Adding second passenger to a SINGLE RATE cabin

I was on hold for 45 minutes with PRincess yesterday and gave up, hoping you guys can answer this for me:

If i call to add a passenger to my daughter's cabin which currently is booked at

a single passenger rate, will I pay the CURRENT PRICE of TWO in that catagory?

the reason I ask is the rate has gone up since I booked her cabin and now is more per person than we would have paid when we booked her cabin.

does that make sense??

thank you for any information you can provide!

Assuming your daughter's fare includes a 100% charge for the "phantom" passenger less port charges/fees, I would think the addition of the 2nd passenger would only result in the charging of the port charges/fees.

Great question - I've always wondered about that. Also, what if your child decided to ask a friend - making it four instead of three in your cabin - what would they fourth person's rate be? current price or price when you booked?

I was on hold for 45 minutes with PRincess yesterday and gave up, hoping you guys can answer this for me:

If i call to add a passenger to my daughter's cabin which currently is booked at

a single passenger rate, will I pay the CURRENT PRICE of TWO in that catagory?

the reason I ask is the rate has gone up since I booked her cabin and now is more per person than we would have paid when we booked her cabin.

does that make sense??

thank you for any information you can provide!

Please let us know what you learn. I've always been interested in this issue because it has come CLOSE to happening once.

The single rate is not always at 200%, i.e., per-person rate x2. It depends on the cabin category and cruise. Sometimes, it's 150%, sometimes more. That said, it's my understanding that when you add a second person to the booking, the rate is the per-person rate at the time of booking plus port fees and taxes. For instance, if the solo person is paying $1,000 for the cabin (not taking into account the port fees and taxes) and the per-person rate is $600, adding the second person means they would each pay $600 for a total of $1,200 (plus port fees and taxes.)

I've done this a number of times. The per-person fare for that cabin at the time of booking will be charged. There will be additional taxes, port fees and insurance fees (if appropriate) for the second person.

I've done this a number of times. The per-person fare for that cabin at the time of booking will be charged. There will be additional taxes, port fees and insurance fees (if appropriate) for the second person.

This was my experience as well the one time I did it. I was definitely in a cabin that charged 200% for solo so Pam's comment might affect the outcome should the cabin originally booked by one that was booked solo at 150%

Archived