Caribbean Princess

joschwin

considering the Caribbean Princess to Canada New England in Sept out of NY.

Are there many restaurants on board that you pay extra for?

I have never traveled on Princess before and am considering an inside becasue of the itinerary I am thinking I would probably not use the balcany very often and because of such late notice the ocean views are not available or very limited by obstructed view.

Any thought on the inside rooms?

considering the Caribbean Princess to Canada New England in Sept out of NY.

I have never traveled on Princess before and am considering an inside becasue of the itinerary I am thinking I would probably not use the balcany very often and because of such late notice the ocean views are not available or very limited by obstructed view.

Any thought on the inside rooms?

There's the Crown Grill (steakhouse) and Sabatini's (Italian). Those are your extra pay restaurants.

No thoughts on insides; would never consider one.

Although we too have not cruised in one, we were booked in one on this ship earlier this year. However, the upgrade fairy kindly visited us.

We have seen these cabins and they are the same as outside ones, with no downgrading of facilities. Just the obvious difference !

One of the charms of Princess is that it is essentially a one class line. Thus, your dining companions and whoever you meet on board are more often than not as likely to be in an inside as a suite

We cruised the Canada/NE itinerary on the CB last September in an inside room.

The room was comfortable with a good layout - better IMO than the oceanview cabin that we had on the CB previously.

The itinerary was very port intensive so we didn't spend much time in the room at all. We had a great cruise.

Best of all IMHO, since you have not been on a ship with one before, there is the International Cafe. With specialty coffees, sandwiches, pastries, cakes, cookies and other fantastic fare, and all FREE except the special coffees. Not to be missed. If your inside room is on Plaza deck, you will be easy walk away.

Enjoy the voyage.

Doug

PS: Look around this board and you will find pictures of the IC that will make you very ready to go.

There are quite a few ways to approach your choice of cabins. If you really need daylight to feel awake and alert, then an inside cabin would not be a good choice for you. On the other hand, inside cabins are very economical and with the money you save, you could enjoy the specialty restaurants if you choose.

I have stayed in every type of Princess cabin, like them all, and book according to what my budget is for that particular trip. Right now, I always have to figure air fare into the equation but have a suite, balcony, and inside cabins booked for my future cruises. I'm excited about all of them. :)

We have our 15th Princess Cruise booked in Nov, 10 of which have been inside. Like you, we always consider ports and how much time we will be off the ship. Never been disappointed. Princess has wonderful closet space and a "dressing area" so that the room is divided and plenty comfortable. I agree with the above posters, get a coffee card, go to Sabatini's and enjoy the full Princess experience. Sue

considering the Caribbean Princess

There's the Crown Grill (steakhouse) and Sabatini's (Italian). Those are your extra pay restaurants.

And the no charge eating places:

o Main dining rooms (you will be assigned to either Traditional or Anytime)

o Buffet

o Pizza

o Hamberger grill

o Soft service ice cream counter

o International Cafe

o Room service (except for party platters and $3 pizza delivery charge)

Of course, at any of these sodas, bottled water, mocktails and alcoholic beverages are extra.

Archived