State rooms ready when you board?

BigDfromTN

Did the color of your luggage tags change after you puchased the F2F

Also do you know how many cabins in your roll call purchased this upgrade?

Well she is in my roll call I just counted we have 16 people that will be boarding early from our roll call , thats 9 cabins as 2 are singles. But our sailing did sell out , I just looked we had 2 tickets left , its now gone nothing is offered from Miami on the first day. But I think we started with 15 tickets so we may have like near 30 people.

The luggage tags stayed the same color except now they have a Faster to the Fun LOGO on them . Just like my Boarding pass. It would be easy to miss though.

What I would like to know is how are they going to promise the early luggage delivery? As we all know, you arrive at the terminal and there are porters everywhere collecting luggage the tossing it into the luggage carriers till they are filled to the brim. Are they going to have specific luggage carriers designated for the Platinum/Diamond/F2F passengers? If not, how can they guarantee that they will put these passengers luggage on the ship first and deliver it first? Just curious.........

This is one thing I want to see how it works out.

Well she is in my roll call I just counted we have 16 people that will be boarding early from our roll call , thats 9 cabins as 2 are singles. But our sailing did sell out , I just looked we had 2 tickets left , its now gone nothing is offered from Miami on the first day. But I think we started with 15 tickets so we may have like near 30 people.

The luggage tags stayed the same color except now they have a Faster to the Fun LOGO on them . Just like my Boarding pass. It would be easy to miss though.

Thanks for answering

Ok it first sounded like it was 15 cabins per hour

Im surprised they dont change the tags as it might be tough to spot 2-4 bags out of 200 per deck area. Im thinking there may be some misplaced luggage:eek:

Enjoy... I dont begrude anyone purchasing it as Im sure if we wernt already Platinum my GF would want it.

I just question Carnivals thinking alot of the time.:rolleyes:

Thanks for answering

Ok it first sounded like it was 15 cabins per hour

Im surprised they dont change the tags as it might be tough to spot 2-4 bags out of 200 per deck area. Im thinking there may be some misplaced luggage:eek:

Enjoy... I dont begrude anyone purchasing it as Im sure if we wernt already Platinum my GF would want it.

I just question Carnivals thinking alot of the time.:rolleyes:

Thanks , at first we thought maybe that as they were switching times then by next morning there was still 2 left so we came to the conconclusion no they just screwed up with the 8 -9 thing and switched it to 11 -12. Yea I hope it works out and no hard feeling between groups, We have a platnium person on our roll call and I told her she should get preference on the tender , i just didnt want to have to get up at dawn to get an early tender ticket . Hopefully it works out. If not you will see Threads like I got screwed over by a F2F person LOL :eek::D

I agree with firefly, but aren't we assuming all these people are EARLY BOARDERS? Some of the Platinums and Diamonds maybe won't necessarily be at the port for early boarding. Travel air times and screwed up plans change everything sometimes.:confused:

However, if EVERYBODY that qualifies for early boarding shows up ON TIME . . . . . good luck, there will be delays.

And how will they ever know which ones are NOT going to show early. Meaning they need to have them ALL(VIP & F2F) ready by the time boarding starts.

Having every one leave early...

That is not a problem with us.

We do the Platinum Self Disembark as we drive to the port as a rule and have a minimum 6 hour ride home. We like to get out and on the road as soon as we can.

That is not a problem with us.

We do the Platinum Self Disembark as we drive to the port as a rule and have a minimum 6 hour ride home. We like to get out and on the road as soon as we can.

same. if we're local. we do vip self debark. in the car and home in 22 minutes.

if we are flying, we take our time.

We just cruised VIP on the Magic out of Galveston with the following timeline :

11:00 - enter terminal

11:20 - onto ship

11:30 - into room.

Unbelieveably quick. :D

Disembarkation was a totally different story. Over 1 1/2 hr just to clear customs. :rolleyes:

The luggage probably will be semi painless...

Let's face it the porters don't seperate floors by bins, they do the separating on the ship...

Once a bin is full, they'll put on ship and then put VIP/FTF bags of same floor/area on a luggage cart and send it away...

On the behind the fun tour on deck zero they had to have at least 100+ luggage carts....so it's definitely not impossible

I wonder if they will just code the sail ans sign cards to not work in locks til 2 for non VIP/FTF cabins (which is doable with key machines)

I've sailed on Princess a few times. The cabins were always ready as soon as we boarded, and we arrived early and were on the ship by 12:00. We had a regular balcony room, so we are not platinum, and never had a suite. But times sailing the cabins were ready. We were not kicked off the ship at 7 am. I believe we left around 9:30.

Why is everyone under the impression they are selling 15 of these per cruise? Do you think they would piss off so many loyal customers for $750? On my cruise they put up 15 FTTF tickets and those sold out. Guess what happened next? 15 more went up for sale. And when those sell out? You guessed it. All Carnival is doing is posting these up for sale in 15 ticket increments. This accomplishes two big things. 1) Customer gets the I better buy it now before it sells out feeling. 2) No one knows how many tickets are really being sold.

The fact that they are selling these so far out, means they really cannot capacity control this because they can only "guess" how many Platinum and Diamond cruisers will be on board. To justify this much commotion, I am betting they are selling at least 200 of these per cruise. With 2-4 people per cabin you are looking at 400-800 people. Yes still only a select number on a 3000+ person ship, but not 15 cabins.

Expect the following. Chaotic boarding with Platinum's and Diamand's pissed off at the FTTFs and FTTFs pissed off because they are not "getting what they paid for". Meanwhile the average cruiser will get on quicker than ever. With 200+ cabins to get ready by 11am, they will either need to forcefully evacuate people from their cabins from the previous cruise or have upset customers. Expect longer lines at the "special" guest services line because people will use the line just because they paid for it.

