Mariner rewards points

sparkydog9

I will be just short of 3 stars after my April '13 cruise, I think I need something like 3 days to bump it up to next level. Do I need to travel on a HAL ship to get the three days(would be following year), or will any cruise on a ship under the Carnival umbrella add to my mariner points?

It must be an HAL ship and you will not get the benefit of the next Star Level achieved until the cruise following the one on which you attained the new level.

There have been some exceptions made to that such as Grand Voyage and some here report on Collectors Cruise, they were granted the benefits the second segment of their cruise.

If you book any cabin which has the name 'suite' in the description on the HAL deck plans, you get double days. If your cruise is 7 days, you will be awarded 14 days and any spending will add one more day per each $300 you spend.

Sail's is right, you will need to go on two more cruises, one to get the rest of the points you need to get to '3' stars ...

OP said:

I will be just short of 3 stars after my April '13 cruise,

All they need to do is spend $900 on board that cruise.

jtl513

All they need to do is spend $900 on board that cruise.

The point is that it would take one cruise, even if only a few days plus spending, to qualify for the next higher star level and that the new star level wouldn't kick in until the next cruise.

Right. :)

The new Star would be earned on one cruise but would not be available for benefits to be used until a second cruise...... the next one after reaching the new Star level.

I think we're all saying the same thing but in a different way.

And the 4 star status isn't worth much if you stay in Deluxe or PS Suite since you already get many of those perks.. And for those of who don't a lot of wine -- worthless.

We drink wine with dinner but don't like the Wine Navigator Package. We bought it once and cancelled it the first night. We get no discount on any of the wines we purchase.

Archived