IF Oceania were do make ADULT ONLY cruising possible would you  

202 members have voted

1. 1. IF Oceania were do make ADULT ONLY cruising possible would you

• YES on Adult Only ship
    • NO way on adult only ship
    • Yes on an Adult Only Itinerary
    • NO way on an Adult Only Itinerary, I love kids
    • Maybe

I voted "adults only ship" and I wish the poll results weren't private.

I do not think anyone has to know who voted for what option

Seeing the total votes for each option is just fine & you can only vote once anyway

It is not like the cruiseline is going to implement changes based on the poll here;)

Yes Really ..P & O's Adonia is an R-ship used to be one of the Princess ships

I think some children are an exception to the rule but how does the cruise line only allow only the well behaved children to book a cruise :confused:

Anyway the poll is interesting results so far

Maybe the Marketing dept could do their own poll, just send it out with one of those many brochures that come in the mail each week.....just a thought

Lyn

I think some children are an exception to the rule but how does the cruise line only allow only the well behaved children to book a cruise :confused:

Anyway the poll is interesting results so far

Maybe the Marketing dept could do their own poll, just send it out with one of those many brochures that come in the mail each week.....just a thought

Lyn

I would not agree that a well behaved child is an exception to the rule. Most posts on this board suggest that horror kids are more often the exception, and not a big issue on Oceania. Many posters seem to indicate finding a child on an Oceania cruise is a challenge. The exception seems to be the Caribbean during US holidays, but then what else would you expect.

I agree that rules concerning behaviour and safety need to be followed with respect to Children and Adults. For me it is similar to the smoking issue. Should smokers not be permitted on Oceania? No, of course not, but the rules relevant to smoking should be respected. I am not aware of a proliferation of Adult only cruises (except of a certain type not frequented by Oceania people) and that suggests to me that there is a market driven reason for that. Perhaps the marketing message will not sell as well as most voters on this thread expect.

Most of the time, the few children aboard are a pleasure to interact with. I don't believe throwing out the baby with the bathwater makes any sense.

There are those adults that shouldn't be on board too.

That's exactly what I've been thinking reading the threads about children on board. There were only a few children on our Oceania cruise last April, and they were extremely well-behaved.

I don't have a problem with kids on holiday; I do take issue with parents who don't consider fellow passengers if/when the kids decide to push behavior. But, I also take issue with adults who don't consider other passengers and who push behavioral limits, as well.

That's exactly what I've been thinking reading the threads about children on board. There were only a few children on our Oceania cruise last April, and they were extremely well-behaved.

I don't have a problem with kids on holiday; I do take issue with parents who don't consider fellow passengers if/when the kids decide to push behavior. But, I also take issue with adults who don't consider other passengers and who push behavioral limits, as well.

I agree, Suzan.

Let's not forget whose grandkids those children were :D

Both adults and children are expected to behave in a civil manner, respecting the rules and fellow passengers.

I agree, Suzan.

Let's not forget whose grandkids those children were :D

Both adults and children are expected to behave in a civil manner, respecting the rules and fellow passengers.

Paul, I was so surprised when I returned home and watched the DVD I had bought from the cruise. There were a LOT of teens on that ship when we were on...but I think I only saw a handful the entire time. It was good to see on the DVD that they were having fun with the Easter activities Oceania planned for them.

The little ones at the Easter buffet in the GDR were adorable, all dressed up. Were those FDR's grandkids? I thought they were probably crew members' children, but I wasn't sure.

Anyway, I seldom have a problem with kids (that's one reason I taught elementary school), and I pretty much expect Oceania's clientele to respect each other's 'space'.

All this talk about Oceania sure makes it difficult to wait until the next cruise. :)

*Haven't voted on the poll, but if there had been a category of "I think things are fine the way they are", I would have.

Yes, AFAIK, FDR's grand kids were on the cruise and they were very well behaved.

I am not sure if they were the ones on the DVD but I wouldn't be surprised if they made the "final cut" :D

We too are looking forward to our future O cruises :)

my views. I think they should have no children itineraries...or no children ships. I have had several incidences to cite.

We have taken our 18 children and grandchildren (total) on cruises more than four times. Only on the first cruise were they young enough to enjoy the childrens program, on another cruise line. After that, they mostly "hung out"..a lot with one another. I feel there was one time when they were in the pool and a little out of line. The rest of the time they were mostly bored, but it was a wonderful family vacation. We did try to keep tabs on them..and the parents helped. I don't believe it was a wonderful experience for all!

One time we were on a three week cruise in the South China Sea, on a line where there was assigned seating--we did not want to sit with the family with the child for three weeks, we changed our seat. Embarrassing. We prefer to talk to adults.

