Ocean View cabins on the Summit

cruzinlady1947

...and here is a picture from another thread showing the newly refurbished Category 6 ocean view cabins on Deck 3 port side (aft of the Grand Foyer) with the much larger round windows:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150638723905879&set=a.10150637763565879.448779.92998025878&type=3&theater

Edited by dmwnc1959

We got our cabin assignment for our Summit cruise. We are in 6010 forward. Way forward, but I think it will be OK. Already ordered new luggage tags, so I don't want to change it again. Unless they would upgrade us to something better. One can always hope for that, but never happened before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Gwen :)

Hi Gwen,

It's Pat from our Forum. A friend we met on the infinity had a forward cabin which they found to be really nice. One tiny drawback was that they had to close their curtains when they put on the light in the evening. One night they forgot and an officer came down from the bridge to ask them to close it because of the reflection. I think the Summit is a different class of ship and it is a very small matter anyway. But we did have a laugh as she was in the shower and thinking it was her husband answered with just a towel round her!:eek:

Hi Gwen,

It's Pat from our Forum. A friend we met on the infinity had a forward cabin which they found to be really nice. One tiny drawback was that they had to close their curtains when they put on the light in the evening. One night they forgot and an officer came down from the bridge to ask them to close it because of the reflection. I think the Summit is a different class of ship and it is a very small matter anyway. But we did have a laugh as she was in the shower and thinking it was her husband answered with just a towel round her!:eek:

Thanks for the warning Pat. I remember on our last cruise I was in the cabin taking a nap when I heard a knocking. I thought it was someone knocking on the door in the next cabin. Next thing I new someone was in my cabin. They were delivering something. Thank goodness I was napping in my clothes. LOL :o

Here are some pictures that I shot using my iPhone and downloaded via Tapatalk during a LIVE thread I did last year on the Celebrity Millennium. Since all the ocean view cabins are pretty much the same on this class of ship, here are pictures of my cabin (showing the round window) which was on Deck 2 #2150 amidships Category 7:

d0727167-e8fe-d97d.jpg

You can see my carry-on luggage inside the window sill to the left

d0727167-e90f-10e8.jpg

Love the space below the window. Hopefully ours will be like that. Window in the new cabins looks great too.

Thanks for the pictures.

The cabins look really nice. We have never been in one. The cabin crawl will be really good to see other cabins. We have a balcony for our special cruises but if there is a good deal we go inside. We have had some wonderful 'extra' cruises inside and plenty of sleep! It is nice to have a balcony but they are sometimes so expensive that you could almost get another cruise. So an outside cabin would seem a n idea and perhaps we wouldn't sleep as long!

The cabins look really nice. We have never been in one. The cabin crawl will be really good to see other cabins. We have a balcony for our special cruises but if there is a good deal we go inside. We have had some wonderful 'extra' cruises inside and plenty of sleep! It is nice to have a balcony but they are sometimes so expensive that you could almost get another cruise. So an outside cabin would seem a n idea and perhaps we wouldn't sleep as long!

We've had balconies too and I love them, but the price has to be right. And we always oversleep at least once on a cruise where we are in an inside cabin. But, that is usually a good thing. :p The cabins do look pretty nice. I like the big round window. I too, am anxious to see the various cabins on the cabin crawl. Getting so anxious.

Now, back to work. :( I just have to stay away from these boards or I will never get anything done. :eek:

We got our cabin assignment for our Summit cruise. We are in 6010 forward. Way forward, but I think it will be OK. Already ordered new luggage tags, so I don't want to change it again. Unless they would upgrade us to something better. One can always hope for that, but never happened before.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Those deck 6 cabins tend to be a little different animal than most of the oceanview cabins. You might do a search on them. I was thinking about booking one last year but wound up getting one on deck 3.

Those deck 6 cabins tend to be a little different animal than most of the oceanview cabins. You might do a search on them. I was thinking about booking one last year but wound up getting one on deck 3.

