Calling all PG Lovers

Emdee

Motu,

the first thing I felt was remorse but as you saw from the schedule it just wasnt possible.

Maybe we can have a TM repeaters in 2015 and get Capt Zupan to take us only on the Croatian coast to see his own haunts.

Tiki your itinerary is excellent! And i hope that they pick it up.

My suggestion to Diane is as follows:

Previous cruise is Fiji to Tahiti - that cruise can have Mitiari, Apia, Aitutaki etc. It can be sold as a back to back with the September 10th our cruise for which I suggested your itinerary and the name Pearls of Polynesia

Some people from Australia NZ etc may like to do the back to back. A number of people like the Fijian itineraries and this will give them a chance to do it. I personally would like to do it too as I enjoy the sea days etc but DH is always short of vacay and we wouldnt have the vacay to take 22 days at a time.

This should satisfy Capt Zupan's thirst for little travelled islands and our desire to bask in the Polynesian sun.

Hope the suggestion works out.

plus Rangiroa sound great and along with the Society islands will work well in a 10 day cruise.

This would be ideal:

Motu Mahana

Bora Bora (2)

Rangiroa

Manihi

Tikehau

Huahine

Motu Mahana

Moorea (2)

I LIKE this Tiki! I with the others, more islands less sea! Can they do all this without a sea day? Ill have to look at my maps or maybe....;)

Tiki, you could post one of your excellent, now famous, oft saved and refered to, illustrative maps:D;)

I looked at their 10 day cruise to the atolls aready and the only sea day is when they go to Fakarava but as we won't be goingt that far east I don't see any seas days which is fine with me.

Hopefully captain speedo (I say that lovingly) will see out thread and get this figured out similar to what I suggested.

Captain Zupan will be on holiday from this week but apparently he keeps in touch.

In any event when I meet all in December I will certainly bring it up.

I think Rangiroa nd Fakarava entries into the lagoon depend on the tides .

I know this is probably a minority opinion, but snorkler/mermaid/daughter and I would like a 7 day cruise, to spend an additional 3-4 nights at the Hilton Moorea - site of wonderful snorkling. Just thought I'd throw this out there, as an alternative.........wonder if we could get reduced rates at the Hilton.....

:p

Agreed and I think the trip should ENTIRELY be in French Polynesia. There are many of us who would love to see off the beaten path spots there rather than other countries. I count my wife as 6 votes since she is VERY VOCAL about this. We all fell in love with this ship in FP, not Samoa or the Cooks or Fiji.

Sorry for harping. I DO feel strongly about this.

Hi all PG Lovers

I suggested that PG cruises offers a b2b option for those who want it.

Fiji to Tahiti to have Mitiari, Samoa etc

September 10 Papeete to Papeete incorporating Tiki 's suggested itinerary.

This would be similar to what Oceania has - the longer itineraries that people who are retired and have the time love.

PG cruises will be working toward this goal and all us FP lovers will be really pleased to see it executed.

Hi all PG lovers - what do you think about a September 2014 repeaters cruise?
Ah the call of the siren ...

Fantastic planning Emdee! You and DD certainly have a way of making things happen. We may just have to put this on our calendar. Of our many cruises, DH keeps saying he'd love to sail on PG again. I particularly like the idea of going to lesser-visited islands, which will keep it fresh for regulars as well as officers and crew. Our only hesitation would be facing another dreadful ATN flight, not to mention the horror of Papeete airport. It was the absolute worst part of our otherwise-wonderful PG experience.

May I also suggest that if your credit can handle it start playing the credit card churning game and start collecting THOUSANDS of points from various airlines that cost you NOTHING the first year. You can use Delta or AA miles for ATN and Delta for Air France. Flying ATN business class is at least not terrible like economy.

plus Rangiroa sound great and along with the Society islands will work well in a 10 day cruise.

This would be ideal:

Motu Mahana

Bora Bora (2)

Rangiroa

Manihi

Tikehau

Huahine

Motu Mahana

Moorea (2)

I would still like Tetiora or however you spell it!!! Instead of a second day at Moorea!!

• 3 months later...

Ok, Got the flu...and need to make some plans to alleviate symptoms!;)

Sept 10 2014 - is that a go? I'll have one in college and one still home, but she should be mostly settled in and can be left with family...this is a possibility! But we'd need nearly 2 weeks from the east coast with a kid at home...I dunno if we can do it! If they do a second one Sept 2015, I'll be home free!

So, being newer, I need one of you more experienced folks to tell me what to expect in Manihi and Tikehau. I've looked at excursions in Rangiroa and Huahine and they look great. One of the things I loved about Raitea is how it did seem off the beaten path. And I have to get back to Moorea, since we missed everything there!

Hi Family,

You have certainly got the flu.

I think the cruise is a go but islands not confirmed. It should all be wrapped up by early next year.

There will be special events too - hopefully. Welcome lunch a the IC pre cruise etc.

I shall let you know as soon as I have details and will also post on the board.

I have suggested 2014 repeaters in FP, 2015 repeaters on Tere Moana in Europe.

Hi Cruisedreamer,

I believe the September 10/2014 is a go.

I have received a tentative itinerary from PG ( Dianne Moore) wasnt to my liking so asked for an alternate itinerary close to what Tiki suggested.

I will certainly post on the board but if you want me to give you information in advance directly then send me an email at miriamdcunhaatyahoodotca and I will keep it on hand for when we receive the information.

Should have something early next year - likely february. I will be on the Tere Moana December and PG in Jan and will see TPTB and hopefully firm the plans up.

Archived