2 days to sail - funding OBC

I think I'm missing something. I don't mean to pry, but why would one want to do this?

Some people (myself included) like to have as much of a cruise as possible "paid off" before they sail. I find coming off a cruise depressing enough, without having a hefty credit card bill to worry about afterwards! ;)

I think I'm missing something. I don't mean to pry, but why would one want to do this?

If one does not want to have a $60pp per day hold on their credit card then they have to make a cash deposit upon boarding or have OBC to cover the hold.

In my case I have driven to Ft Lauderdale for most of my cruises. The prepaid account ($60/day) covers my expenses with a refund of enough to pay for my drive home. Therefore, I get home with everything settled and no worries whatsoever.

On my last cruise I spent 4 days in Canada after the cruise and the refund covered my spending money there. Again came home with no bills outstanding.

Rich

Archived