On several cruises there were children who were well behaved.

We were on Seabourn last Christmas and it was one of the little sisters. There were two kids who were soooooo bad that the grandmother had their food delivered to the room and sometimes came to the buffet in the morning and took the food back to the room.

I came back after Christmas last year and was reading about all the unruly kids, and I had booked the Riviera for Christmas this year, the owners suite, and I simply cancelled because Oceania does not have a childrens program. I rebooked on Crystal--because they have a childrens program and I feel that at least there is a shot at having some peace.

I don't know what several itineraries without children would hurt. Oceania would gain as much as they would lose. For me, I would think they would give just the itinerary part a try--what is there to lose.

I don't know what several itineraries without children would hurt. Oceania would gain as much as they would lose. For me, I would think they would give just the itinerary part a try--what is there to lose.

Look at the poll results. Oceania would gain WAY MORE than it would lose. In two days only one O cruisers who "loves kids" and wants to sail with them. I do not believe there is a pro-children constituency among O cruisers.

Again, is anybody at O listening!? This cruiser cancelled the Owners' Suite.

Look at the poll results. Oceania would gain WAY MORE than it would lose. In two days only one O cruisers who "loves kids" and wants to sail with them. I do not believe there is a pro-children constituency among O cruisers.

Again, is anybody at O listening!? This cruiser cancelled the Owners' Suite.

This cruiser allso cancelled (3) Owners suites. :(

I agree with some of the above comments

Give some ADULT ONLY itineraries a try it may work out for all

For those that say just do not cruise when school is out,

if I did that I would have missed a great trip to Norway & the Arctic Circle & the round the British Isles cruises

I want to travel on the itineraries that I like & not have to worry how many children will be onboard or if they will be supervised or not

We have been lucky so far & have only had 1 instant of unruly children on board & it was not a passenger's children

P&O seemed to do well with their ADULT ONLY ships

If they do have families onboard & decide to have a program for them ...where will they put those children ...maybe in Horizons, how about having pool games ???

I have avoided the Holiday cruises because I know there are more children onboard although this would be a good time for us as we do not celebrate Christmas with our family anymore as they are scattered across Canada & the USA

OK off my soapbox

The poll does give a good idea of how popular the thought is at least among the 3% of Oceania cruisers that are on CC

Like I posted above ...maybe the cruise line should conduct it's own research on the topic

Lyn

Enjoy life ..it has an expiry date

Since this is a wish-for thread, I wish for a separate pool for everyone under 21. Let us oldies have the pleasure of a quiet pool. Many like to stand in the shallow end and chat with friends and not worry about someone jumping on our heads. I had my share of kids and Marco Polo over the years and lived through it, somehow. I guess being younger had something to do with it.

I don't see it happening, but I wish..............

Since this is a wish-for thread, I wish for a separate pool for everyone under 21. Let us oldies have the pleasure of a quiet pool. Many like to stand in the shallow end and chat with friends and not worry about someone jumping on our heads. I had my share of kids and Marco Polo over the years and lived through it, somehow. I guess being younger had something to do with it.

I don't see it happening, but I wish..............

The ships must be bigger than I think........where did you find a shallow end of the pool? :confused:

I voted and enjoyed reading the comments. Thankfully we have been fortunate on our cruises and have had no children problems. Most we have encountered were children of crew members or an occasional child that was well behaved and well taken care of. We are thankful for that!

If Oceania is going to welcome children with open arms, I would like to know exactly how many cruisers under 21 will be onboard before my final payment is due. This way I can opt out.

I feel the same way. But I doubt even the best connected TA could get that information for you -- well maybe there are a handful out there who could but not many.

Well the poll is over

Interesting results though I am not surprised by the outcome

Anyway thanks for playing

Enjoy

Lyn

It was an interesting idea.

The results (as of now) are very convincing - 89% of those voting are in favor of adults only ships/itineraries and only 3% against (the rest undecided)

It was an interesting idea.

The results (as of now) are very convincing - 89% of those voting are in favor of adults only ships/itineraries and only 3% against (the rest undecided)

Seems like an idea for the marketing dept to follow up on ;)

Sorry I was just dreaming :D

Lyn

I would not agree that a well behaved child is an exception to the rule. Most posts on this board suggest that horror kids are more often the exception, and not a big issue on Oceania.

if they are on the cruise you are on!

It doesn't matter how few cruises it occurs on; the one that you take is the one that you expect to enjoy. No one should have to tolerate rude children on board because either their parents or Oceania does not set forth behavioral guidelines.

Archived