State rooms ready when you board?

BigDfromTN

My sailing in June....had to be out of the cabin by 8:30 AM. Repeated announcements were made because many passengers were still in occupancy delaying the cabin stewards from cleaning and getting them ready for the next sailing.

I took my luggage with me to have breakfast in the buffet area because I didn't want to rush to eat and then rush back to get my handcarries.

Many passengers didn't and went back to their cabins for their carry offs.

Also, there was a problem with the self-disembarkers who took so looooong to leave the ship that the rest of the disembarcation was delayed and didn't start until after 9 AM. Result...about 30-40 delay in getting off the ship from assigned times. People had so much luggage they were trying to carry off!

Boarding in NYC works this way....when you arrive you are assigned a group number for boarding based on the time you arrive. Unless they are planning on creating an Express boarding for some, you cannot board unless your group number is called.

Once on board, we were told cabins were not ready and to go to the buffet area to have lunch.

Finished lunch and was waiting when the announcement was made that cabins were ready.

MARAPRINCE

From posts about the new VIFP party there aren't that many platinum cabins on each cruise and the silly new $49 "excusion" being tried on 2 ships is limited to about 15 cabins. Only those cabins have to be ready early so not that many. They just tackle those first then the rest. Not that hard.

I've been platinum for the past several cruises and my cabin is always ready early. I like to drop my carry on b/c that champagne bottle gets heavy!

Just curious and thinking.

How will they accomplish this?

Require guests to depart rooms sooner than before?

Delay boarding? (I doubt as they would lose revenue)

Shift some extra help to clean and change out cabins?

Just not sure how they will logistically do this. I am aware there will be a limited number that "Have" to be ready. This is based on the number of Platinum, Diamond, and F2F cabins.

Please dont turn this into a bashing of F2F. Plenty of threads for that!!!

Lets keep it to the logistics and how and if they can deliver on the promise.

Don

All they have to do is ask Princess lines. My cabin has always been ready when I have boarded. I always try to board around 1100. Never had to wait yet.

They can get 15 cabins shipwide ready early no problem.. I dont know why people think they cant.

Great if they also do platinums and diamonds early too.. but I dont hold my breath.. 15 they can do easily

If at this point everyone is supposed to be out of their rooms by 9AM and they currently do not want anyone in until 1:30, they are almost 50% done with the cabins by 11, and even if they have few hundred platinums/diamonds on the cruise, should still be no problem

I wouldn't worry too much about it. HAL's been doing this for over a year, successfully. They have all staterooms ready by 11:30, which is usually when boarding starts. They actually don't kick you out of your cabin at any specific time on the last day, at least they didn't on the Zuiderdam last month. We do, however, always leave our cabin as soon as we are ready as a courtesy to our stewards. On our HAL cruise, it looked like the stewards just got to work as soon as people vacated their rooms. It ends up being more random than systematic, since they never know when each cabin will be empty but I'd imagine that by the time last call comes, there aren't that many cabins left to do in each section.

If they've figured out a way to make it work, I'm sure Carnival can too. Especially if they're only doing this for a select number of rooms on each cruise. Doesn't seem like too big a deal to me.

True!

But...that brings up another question for me - HOW are they going to stop others who should not be getting early room access from going to their cabins?? :cool:

They usually don't. Most of the time there is no one standing by the doors to stop you. I only saw staff a few times who looked like supervisors directing staff what to do and they'd not let anyone pass. The doors are closed but not locked so people sneak in all the time. (As I was shown by a fellow CC'er who wasn't yet platinum!)

On one cruise when I was platinum I went in about 35 min. early. It was just after a holiday or spring break crowd debarked. Holy Cow! The halls were littered with junk of all kinds. Popcorn everywhere, candy wrappers all over. Random pieces of paper. I felt so bad for the stewards. Got to my cabin and it was pristine. Rooms on that cruise weren't ready by the usual time.

What I would like to know is how are they going to promise the early luggage delivery? As we all know, you arrive at the terminal and there are porters everywhere collecting luggage the tossing it into the luggage carriers till they are filled to the brim. Are they going to have specific luggage carriers designated for the Platinum/Diamond/F2F passengers? If not, how can they guarantee that they will put these passengers luggage on the ship first and deliver it first? Just curious.........

What I would like to know is how are they going to promise the early luggage delivery? As we all know, you arrive at the terminal and there are porters everywhere collecting luggage the tossing it into the luggage carriers till they are filled to the brim. Are they going to have specific luggage carriers designated for the Platinum/Diamond/F2F passengers? If not, how can they guarantee that they will put these passengers luggage on the ship first and deliver it first? Just curious.........

I was curious about this as well. I figure they will do as you say and have some VIP luggage bins that get strategically placed for first delivery. That strategical placement maybe on the dock and loaded last so they can be delivered first, or it may be to a spot in the ship they can get to first.