Thanks. I checked it out. I think we will be happy with it. It's on a ship. What's not to like? I am sure I have been in worse. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Mardi Gras. Now, that was one bad cabin, but we still had a good time. Of course, that was only for 2 nights, not 14.:p We don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway. I have never experienced a bad cruise. Just some were better than others. Then again, there's a first time for everything.:eek:

Thanks. I checked it out. I think we will be happy with it. It's on a ship. What's not to like? I am sure I have been in worse. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Mardi Gras. Now, that was one bad cabin, but we still had a good time. Of course, that was only for 2 nights, not 14.:p We don't spend that much time in the cabin anyway. I have never experienced a bad cruise. Just some were better than others. Then again, there's a first time for everything.:eek:

Hi Gwen:) you sailed Mardi Gras? That had to be a long time ago.

My family went on "Carnivale" back in 1993. I think they were sister

ships. We went for a 3 night cruise to celebrate my parent's 50th

Wedding Anniversary.....I remember one of my sister's and bil asked

me to switch cabins with them......I think mine was a teeney bit

larger than theirs:eek:......memory tells me they were both on the

small side though......oh that was an inside cabin;)

Hi Gwen:) you sailed Mardi Gras? That had to be a long time ago.

My family went on "Carnivale" back in 1993. I think they were sister

ships. We went for a 3 night cruise to celebrate my parent's 50th

Wedding Anniversary.....I remember one of my sister's and bil asked

me to switch cabins with them......I think mine was a teeney bit

larger than theirs:eek:......memory tells me they were both on the

small side though......oh that was an inside cabin;)

Yes, it was in 1991. After that cruise, I am surprised we wanted to go on another one. Had fun, but the cabin was the pits. When we were leaving Nassau, the Fantasy ship was coming into harbor. My husband said he wanted to go on that one. So the very next month, we were on it. Boy, what a difference. That ship was new at the time. Boy, how things have changed. At least for the better. :p

Yes, it was in 1991. After that cruise, I am surprised we wanted to go on another one. Had fun, but the cabin was the pits. When we were leaving Nassau, the Fantasy ship was coming into harbor. My husband said he wanted to go on that one. So the very next month, we were on it. Boy, what a difference. That ship was new at the time. Boy, how things have changed. At least for the better. :p

LOL...yes things have definitely improved. But I have to admit, due

to the family celebration it was a wonderful time:)...for more than

just their anniversary. My Mom was in between Chemo sessions...

I had my date wrong...we sailed in Oct 1992.......and she passed

away in Feb 1993....so my folks had their Golden Anniversary

together. I have a picture of us boarding the ship on a bookshelf

here at home. I was so much thinner:eek:

• 1 year later...

Thanks for your help.

We will have this same cabin on the Constellation. What is your opinion of this cabin? Thank you.

I have heard about those cabins. I am quite sure it will not be one of them. I am not that lucky. I am just happy that it will not be a small porthole. I was told that it will probably be a forward cabin. We are fine with that. I should find out next week, as our cruise is early Sept. Hopefully I will have time to order luggage tags. Again..... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

We have always had balcony cabins on over 70 cruises, but in Oct.2013 we paid for 3 oceanview cabins for the two of us and 4 of our friends. We could not afford to pay for 3 veranda cabins and we wanted to have all 3 cabins together. We were on Deck 2 for two weeks. At first we were a bit concerned about being somewhat claustrophobic in an oceanview cabin for 2 weeks. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the window....4 feet across and four feet high...and the size of the room. To be honest with you, we did not miss the balcony at all and often during the two weeks wondered why we had spent all that money all those years on veranda cabins when the oceanview cabin was so nice! Check my youtube video for our Oct 19-26,2013 cruise on the Summit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsIQadfAyA

At the beginning of the video(5:35) there are several photos of the cabin and the window.

The Oceanview cabins that were put in during the recent refurb on Deck 3 have huge windows. They are converted meeting rooms. Staterooms 3112 thru 3144 are excellent. Windows are huge. We stayed in one of them a couple of months ago. They are the best. Great location on the ship.

Thanks for posting this! I haven't sailed Celebrity in a long time and didn't know about these new cabins :D