Airfare to S. America increased since 2011?

luvcruisn'

I am tentatively booked on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Rio for next January. I checked the airfares, and they are just under double the fare that I paid on an internet site last year to get from Vancouver, BC, to Santiago, Chile. Anyone noticed any changes in fares?

Besides the higher airfare I hope you know you must have a visa for Brazil and it costs about $118 per person. If you don't have a Brazilian consulate you will also need to pay a visa service to get the visa for you. They'll need your passport since the visa needs to be put in your passport by the Brazilian consul.

We did a ta that ended in Rio.

I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

I am tentatively booked on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Rio for next January. I checked the airfares' date=' and they are just under double the fare that I paid on an internet site last year to get from Vancouver, BC, to Santiago, Chile. Anyone noticed any changes in fares?[/quote']

Yes, I can hardly afford to fly anymore. Airfare has really gotten expensive inside the states and certainly flying abroad.

Besides the higher airfare I hope you know you must have a visa for Brazil and it costs about $118 per person. If you don't have a Brazilian consulate you will also need to pay a visa service to get the visa for you. They'll need your passport since the visa needs to be put in your passport by the Brazilian consul.

We did a ta that ended in Rio.

I know you will have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you. Yes, I have a Brazilian visa - one of the reasons I want to cruise to Brazil now, is so that I can use the Visa once more before it expires in 2014. Luckily, we have a Brazilian consulate in Vancouver, although there was a lot to do to get the Visa, including a letter from my employer stating that I was still employed there.

I had to pay almost $300 to fly up to Pittsburgh to see my mother, and I'm paying almost $400 to fly to FLL for my upcoming cruise in November. I'm attending a conference in upstate NY in September, and the ticket was close to $500. Flights are expensive to everywhere.

Roz

I had to pay almost $300 to fly up to Pittsburgh to see my mother, and I'm paying almost $400 to fly to FLL for my upcoming cruise in November. I'm attending a conference in upstate NY in September, and the ticket was close to $500. Flights are expensive to everywhere.

Roz

I'm in Knoxville, and I fly to orlando for less than $50, to Ft.Lauderdale for less than $100 on Allegient. Don't know if they fly out of Nashville.

I have been flying back and forth to SA for the last 25 yrs.... Yes the fares are muchhhhh higher now.

Delta , LAN and Avianca seem to be the best bets recently. My mom just paid $1028 on United ( San Francisco to Sao Paulo) which is a good fare. Be persistent and creative in your search!

Archived