State rooms ready when you board?

BigDfromTN

Just curious and thinking.

How will they accomplish this?

Require guests to depart rooms sooner than before?

Delay boarding? (I doubt as they would lose revenue)

Shift some extra help to clean and change out cabins?

Just not sure how they will logistically do this. I am aware there will be a limited number that "Have" to be ready. This is based on the number of Platinum, Diamond, and F2F cabins.

Please dont turn this into a bashing of F2F. Plenty of threads for that!!!

Lets keep it to the logistics and how and if they can deliver on the promise.

Don

Wouldn't that suck to pay extra to have your stateroom ready and be on board in one of the first groups and then have boarding delayed?????:eek:

Yes it would!

However I doubt they would delay the boarding. Just delay the access to the cabin and apologize...

Just not sure how they will logistically do this. I am aware there will be a limited number that "Have" to be ready. This is based on the number of Platinum, Diamond, and F2F cabins.

Don

This is just a guess , I would assume they will clean the rooms of those boarding early first , they will have those room numbers avilable to to the room stewards. It may cause them headaches and added work , not that Carnival cares. If our room is not totallty ready I wouldnt care, I just like the thought I can go drop off my stuff and get rid of it a few hours early.

Yes and I agree enough bashing on the subject already. They did change our tickets from 8-9 to 11 -12 which now seems more reasonable .. I knew when we bought them there was NO way we could board at 8 am.. That was not even feasable . was hoping maybe 10 am , but oh well I can go with the flow. :):)

Yes it would!

However I doubt they would delay the boarding. Just delay the access to the cabin and apologize...

I would think it is going to be more like this too.

Normally, upon boarding we're told we would have access at 2, so my guess would be if they can guarantee those cabins are ready at 1:30 Carnival will be happy with it.

They usually kick you out of the cabin by 9 am .. but you dont have to get off the ship until 10 am or sometimes a little after.

If its just a few cabins, the cabin steward should be able to do those cabins in time.

I see no problem... doubtfull many of the 15 sold would all be in the same cabin stewards area... and if needed I bet someone would help him.

They usually kick you out of the cabin by 9 am .. but you dont have to get off the ship until 10 am or sometimes a little after.

If its just a few cabins, the cabin steward should be able to do those cabins in time.

I see no problem... doubtfull many of the 15 sold would all be in the same cabin stewards area... and if needed I bet someone would help him.

But they have to have the Platinums & Diamonds ready too.

I still dont see how they will do this. They havnt been able to do it and all of a sudden they can:rolleyes:

Maybe its doable. I have been down those halls before the doors open and its an Obstacle course some times. Gettng around the bags of linens, Vacuum cleaners, cords, and carts. Just wonder if they will change any of that?

Yes they will, but a known number before they sail.

The Brand Ambassador stated yesterday that the Stewards will have a target of 9:30 for Plat/Diamond and 10:30 for FTTF.

The key word in all of that is target.

Don

last cruise when we left for breakfast the room attendant was out in the hallway and asked if he could go ahead and clean the room we said ya sure no problem came back the room was 98% ready for the next guest clean sheet towels luggage.cover on the bed and our packed luggage on top mini bar resstocked only thing he would havr to.come back and do is take out trash/ make sure sink was clean

last cruise when we left for breakfast the room attendant was out in the hallway and asked if he could go ahead and clean the room we said ya sure no problem came back the room was 98% ready for the next guest clean sheet towels luggage.cover on the bed and our packed luggage on top mini bar resstocked only thing he would havr to.come back and do is take out trash/ make sure sink was clean

I'm not sure I wanted to hear that... you (and I don't really mean you) could come back in and do whatever under the covers and the next guest would find it? Hmmmm...

I would assume they will simply give a priority list to housekeeping and they will do those first instead of in order.

That would be my assumption also but that might cause some inefficiencies for the staff, rather than just working down the hall.

As mentioned, I like being able to go straight to the room on another line but then Carnival couldn't charge for it:rolleyes:.

Maybe its doable. I have been down those halls before the doors open and its an Obstacle course some times. Gettng around the bags of linens, Vacuum cleaners, cords, and carts. Just wonder if they will change any of that?

Yes they will, but a known number before they sail.

True!

But...that brings up another question for me - HOW are they going to stop others who should not be getting early room access from going to their cabins?? :cool:

Don

I have never heard of CCL having any perk or offer to have cabin ready when you board. This will be my 14th cruise on CCL. Where did you hear about this?

True!

But...that brings up another question for me - HOW are they going to stop others who should not be getting early room access from going to their cabins?? :cool:

I as others believe they will NOT!! But that is another thread...

I have never heard of CCL having any perk or offer to have cabin ready when you board. This will be my 14th cruise on CCL. Where did you hear about this?

Read some of the threads about Faster to the Fun!

Read John Healds Facebook

Read on Carnival.com

Its all the buzz.

The cabin stewards have a list of Platinum and above passengers. So they know which cabins they are in. The stewards that will be busy are the ones on the decks with suites since they all will need to be ready. Why would the cabins need to be ready at 10:30 since boarding usually does not start until 11:00?

I read that Carnival will sell up to two hundred of the fast passes.

There always have been people who think they can go to their cabin and drop off their luggage anytime they want. It’s the cabin stewards that should complain the most.

oops..700+ Diamond cruzers.. I am one of them, and lot of Plats.... I have run 2 hotels/motels..there is a system...and it will be "BRILLIANTLY" employed, I"m sure..some one always has to be 1st...and last. Staying in board is not something I wish to do , but don't have to hurry, when I drive, or have a limo. I"m sure the VIP-VIFP FTTF..and all the others..will be exodus-ed eventually...let's just hide and watch what happens !..I"m an early arrival, and like to be on by 11a.m...unless b'fast is served, I see no reason to be on by 8:30 !..But dropping carry on is a nice plus....might I even state....

Brilliant ! ! ! !

This is just a guess , I would assume they will clean the rooms of those boarding early first , they will have those room numbers avilable to to the room stewards. It may cause them headaches and added work , not that Carnival cares. If our room is not totallty ready I wouldnt care, I just like the thought I can go drop off my stuff and get rid of it a few hours early.

Yes and I agree enough bashing on the subject already. They did change our tickets from 8-9 to 11 -12 which now seems more reasonable .. I knew when we bought them there was NO way we could board at 8 am.. That was not even feasable . was hoping maybe 10 am , but oh well I can go with the flow. :):)

How would they know who's boarding early? That's not how it works, anyway. When the ship docks on the final day, the crew is already actively working to turn the ship around. You must be out of your cabin by a certain time. We usually wait until the cabin steward comes to clean. We don't need to hurry up and wait. Your cabin may or may not be ready when you board, if this is the case you will not have access to the cabin. You can't drop anything off if your cabin isn't ready, you'll have to carry it around wih you, which is one of the reasons we don't try to board early. Out of nine cruises we were only denied access to our cabin once but then we don't rush to board. It was one of the times when we had a suite so obviously that doesn't make any difference. We get on the ship around three in the afternoon. The lines are shorter and moves much quicker than when you board early.

Archived