Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Originally Posted by NCTribeFan viewpost.gif

He also reiterated to me (he's mentioned this several times) that the entire loyalty program is a work-in-progress and that we should expect additional changes as Carnival has time to assess the impact of the already-implemented changes.

Change happens people. Stop expecting things to be exactly as they were in the past. Companies have to adapt; consumers do, too!

LIKE button pushed!

No matter what they say, it is NOT a test, it is a roll out. Other ships will have it. Thinking it is just a "test" is as dumb as posting "LIKE button pushed", I guess people are not aware that this is not Face Book!

It appears, so far at least, that these are capacity controlled per sailing.

What the number is, I don't know.

When I bought mine this morning there were only 13 tickets left, but I have no idea how many were bought before me.

I understand the anger at being able to buy these perks while some have had to earn them. Personally, I'm glad I have the option. I know we'll never be platinum or diamond since DH doesn't get paid time off (works for a small family owned business), so very rarely do we travel.

I'll make sure to mention how it all works out when I get back and do a review.

When I bought mine this morning there were only 13 tickets left, but I have no idea how many were bought before me.

I understand the anger at being able to buy these perks while some have had to earn them. Personally, I'm glad I have the option. I know we'll never be platinum or diamond since DH doesn't get paid time off (works for a small family owned business), so very rarely do we travel.

I'll make sure to mention how it all works out when I get back and do a review.

Your first cruise ever and you get all the perks.... Thats awesome If they had that back when I started whatever GF I was cruising with would probably have wanted it as well

Enjoy you first cruise Its addicting:D

No matter what they say, it is NOT a test, it is a roll out. Other ships will have it. Thinking it is just a "test" is as dumb as posting "LIKE button pushed", I guess people are not aware that this is not Face Book!

No need to be a jerk. :D

My PVP has told me many things well in advance of them happening. They DO know things that <gasp> may not be common knowledge on Cruise Critic, despite the fact that we are all-knowing on these boards. At least some are.

He told me over a year ago that the single deposit was going to double. He told me when I booked my 2nd Miracle cruise for Dec 2009 that Carnival was re-aligning the cabin categories and the aft balcony I was booking was going to go to a much higher category and cost much more. I reported it here and it happened a few weeks after.

He's said from the beginning that the changes to the loyalty program could continue change as they evaluated the reception/reaction of the Platinum & Diamond cruisers.

If he said it's a test, it's a test. That doesn't mean they won't roll it out to all the ships eventually. But if it truly were a roll out, why didn't they just do it across the board to start with?

If he said it's a test, it's a test. That doesn't mean they won't roll it out to all the ships eventually. But if it truly were a roll out, why didn't they just do it across the board to start with?

They have been known to try things, and then not implement it fleet wide. I recall when they started offering some of the entrees from the steakhouse in the MDR on a few ships: for $18 you got aged/prime steaks - I enjoyed that on the Inspiration last year. I think they just slowly let it die, I never really heard more about it. My guess is that there was not a sufficient number of people willing to fork over $18 in the "free" dining room.

I suspect in this case however that there will be ample people willing to "get to the fun" faster - and that, barring overwhelming complaints, will be what gives this the green light to go fleet wide. Time will tell!!

Tom

We will be on the August 25 Liberty cruise and have booked the FTTF pass for both of our cabins. A lot of others in my roll call have also booked it.

If this program works well and we enjoy our first Carnival cruise, Carnival will have gained some new best friends, and we will probably cancel our NCL and RCCL cruises for 2013 and switch to Carnival to save money. Since we need to travel in the summer or springbreak, Carnival always seems to have better options/prices for this time of year. This year's Carnival Liberty cruise is almost half the price compared to next year's RCCL Allure cruise and we got a balcony with Carnival not with RCCL.

I will be sure to come back and let you guys know how it turns out. ;)

They have been known to try things, and then not implement it fleet wide. I recall when they started offering some of the entrees from the steakhouse in the MDR on a few ships: for $18 you got aged/prime steaks - I enjoyed that on the Inspiration last year. I think they just slowly let it die, I never really heard more about it. My guess is that there was not a sufficient number of people willing to fork over $18 in the "free" dining room.

I suspect in this case however that there will be ample people willing to "get to the fun" faster - and that, barring overwhelming complaints, will be what gives this the green light to go fleet wide. Time will tell!!

