HAL MS Veendam New York - Montreal sailing sept 2, 2012

RFLS

Hello cruise lovers, I am sailing on HAL MS Veendam leaving from New York on sept 2.

I wonder if somebody can advise me some good tours / walks / things to do on this cruise.

We will be going to the ports:

* Gloucester, Massachusetts, VS ==> Is it possible to visit Boston?

* Bar Harbor, Maine, VS

* Saint John, New Brunswick, CA

* Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA

* Sydney, Canada

* Charlottetown, Prins Edwardeiland, CA

* Gaspe, Québec, Canada

* Saguenay, Canada

* Québec City, Québec, CA

* Montréal, Québec, CA

I look forward to your respons.

Thanks and kind regards

RFLS

First welcome to Cruise Critic.

Secondly here is the link for your cruise roll call. You can meet other passenger going on the same cruise and discuss ports and tours.

September 2, 2012 NYC to Montreal - Cruise Critic Message Boards

and here is a link where you can find out information about your ports.

Ports of Call - Cruise Critic Message Boards

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

In Bar Harbor you might like to take Oli's Trolley -- we did the 2 hour one -- to Arcadia National Park -- Cadillac Mountain.

Halifax -- you can take the Hop Off / Hop On trolley around town and get off and on at various toursit sites. There is the Cabot Trail, Bay of Funday to see and also the Cape Breton Island. And of course there is Peggy's Cove. There is a board walk here that you can walk and see lots of things.

Charolettetown -- we have done Ann of Green Cables tour and also walked around town. There is a street car tour of the town -- waste of money since everything is so handy to the pier. Great food at the Lobster Wharf right by the pier where the ship docks.

Sydney -- not much here -- the town has very little in the way of stores. We did a tour that included seeing Alexander Graham Bell's Museum. A good place to eat is the Governor's House/Pub.

Quebec City -- you can easily walk here -- hilly -- but lots to see. There is also the Montmorency Falls not to far from town.

R - Welcome to CC - I am glad to finally see you posting! You can count on CC members to help you out with your cruise plans.!

Hello there! It took a lott of effort but I made it and I now I am finding my way. It is not easy but I am suprised of all the help.

Thanks for your help getting me on CC

:D

Say hai to your husband!

Greetings

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

In Bar Harbor you might like to take Oli's Trolley -- we did the 2 hour one -- to Arcadia National Park -- Cadillac Mountain.

Halifax -- you can take the Hop Off / Hop On trolley around town and get off and on at various toursit sites. There is the Cabot Trail, Bay of Funday to see and also the Cape Breton Island. And of course there is Peggy's Cove. There is a board walk here that you can walk and see lots of things.

Charolettetown -- we have done Ann of Green Cables tour and also walked around town. There is a street car tour of the town -- waste of money since everything is so handy to the pier. Great food at the Lobster Wharf right by the pier where the ship docks.

Sydney -- not much here -- the town has very little in the way of stores. We did a tour that included seeing Alexander Graham Bell's Museum. A good place to eat is the Governor's House/Pub.

Quebec City -- you can easily walk here -- hilly -- but lots to see. There is also the Montmorency Falls not to far from town.

Thank you very much for your help!! Appriciate it!

Enjoy your cruises

Different cruise but most of the ports you will be visiting are in the highlighted reviews of our MS Masadam Repositioning Cruise we took a few years ago. Maybe will give you some ideas as to what to see and do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1083475&highlight=foliagers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994440&highlight=wang+recipe

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived