New here- recommendations for a short cruise

Hello all! My husband & I want to try out Royal Caribbean so I thought I might try a short Bahama cruise in December.

I am not sure of the ports yes that Royal sales out of, I am in Georgia & want to drive, so close is good.Do you have a port preference or is it just based on the length, not really an option?

Can you recommend a good ship, I am sure they are all good but I am new to this line. Would love some input for a 3/4 day cruise, your preference?

How about price. If I stay in between Thanksgiving & Christmas, can I still get a good price in December or do I need to wait until January?

Much Appreciated!! :D

Our first was the 4 day majesty of the seas. But a 4 day is really just a sampling. That said, the Majesty sails out of Miami. The Monarch sails out of Port Canaveral but you'll have a sea day on the 4 day trip and you'd miss Key West.

I would recommend a 4 or 5 night sailing on Liberty of the Seas. Liberty does not go to the Bahamas, but it is a great ship with lots to do! Majesty of the Seas is a good ship, but is one of the oldest in the fleet. Liberty of the Seas is 5 years old and offers many more options over Majesty.

To learn more about Liberty of the Seas click here.

Suggest you take a look at the 4 or 5 night sailings on the Jewel of the Seas out of Tampa ( not a bad drive from Georgia). The Jewel is a good representation of RCCL ships. Not sure if the Jewel goes the Bahamas but there are other short Caribbean itineraries.

M

Hello all! My husband & I want to try out Royal Caribbean so I thought I might try a short Bahama cruise in December.

I am not sure of the ports yes that Royal sales out of, I am in Georgia & want to drive, so close is good.Do you have a port preference or is it just based on the length, not really an option?

Can you recommend a good ship, I am sure they are all good but I am new to this line. Would love some input for a 3/4 day cruise, your preference?

How about price. If I stay in between Thanksgiving & Christmas, can I still get a good price in December or do I need to wait until January?

Much Appreciated!! :D

i would check out Liberty of the seas, sailing out of fort lauderdale for november or december very nice ship

Liberty is a great choice but will most likely be more expensive than Jewel, Monarch and Majesty. After Thanksgiving but before Christmas break should have very attractive pricing. I would think Jewel and Monarch would be a much shorter drive for you than Liberty and Majesty. If price and driving distance don't matter I would pick Liberty hands down.

Jewel is a great ship, took a (5) night on her in February this year and we are also on Liberty (5) night in November. I would not do any cruise less than 4 nights. I have done a (3) before, and if you have to do any kind of traveling (either flying or a distance drive to the port) it's too short-different atmosphere on the 3 night cruises also, definately more of a weekend party atmosphere.....

Monarch out of Port Canaveral and Majesty out of Miami are both great for 3 night getaways. Goes to Nassau and CocoCay. Love CocoCay, just a great beach day and a beautiful island.

However, I have to agree with the other for Dec. Liberty out of Fort Lauderdale is awesome. Great ship, so much to do, 4 night cruise. 2 days at sea and a day in Cozumel.

Hi,

+1 for Liberty of the Seas...4 day.

This ship will knock your socks off.

It is the only 'Freedom class' ship with a

4/5 day schedule in FL. You get more stuff:

Wave Rider, Rock Wall, Mini Golf, Johnny Rockets,

Portofino, Chops, Jade, 'Saturday Night Fever',

'In the Air', awesome 'Ice Shows', Headliner shows,

Quest, Deck Parties, Live Bands. I know I'm leaving

something out.

Start with the best 4 day cruise...compare prices...

worth the drive, trust me.

Maxx, out.

:cool:

Hi,

+1 for Liberty of the Seas...4 day.

This ship will knock your socks off.

It is the only 'Freedom class' ship with a

4/5 day schedule in FL. You get more stuff:

Wave Rider, Rock Wall, Mini Golf, Johnny Rockets,

Portofino, Chops, Jade, 'Saturday Night Fever',

'In the Air', awesome 'Ice Shows', Headliner shows,

Quest, Deck Parties, Live Bands. I know I'm leaving

something out.

Start with the best 4 day cruise...compare prices...

worth the drive, trust me.

Maxx, out.

:cool:

Agree....great ship

We've done both the 3-night and 4-night (about 16 years apart) Bahamas. You'll get all port days. I'd suggest the one that also includes Key West. You'll see Nassau and CocoCay, Royal's private island. I enjoyed the pirate museum in Nassau. Not sure you need to book from the ship, because they don't drive you to the museum. It's a few blocks walk from the ship.

We've done a lot of cruising in December & January, and I'd suggest either the week before Christmas, or wait until after the first of the year. Christmas and New Years cruises are the most expensive, but I hear they have Santa for the kids.

Have you read reviews?

I would strongly suggest trying to do 7 days.

Could not imagine doing less.

I would recommend a 4 or 5 night sailing on Liberty of the Seas. Liberty does not go to the Bahamas, but it is a great ship with lots to do! Majesty of the Seas is a good ship, but is one of the oldest in the fleet. Liberty of the Seas is 5 years old and offers many more options over Majesty.

To learn more about Liberty of the Seas click here.

What she said!

I absolutely agree that Liberty is worth the extra time on the road (sails out of Ft. Lauderdale).

I will chime in on the Liberty love. It is a great ship and it is wonderful that you have the option for a shorter cruise on a ship of that caliber. I will always pick here over Majesty or Monarch given the chance.

With that said Independence of the Seas is a sister ship to Liberty and will be doing one 3 day cruise on December 5th out of Ft lauderdale. You might want to look into that as well. Independence will be doing 6 and 8 day cruises for the rest of the season it is stateside.

You have gotten alot of good advice, here is alittle more. WE went on LOS last year on DEC 16. By the our final payment was due we were able to call and get a gauranteed balcony for $700 total. We drove from exit 7 in Ga. around 6am with plenty of time just driving easy. Any time betwwen Dec1 and 15th is uually cheaper then hurricane prices.After getting off the Liberty we drove to cape canaveral and got on the Monarch That was $300.00 We got that as a last minute fare on the RCI site 7 days before we left for the liberty. If driving is your concern you can lock into a carnival cruise for under $600 now that goes out of Jax Fl Dec 8. I sure it will go down.

you have gotten alot of good advice, here is alittle more. We went on los last year on dec 16. By the our final payment was due we were able to call and get a gauranteed balcony for $700 total. We drove from exit 7 in ga. Around 6am with plenty of time just driving easy. Any time betwwen dec1 and 15th is uually cheaper then hurricane prices.after getting off the liberty we drove to cape canaveral and got on the monarch that was $300.00 we got that as a last minute fare on the rci site 7 days before we left for the liberty. If driving is your concern you can lock into a carnival cruise for under $600 now that goes out of jax fl dec 8. I sure it will go down.
they wouldnt let me edit this so i quoted my own to give you the extra info

Sorry it late at night and I try again. You can reserve a Cat I, 4 day cruise on the monarh for under $700 now.I recommend a I because they are the cheepest oceanview cabin and you can get one without a obstructed view just serch this site and you can find them or come back and I will post them. The price wil lcome down as it gets closer and they cant fill it up, By the way I only cruise in Dec.

Op doesnt seemto be looking anymore, but if someone is, the Independence has a 3 day Bamaha in eary Dec. around the same price as the Sovereign class ships. Hello Molly talked to you on the Liberty last year.We will be on her again on the 13th.

Archived