Mayan mystique 1/13/13 which ports use tender?

Roccoforte

It would have been nice for you to post the ports, so that we don't have to look them up. Anywho, here's what I know:

Cozumel, Costa Maya, Santo Tomas (Guatemala), Key West, all docked.

Belize, tendered. In fact the port has special large high-speed tenders that are used instead of the ship's tenders, since you're docked a fair distance out from shore.

Thanks for the question and the answers. Iwas wondering myself (we are on the same cruise!)

In Feb. there were 2 docking locations for Roatan. We (Marina) docked at Mahogany Bay, although I hear that the much larger ships sometimes aren't able to dock there. There are shops there, but not much there, although there might have been a few excursion booths. We arranged something else (motorcycle rental - not for everyone, and prob not for me again - a little scary). For private excursions, anything not obtained from the few vendors allowed in the port terminal area, you have to walk abt. 10 mins. (maybe 5 if you're fast) to meet the vendor as they are not allowed to come in the port in the morning. First you'll walk through the shops (of course!!) and out the gate and down the hill. You'll see a bunch of people holding signs, with their cars/vans parked off the street. Just FYI - no big deal for most, but thought I'd mention it. Of course, your vendor will know where you're scheduled to dock (and probably also if there's a last minute change!!) and he/she will know that a little wait is involved. (When we met ours and was taken to West End for the rental, we were told "Wow! I've never had anyone get here this fast!" I don't know if that just means that the other ships are slower to dock and let people off, or if most people get stopped by the stores along the way, but we definitely surprised him by our promptness!) On the way back, all vendors can come directly to the port, however. There are also a few cabs at the port, at least when we left and came back.

Archived