too cold to snorkel in November

fatbird

I've been reading the sugggestions on where to go to snorkel, but don't know if I want to do that if it's too cold. I'll be there November 23. Has anyone enjoyed snorkeling at that time of year?

I assume you are referring to Half Moon Cay, as it appears you will be on Eurodam.

The water around HMC isn't as warm as points further south in the Caribbean. But you should be able to snorkel. Have been in the water in December, although not for extended periods for snorkeling.

None of the Bahama Islands are in the Caribbean...it's the Atlantic....so it could be cool to those accustomed to warmer waters in Nov. It could be refreshing to "take a dip" if the sun is hot......expect Florida temps in Nov. in and around the Bahamas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been reading the sugggestions on where to go to snorkel, but don't know if I want to do that if it's too cold. I'll be there November 23. Has anyone enjoyed snorkeling at that time of year?

I snorkeled in Coco Cay in November 2 years ago. Water was great, we snorkeled in just swim suits. Loved it and would definitely snorkel/swim in the Cays that time of year again! Enjoy!:D

Archived