Tom

my crystal ball tells me there will be more complaints coming from those that foolishly buy it.

even as a platinum, ii am made to wait behind bridal partis, dignitaries, and even handicapped.

now, these others will be waiting behind me.

if i paid for that, and was waiting waiting waiting, ii'd be po'd.

one time, as a vip, i ended up boarding after someone that started out in the line behind, and they weren't vip.

My main complaint all along as been that Carnival has a history of NOT being able to manage things like this well....

and guess what....

I just posted the loophole on John's Facebook page that proves my point.

Currently at Carnival if ONE VIP wants to....they can bring as many NON VIP cabins with them that they want to...

how? All they have to do is secure the Sail and Sign cards of these extra cabins with their credit card.

EVERYONE secured under a credit card must check in together....

this kind of cheating in the VIP lounge has been going on for years.

Guess what....ONE cabin buys the F2F and now brings as many other cabins with them as they want to BECAUSE.....they have secured their Sail and Sign cards with the one credit card.

Then AFTER they have gotten the special embarkion....they go Guest Services and change their Sail and Sign accounts.....

So there is NO WAY Carnival can control the capacity of this new program...

now this is yet another example of Carnival NOT knowing what they are doing...

OR another example of Carnival knowing that what they are telling VIP folks is not true..... yet again!!

We will be on the August 25 Liberty cruise and have booked the FTTF pass for both of our cabins. A lot of others in my roll call have also booked it.

If this program works well and we enjoy our first Carnival cruise, Carnival will have gained some new best friends, and we will probably cancel our NCL and RCCL cruises for 2013 and switch to Carnival to save money. Since we need to travel in the summer or springbreak, Carnival always seems to have better options/prices for this time of year. This year's Carnival Liberty cruise is almost half the price compared to next year's RCCL Allure cruise and we got a balcony with Carnival not with RCCL.

Have a great cruise! Let us know how the early into cabin works out..

My main complaint all along as been that Carnival has a history of NOT being able to manage things like this well....

and guess what....

Currently at Carnival if ONE VIP wants to....they can bring as many NON VIP cabins with them that they want to...

how? All they have to do is secure the Sail and Sign cards of these extra cabins with their credit card.

Guess what....ONE cabin buys the F2F and now brings as many other cabins with them as they want to BECAUSE.....they have secured their Sail and Sign cards with the one credit card.

Then AFTER they have gotten the special embarkion....they go Guest Services and change their Sail and Sign accounts.....

OR another example of Carnival knowing that what they are telling VIP folks is not true..... yet again!!

WOW I forgot about the CC loophole. :eek:

Our family too purchased it I see it for us as a family worth the money. We'll see you in line on the 25th

Jenn

Our family too purchased it I see it for us as a family worth the money. We'll see you in line on the 25th

Jenn

Look forward to meeting you and your family!!! For us, after spending a week in amusement parks, we are just hoping to avoid a long line to get on the ship LOL. :)

my crystal ball tells me there will be more complaints coming from those that foolishly buy it.

even as a platinum, ii am made to wait behind bridal partis, dignitaries, and even handicapped.

now, these others will be waiting behind me.

if i paid for that, and was waiting waiting waiting, ii'd be po'd.

one time, as a vip, i ended up boarding after someone that started out in the line behind, and they weren't vip.

LoL

Just LoL

and guess what....

What exactly is Carnival telling VIP's that is not true? It is clearly in print that those on the VIP's credit card are allowed to go in VIP boarding.

Why wouldnt you be able to afford the Epic

Its actually cheaper than CCL, there is an online TA that has some great group pricing for balconies. It also includes OBC

my 7 day liberty cruise is costing me 444 plus taxes, Epic is 700 or so... while it may not make a difference to some... I am only me... dont have a significant other to share with so it doubles for me.. My daughter is going on the Liberty with me... so that helps there.

My husband, myself, daughter, and 2 grandsons are sailing on the Liberty in October and when I went to do my on board account and put my daughter and her 2 son's on my CC account I was told that I could only add 2 addititional cabins. My husband is setting up his own account. I think the argument about being able to add as many cabins as you want on your S&S account is not correct. Carnival obviously has taken care of the "loophole" that was mentioned in an earlier post.

