steal Diane Moore's thunder but September 10, 2014 is the date set.

Richard Bailey will be there , I think Diane Moore as well and Capt Zupan is already planning the itinerary.

Now it will be hard waiting for the months to roll by ....

Thanks all for being so supportive and making it a collective effort.

Sorry Tiki, its a 10 day slot forgot to tell you in my excitement. I particularly asked for the full day in Rangiroa as I am absolutely dying to see the blue lagoon after I saw the pictures!

Trend - shall miss you - See if you can make it.

Twin, at this stage we are all 90% - who know where or what we shall be in 2 years! We have input into the itinerary so am so glad that you put your 2 cents in.

Hot off the press from Diane Moore:

Below from Capt Zupan:

This is the proposal .Need some fine tuning. Start with open deck breakfast when cruising Raiatea & Tahaa lagoon on the first day followed by the lobster BBQ on the MOTU.

3 new calls Niue ,Apia & Mitiaro and few sea days + crossing of the Date Line two times ( little bit confusing)

Visit to Mitiaro would be like going 100 years back. Only one cruise ship has been there in the past

I think all comers will be very happy!

OK now I am off to a party for the Olympics opening - I have to work some of the time.

Tiki,

It didnt make sense to me - I have asked for Manihi and Tikehau.

Maybe he was looking at a 14 day cruise but thats too long for a lot of us.

Very much in the early stages, though.

I guess people asked for unusual islands.

Hmm, interesting collection of other islands. Was kind of hoping for different islands within FP rather than traveling around the Pacific. As already mentioned, we are 2 years out - things change.

plus Rangiroa sound great and along with the Society islands will work well in a 10 day cruise.

This would be ideal:

Motu Mahana

Bora Bora (2)

Rangiroa

Manihi

Tikehau

Huahine

Motu Mahana

Moorea (2)

We would also love to stay in FP - fewer sea days. Tikiintahiti - this sounds like a good list!

Linda

I think I am going to have to avoid this thread, or else quit my job by 2014! I have been fantasizing about this repeaters cruise for five years, and now that it is coming to fruition, we won't be able to go!:(

It is a good thing we are going in 2013! Anybody else who can't make 9/14 is welcome to go with us on 6/26/13! We are hoping to have something of a reunion then as well!

plus Rangiroa sound great and along with the Society islands will work well in a 10 day cruise.

This would be ideal:

Motu Mahana

Bora Bora (2)

Rangiroa

Manihi

Tikehau

Huahine

Motu Mahana

Moorea (2)

This sounds good. I'd like it to stay within FP too.

Archived