Registering for CruiseCritic Parties on Solstice

GayenJerry

We booked thru CruCon for B2B New Zealand and Australia cruises for Jan 28 - March 4 and Celebrity site won't permit us to register for the Cruise Critic mix and mingle party(s). When I called Celebrity, they said we are not "officially" reserved until we pay the full amount. We have paid the full down payment and the full amount is not due until October! Is anyone else having this problem?

We booked thru CruCon for B2B New Zealand and Australia cruises for Jan 28 - March 4 and Celebrity site won't permit us to register for the Cruise Critic mix and mingle party(s). When I called Celebrity, they said we are not "officially" reserved until we pay the full amount. We have paid the full down payment and the full amount is not due until October! Is anyone else having this problem?

Did you try to click the "Meet and Mingle" tab that's on the Cruise Critic Main page. I've never needed to pay in full prior to registering for a gathering. Just needed Reservation number, date of sailing and name.

Another rep giving you incorrrect information:eek:....you may certainly

have a booking number you can sign up.:)

Another rep giving you incorrrect information:eek:....you may certainly

have a booking number you can sign up.:)

Agree, occasionally the site has issues but persistance usually works.:D

Are you guys maybe part of a group booking? I only ask, because I'm constantly nagging folks on my roll-calls to sign up for the Connections Parties. But, sometimes they don't yet have a reservation number to sign up with, if they are part of a large group. You might contact your TA and ask about that. Don't worry -- you can register for the Party whenever you get your number. ;)

Are you guys maybe part of a group booking? I only ask, because I'm constantly nagging folks on my roll-calls to sign up for the Connections Parties. But, sometimes they don't yet have a reservation number to sign up with, if they are part of a large group. You might contact your TA and ask about that. Don't worry -- you can register for the Party whenever you get your number. ;)

I just assumed that the site was playing up again like a month or so back. I also assumed that he had a number, without which otherwise you can not register. :D

Even when you are part of a group, if your deposit has been paid to Celebrity, you will have an individual reservation number.

I`ve never had a problem signing up for the Connections Party and I was in a group on the Millennium on May 27, 2012.

Even when you are part of a group, if your deposit has been paid to Celebrity, you will have an individual reservation number.

I`ve never had a problem signing up for the Connections Party and I was in a group on the Millennium on May 27, 2012.

Elena&seas -- I don't really understand it either, since we've never booked that way. All I know is what has been reported on my various roll-call threads. :o

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share some insight on this. Several months ago, a CC member reported a similar issue. I spent quite a bit of time researching this, and was advised that if your TA is booking you as part of a Group, you *may* have temporary issues registering for the Meet & Mingle.

I was also advised, that when everyone in the Group is deposited, you should then be able to register for the Meet & Mingle. Please keep in mind, this situation is infrequent, and only happens (that I know of) with TA Group bookings.

At any rate, it shouldn't be a major concern, as this resolves itself long before your sailing date.

Here is the registation link for the Meet & Mingle, : https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do . I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share some insight on this. Several months ago, a CC member reported a similar issue. I spent quite a bit of time researching this, and was advised that if your TA is booking you as part of a Group, you *may* have temporary issues registering for the Meet & Mingle.

I was also advised, that when everyone in the Group is deposited, you should then be able to register for the Meet & Mingle. Please keep in mind, this situation is infrequent, and only happens (that I know of) with TA Group bookings.

At any rate, it shouldn't be a major concern, as this resolves itself long before your sailing date.

Here is the registation link for the Meet & Mingle, : https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do . I hope this helps !

Thanks for clearing up the issue Andy.:D

Andy, Thanks for the information. I was under the impression I had to be paid in full to sign up for the Connections Party. I am going on the Summit September 2013 and do not have to pay till next Spring. I am on the roll call for this upcoming trip. Will sign up when the Connections Party is available. Was told we had to wait till sometime in Sept., 2012.

Are you familiar with Holland America cruises? We are going with friends in February and they do not do Cruise Critic. I did check the threads, but do not see any roll call for the cruise I'm doing. I think it was you that gave me the threads to check. Figured if no one started a thread yet, there wouldn't be much interest. I do enjoy the Connection Party.

Thanks again for any more information. :)

Archived