Time will tell.

Ok...here's a question.....not related to this post......I'm a platinum cruiser....what is a diamond cruiser.....what is F2F???

Diamond is a higher level of VIP or the now VIFP.

F2F is short for folks buying into a program called "Faster To The Fun".

You can read more about it in other threads.;)

Diamond = 200+ days cruised on VIFP

F2F = $50 Faster to the Fun "excursion" purchase that get some Platinum "Loyalty" perks

oohhhhh....Any additional perks with Diamond?

And I'd never pay $50 for F2F.....just to drop my bags off......I can use that $50 in a much better way......:D

Just making an assumption, but I would guess that they already have some sort of way they deliver luggage, in fact, I bet they work their way from bottom to top (I've been on lower decks and got my luggage really quick, but the higher up I went, the longer it took), so they have to have a way of sorting the luggage into sections once it gets loaded.......they will just have some extra sorting to do.

My luggage tags now have a F2F symbol printed on the, kinda like the VIP tags. So does my FunPass. I figure my S&S "might" have something too........maybe not.

It will be really interesting to see how it is handled. There is a risk to being one of the few who try a program first, but there is also some good things that might come out of it too.

They have been trying to have earlier boarding and earlier rooms readiness on one of the "test" ships for a while now. I bet this was a practice run for the stewards before they pushed out this program.

I do find it funny that a lot of people are complaining about being "kicked" out of thier rooms earlier when it seems the only thing you read on CC is .. Can I take my own Luggage of First , Can I make a 9:00 Flight ...How soon Can I get off the ship .... Our Last cruise it was like a free for all at 7:30 people getting off you couldn't even get an elevator.. Now everyone wants to stay LOL.

Just making an assumption, but I would guess that they already have some sort of way they deliver luggage, in fact, I bet they work their way from bottom to top (I've been on lower decks and got my luggage really quick, but the higher up I went, the longer it took), so they have to have a way of sorting the luggage into sections once it gets loaded.......they will just have some extra sorting to do.

My luggage tags now have a F2F symbol printed on the, kinda like the VIP tags. So does my FunPass. I figure my S&S "might" have something too........maybe not.

It will be really interesting to see how it is handled. There is a risk to being one of the few who try a program first, but there is also some good things that might come out of it too.

They have been trying to have earlier boarding and earlier rooms readiness on one of the "test" ships for a while now. I bet this was a practice run for the stewards before they pushed out this program.

Did the color of your luggage tags change after you puchased the F2F

Also do you know how many cabins in your roll call purchased this upgrade?

That's because the airlines all have the cheaper fares in the morning and everyone books those to save a few bucks......then scramble and are rude to everyone around them and worry whether they'll make their flights.

I booked a 10:40 flight once....from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale airport because it's so close......never again. We made it that year, but the very next year (we luckily had a later flight) our cruise ship was delayed and we didn't get into port until 8:00ish.....started disembarkment at 9:30ish. People went nuts. :eek:

Just not sure how they will logistically do this. I am aware there will be a limited number that "Have" to be ready. This is based on the number of Platinum, Diamond, and F2F cabins.

Don

I was wondering this too...I think it will be a nightmare for the poor stewards.

They can get 15 cabins shipwide ready early no problem.. I dont know why people think they cant.

Great if they also do platinums and diamonds early too.. but I dont hold my breath.. 15 they can do easily

I agree with firefly, but aren't we assuming all these people are EARLY BOARDERS? Some of the Platinums and Diamonds maybe won't necessarily be at the port for early boarding. Travel air times and screwed up plans change everything sometimes.:confused:

However, if EVERYBODY that qualifies for early boarding shows up ON TIME . . . . . good luck, there will be delays.

Along with the new program, from now on all Plats and Diamonds will be required to have your cabin cleaned, bed linen changed and floors vacumed, be completely done and vacate the cabin by 7:30 am. ready for the next Plat, Diamond or Buy in the program passenger to occupy.

If you fail to complete this task you will be fined 250.00 and you will also be demoted back to the lowest level of the "Loyalty Program" to start all over again.

Along with the new program, from now on all Plats and Diamonds will be required to have your cabin cleaned, bed linen changed and floors vacumed, be completely done and vacate the cabin by 7:30 am. ready for the next Plat, Diamond or Buy in the program passenger to occupy.

If you fail to complete this task you will be fined 250.00 and you will also be demoted back to the lowest level of the "Loyalty Program" to start all over again.

Hey dont give Carnival any more Ideas:eek:

Don

when thw brand ambassador stated they were pilotting a program in texas about early room availability, he had a a hard time saying that guests were being asked to leave their rooms earlier.

i stay in my room as long as poosible, and no way do i leave earlier than requested.

seems the publishing of those accomplishments in texas just disappeared, kinda like the $18 pay for steak.

Archived