Drivers License just expired, any issues?

4x4TX

I haven't read this whole thread... but just wondering.... what states allow you to renew your license by mail? Here in Ohio, you have to go in person because they take a new, (updated) photo and you also have to take an eye exam.

New York

I haven't read this whole thread... but just wondering.... what states allow you to renew your license by mail? Here in Ohio, you have to go in person because they take a new, (updated) photo and you also have to take an eye exam.

Vermont (I believe you may renew online, also), as long as you have a picture on file with them. If you do have to renew in person you receive your license there and then.

In Mass, you can renew on line every other expiration.

I'm still trying to figure out how that AZ poster got her license in 1998 and it doesn't expire until 2032.. ( post #30)

Md. just started this ... up to a certain age ... for now.

I just noticed my DL expired on my birthday this month..going on a cruise aug 4th...of course my passport also expired this year lol....Just wondering if my DL for a govt issued photo id was still ok?....I renewed my license online and apparently it got mailed but never made it to me......now its probably too late to receive a new one

If you take proof to your local BMV that you paid for it online they will replace it for you at no cost.

Im not sure where you live but are you sure you didn't just pay for your car registration as most states require you to go to the BMV to renew your license so your photo is updated.

Good luck but you can't use an expired ID as it is no longer valid

I'm sure I renewed my DL. I called them yesterday to ask them where my new one was to be told it was mailed in June and I never got it....they told me they are printing a new one and I should get it in 2-3 weeks.

Although the ID is no longer valid, I still dont know why it wouldnt be proof that its me since it has my picture on it...plus I have the online printout that my DL was renewed and its going to have the same picture on it....that in addition to the birth cert and my expired passport which also has my picture on it....I did send an email last night to my PVP to see what she has to say so when she responds Ill post up.

If you take proof to your local BMV that you paid for it online they will replace it for you at no cost.

Im not sure where you live but are you sure you didn't just pay for your car registration as most states require you to go to the BMV to renew your license so your photo is updated.

Good luck but you can't use an expired ID as it is no longer valid

Uh, go to the DMV and get another one. An expired one will not be accepted.

Not all states offer the option of going into the DMV and getting a new on the spot. In Virginia you have to wait for the state to mail it to you because of the new ID's they use. They have a special chip/code in them now. I know they usually say it takes 15 days to get it but DH and I have always received it back within 2 business days.

In Mass, you can renew on line every other expiration.

I'm still trying to figure out how that AZ poster got her license in 1998 and it doesn't expire until 2032.. ( post #30)

I moved to Arizona 5 years ago and my husband and We both noticed our licenses expired on our 65th birthday so mine was actually valid for over 20 years before I have to renew. Sounds really weird to me, but that is what it says.

tsa rules require an unexpired licensed or unexpired passport...it depends on how closely they look at it...

For US flights it can be expired for 1 year. Not sure about cruise. Check out TSA.gov.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Let me clarify....#1 I already renewed my license back in may...my license expired in July....I was two months early in renewing so I did think ahead. Problem is my id got lost in the mail apparently. I do have the printout from the Texas DMV saying that paper is now my DL....so I think worst case that printout and my old dl with my photo will work. In addition I could bring my passport also with my picture on it even though its expired. I will have my birth certificate with me too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reading comprehension is not some people's strong points. I understood that you had renewed it but it was lost in mail. Normally the printout and old DL while waiting for new one would work but many states the paper or temp license is only good for so long. Obviously if an expiration date, try to get DMV to issue a new temp one. I wish you luck.

Archived