I see Carnival wanting to make extra money, but this is only going to push the loyals away and the FTTFs are not going to get what they thought they were paying for. All they had to do was raise ticket prices $20 per cabin for the whole ship and they would have made the same revenue with no issues. This will be the beginning of a trend. We will soon be paying for luggage, paying for restricted poolside/serenity seating, paying for priority show seating, etc. This is the beginning of a big change.

Why is everyone under the impression they are selling 15 of these per cruise? Do you think they would piss off so many loyal customers for $750? On my cruise they put up 15 FTTF tickets and those sold out. Guess what happened next? 15 more went up for sale. And when those sell out? You guessed it. All Carnival is doing is posting these up for sale in 15 ticket increments. This accomplishes two big things. 1) Customer gets the I better buy it now before it sells out feeling. 2) No one knows how many tickets are really being sold.

The fact that they are selling these so far out, means they really cannot capacity control this because they can only "guess" how many Platinum and Diamond cruisers will be on board. To justify this much commotion, I am betting they are selling at least 200 of these per cruise. With 2-4 people per cabin you are looking at 400-800 people. Yes still only a select number on a 3000+ person ship, but not 15 cabins.

Expect the following. Chaotic boarding with Platinum's and Diamand's pissed off at the FTTFs and FTTFs pissed off because they are not "getting what they paid for". Meanwhile the average cruiser will get on quicker than ever. With 200+ cabins to get ready by 11am, they will either need to forcefully evacuate people from their cabins from the previous cruise or have upset customers. Expect longer lines at the "special" guest services line because people will use the line just because they paid for it.

I see Carnival wanting to make extra money, but this is only going to push the loyals away and the FTTFs are not going to get what they thought they were paying for. All they had to do was raise ticket prices $20 per cabin for the whole ship and they would have made the same revenue with no issues. This will be the beginning of a trend. We will soon be paying for luggage, paying for restricted poolside/serenity seating, paying for priority show seating, etc. This is the beginning of a big change.

How many threads are you going to post this on? What are you trying to "push". If you don't like it, cruise somewhere else.

Every time I've cruised with a suite my cabin has been ready when I walked on...

People have already said this is not the case for their sailings... Once the initial 15 have sold out, there were no more available.

Also, I would SO pay for reserved Serenity seating:) Let's hope the beards listen to your suggestion, lol.

What I would like to know is how are they going to promise the early luggage delivery? As we all know, you arrive at the terminal and there are porters everywhere collecting luggage the tossing it into the luggage carriers till they are filled to the brim. Are they going to have specific luggage carriers designated for the Platinum/Diamond/F2F passengers? If not, how can they guarantee that they will put these passengers luggage on the ship first and deliver it first? Just curious.........

Platinum/Diamond and Suite guests are identified already by VIP on their luggage tags. It wouldn't be that difficult for Carnival to put F2F on the luggage tags of those that bought the service. Although, knowing how their IT folks handle change, it may be more difficult than I know. You just have certain luggage bins for these guests to expedite their luggage.

People have already said this is not the case for their sailings... Once the initial 15 have sold out, there were no more available.

Also, I would SO pay for reserved Serenity seating:) Let's hope the beards listen to your suggestion, lol.

Our cruise sold out with just our CC group and then more tickets were put right back up.

My luggage tags are still orange but now has F2F near where your cabin info is and a symbol next to where you put your name,when I purchased mine there were 12 left since then 4 more have gone,besides myself I believe there are 3 others on my roll call who purchased it as of yesterday anyway.

My luggage tags are still orange but now has F2F near where your cabin info is and a symbol next to where you put your name,when I purchased mine there were 12 left since then 4 more have gone,besides myself I believe there are 3 others on my roll call who purchased it as of yesterday anyway.

I hope you'll share your experience with us when you get back from your cruise. I purchased F2F for our November cruise on the Liberty; our sailing sold out quickly!

And how will they ever know which ones are NOT going to show early. Meaning they need to have them ALL(VIP & F2F) ready by the time boarding starts.

Excellent point.:D

I can see no good coming from this. F2F people unhappy because they paid for something they didn't get and Platinum and Gold card holders equally pissed.

The cabin stewards have a list of Platinum and above passengers. So they know which cabins they are in. The stewards that will be busy are the ones on the decks with suites since they all will need to be ready. Why would the cabins need to be ready at 10:30 since boarding usually does not start until 11:00?

I read that Carnival will sell up to two hundred of the fast passes.

There always have been people who think they can go to their cabin and drop off their luggage anytime they want. It’s the cabin stewards that should complain the most.

200? You certainly are not talking about on one cruise? I this the total in the test program? And where did you hear that? 200 passes could easily add up to 800 passengers with the pass?

No still green for aft. Just a little F2F symbol on it now. We have a total of around 6 cabins I think. Most doubles, I'm a single.

That's what I get for thinking, sold have checked with our Google doc lol.

I'm sorry, no hard feelings, but with a negative outlook, you get negative outcomes. There is a price to be paid for being one of the first to try something, but it cud be good or bad. I will suck it up either way. And for the record, if I was standing in the security line, the only place we should be mixed and a P/D was behind me I would offer to let them pass. Respect for fellow humans go a long way.

There is always hope Carnival will kill the program bc of the uproar......they did bring the shrimp back.

200? You certainly are not talking about on one cruise? I this the total in the test program? And where did you hear that? 200 passes could easily add up to 800 passengers with the pass?

I read the number 200 on a carnival forum. With over 1,000 cabins on each ship it could be done. If you add the total number of suites and cabins holding platinum and higher passengers 200 could be reached easily. 15 passes per ship doesn’t make much sense because the amount of revenue it would bring in vs. the amount of work involved.

Archived