Elaine

So let me get this straight, for $50 a person gets to go through security with the Diamond and Platinum cruisers then watch as they board...lol. They get to wait in the tender line and watch as the D & P cruisers board tenders. They get to go straight to their cabins, but who's going to keep everyone else from doing the same. Hope they have the popcorn ready when you board, this should be interesting.

Actually, it is $50 per cabin. I think if it were $50 pp I would feel a lot better about this whole program.

Why wouldnt you be able to afford the Epic

Its actually cheaper than CCL, there is an online TA that has some great group pricing for balconies. It also includes OBC

Not during the holiday periods I can cruise during. The Epic (and Allure, etc.) is over $1,000 more for the same type cabin. Will have to wait a year or two till I retire to book at times that are cheaper!:)

My husband, myself, daughter, and 2 grandsons are sailing on the Liberty in October and when I went to do my on board account and put my daughter and her 2 son's on my CC account I was told that I could only add 2 addititional cabins. My husband is setting up his own account. I think the argument about being able to add as many cabins as you want on your S&S account is not correct. Carnival obviously has taken care of the "loophole" that was mentioned in an earlier post.

Elaine

Perhaps this is an online thingy. You can add them when you check in. No company has the right to restrict who you allow to use your credit card. Nor would they be silly enough to turn you down lol!

Elaine

So while not "unlimited" ...this controlled capacity would still be tripled.....

which mean the loophole is still there.... instead of the 100 extra people they are expecting...it could be 300....still a big difference.

What exactly is Carnival telling VIP's that is not true? It is clearly in print that those on the VIP's credit card are allowed to go in VIP boarding.

Carnival is saying they have "control" of the number of F2Fs that will be allowed to participate and this loophole means they do not.

Carnival is the one making a big deal about F2F being capacity controlled, because "supposedly" they are not even going to sell packages if there are to many Platinum/ Diamond booked.

When in reality with this loophole, Carnival does not have that control.

big surprise.....

Carnival is saying they have "control" of the number of F2Fs that will be allowed to participate and this loophole means they do not.

Carnival is the one making a big deal about F2F being capacity controlled, because "supposedly" they are not even going to sell packages if there are to many Platinum/ Diamond booked.

When in reality with this loophole, Carnival does not have that control.

big surprise.....

They have CONTROL over how many cabins will be sold. Do you have first hand knowledge that these same people have the ability ( which is clearly written) as platinum/diamond to put others on their credit cards and be allowed in the VIP area with them?

They have CONTROL over how many cabins will be sold. Do you have first hand knowledge that these same people have the ability ( which is clearly written) as platinum/diamond to put others on their credit cards and be allowed in the VIP area with them?

Yes, John Heald has even confirmed that this is possible at the VIP office today on his Facebook.

AND I have personally witnessed people walking up to the VIP office and saying... they are on my Credit Card.

So apparently you do not even have to do it on the Fun Pass....just when you get there.

Carnival having control on the number they sell....does not mean they have control on how many people will take advantage of the loophole...therefore,

currently Carnival does NOT have control.

Yes, John Heald has even confirmed that this is possible at the VIP office today on his Facebook.

AND I have personally witnessed people walking up to the VIP office and saying... they are on my Credit Card.

So apparently you do not even have to do it on the Fun Pass....just when you get there.

Carnival having control on the number they sell....does not mean they have control on how many people will take advantage of the loophole...therefore,

currently Carnival does NOT have control.

It was NEVER a rule for platinum to do it on the fun pass. They have been doing Platinum this way for years so I'm pretty sure they have a pretty good guesstimate because it has been working. So perhaps this is why there is a limit on how many they sell.

On paper it sounds like a great idea. But do you have to wait for the Plantinum and Diamond Cruisers to get their perks first? On paper Carnival says that this is what will happen, but I can see problems with the system working, especially if Carnival gets greddy and tries to overload it.

As long as we get to board first BEFORE the pay-to-boarders :rolleyes:, as has been suggested, I don't see the damage to any Platinum or Diamond card holders.

The VIP boarding is all I care about, and then not all that much. I don't do excursions and usually leave the ship later in foreign ports as well as home port, so early tender boarding or debarking isn't all that important either.

Maybe for a family of FOUR the 50 BUCKS might be a value, but for my money it would be like betting on the HARD EIGHT . . . a pure unabashed SUCKER BET.:D If it'll keep the price of cabins down, I'm all for it.

Archived