Carnival Charges For??

janetz

Nobody commenting about my statement what happens to the passengers that are in that particular cabin that people choose to board earlier, do they have to get out of the cabin earlier so that the passenger who paid for this service has their cabin ready in time?

And does this mean those who not pay for this will be boarding even later?

They don't start boarding until all previous passengers are off.

Thank you! If they have a limit on how many people can be offered this I not have a problem but if that number gets high I just not like that because we always arrive early and never have lines to get on board, this would change everything for us then.

i'll get on the ship an hour later and use the 50 bucks to buy rum punches. 50 dollars worth of DOD's will help me get over the anguish of my lowly Gold status and help me "catch up" to the wanna be VIPs.

Hello fellow Buckeye! I'm in total agreement with you on this, but I do have one concern. What if those that do choose to pay the $50.00 to board early head to the bar and drink up all of the rum punch before we get on? :eek: This could lead to more passengers using rum runners. Carnival is creating a major problem with this idea.

More charges just to keep the fare low. Hopefully, at some point, someone will look into this pricing practice. That $299 fare at the top of this page is at least double and triple when you get done.

Next will be a resort fee.

And some consumers seem to say, "OK".

The return of class on ships is not too far away.

I totally agree with you. The cheap cruise fare is only the beginning. Start adding taxes and government fees, certain decks and whether you want midship or not. I just booked an RCI cruise for February and was curious to see what I would have paid had I cruised Carnival the same time (just one day difference). Guess what, Carnival was $110 more than RCI for a balcony, mid-ship on deck 7. I have a balcony, mid-ship on deck 7 on NOS. I honestly thought this cruise was going to be quite a bit more than Carnival's Conquest. I was wrong. :rolleyes: So why does everyone say, more bang for the buck? :confused:

I totally agree with you. The cheap cruise fare is only the beginning. Start adding taxes and government fees, certain decks and whether you want midship or not. I just booked an RCI cruise for February and was curious to see what I would have paid had I cruised Carnival the same time (just one day difference). Guess what, Carnival was $110 more than RCI for a balcony, mid-ship on deck 7. I have a balcony, mid-ship on deck 7 on NOS. I honestly thought this cruise was going to be quite a bit more than Carnival's Conquest. I was wrong. :rolleyes: So why does everyone say, more bang for the buck? :confused:

Believe it or not it used to be worse!!! The cruiselines used to be allowed to add on port fees, and in the mid 1990s FL AG did a class action lawsuit and all the cruiselines agreed to add the huge amount of port fees into the cruisefare. People dont realize they may be paying $160 of port fees per person on a 7 day cruise .. and most wrongly assume its part of the little amount they add on as taxes and fees. Your fare used to more than double in the old days when you would call and price a cruise.

Once you start cruising with RCL and get some perks.. you will be extra spoiled. Im only diamond (about 10 cruises) and get the free wine at night on every cruise for about 3 hours. Its a nice perk. Balcony discounts start at about 5 cruises and the discount goes up and up on RCL. I do Carnival because its year round and I can drive.. but I like RCL's perks a lot.

I would pay it, to me the benefit of getting a priority tender ticket would make it worth it on some cuises, including my upcoming one on the Legend. I hope they make this fleet wide by October!

Archived